• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does This Mean...virtual Memory Minimum

In summary, virtual memory minimum refers to the minimum amount of space reserved on your computer's hard drive for temporary data storage when your physical memory is full. It can affect your computer's performance by preventing it from slowing down or crashing, but setting it too high can also slow down your computer. You can check and change your computer's virtual memory minimum in the System Properties, with the recommended amount being at least 1.5 times your physical memory.
kaseydee
Gold Member
What does it mean when my computer says virtual memory minimum too low. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.

I have no idea! Where's Ann or Janet?

OMG chefann my computer runs like its on steroids now. LOL :) Thanks so much for your help!

I'd been getting that message too and had no idea what to do about it! thanks!

1. What does "virtual memory minimum" mean?

Virtual memory minimum refers to the minimum amount of space reserved on your computer's hard drive for temporary data storage when your physical memory (RAM) is full. This allows your computer to continue running smoothly even when it runs out of physical memory.

2. How does virtual memory minimum affect my computer's performance?

Having a sufficient virtual memory minimum can improve your computer's performance by preventing it from slowing down or crashing when it runs out of physical memory. However, if the virtual memory minimum is set too high, it can also slow down your computer.

3. How do I check my computer's virtual memory minimum?

To check your computer's virtual memory minimum, go to your computer's System Properties. On Windows, you can access this by right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Properties." Then, go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Settings" button under the Performance section. Here, you will see the current virtual memory minimum set for your system.

4. Can I change my computer's virtual memory minimum?

Yes, you can change your computer's virtual memory minimum. However, it is recommended to leave it at the default setting unless you are experiencing performance issues. To change it, go to your computer's System Properties and follow the same steps as mentioned in the previous question. Then, click on the "Change" button and adjust the virtual memory minimum as desired.

5. How much virtual memory minimum should I have?

The recommended virtual memory minimum varies depending on your computer's processing power and the programs you regularly use. As a general rule, it is recommended to have at least 1.5 times of your physical memory (RAM) as your virtual memory minimum. So, if you have 4GB of RAM, the recommended virtual memory minimum would be 6GB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • mommyhugz1978
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat