• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Register for the Event or Wait to Confirm Your Day Off?

In summary, the person is scheduled to work on the day of their closest Spring Launch, but they will be requested vacation for the day. They are Unsure of what to do, as the deadline to cancel is January 16th. They are considering either registering now or waiting until they find out if they will have the day off.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I am scheduled to work on the day of my closest Spring Launch..I will be requested vacation for the day, as long as someone who is senior to me does not before me. Since it is into next year I have to wait for the seniority to come down to me.

I really don't want to miss out on being able to go. And I heard stories last year of people not being able to go because their's filled up before they had a chance to register. SO..

What should I do?

Register and if I can't get off just cancel and get my money back?

OR

Wait until I find out if I will have the day off? That might only be late December depending on the speed of the people above me doing their requests.

I'd find out the cancellation policy and register NOW. You are right, alot of them filled up before the deadline. Ours actually opened about 50 more slots after it was full, but it was still stressful for those who didn't get in on time.

chefsteph07 said:
I'd find out the cancellation policy and register NOW. You are right, alot of them filled up before the deadline. Ours actually opened about 50 more slots after it was full, but it was still stressful for those who didn't get in on time.

It says January 16th is the deadline to cancel..and I will definately know if I need to before that. So I think that that is what I will do. I need to wait for payday on Wednesday..but I will register then. Thank you.

That would be my suggestion, too. The chances of someone else wanting that date that time of year is slim.

I am so sad..I just looked at the seniority list..and someone on my shift just took my day off..well..I am glad that I saw it today..since this is the day that i was going to register..I wish mine was wednesday's..since I am scheduled off that day.

Can you talk to the person who took that day? Maybe if she/he doesn't have something particular scheduled, you could work something out....

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Can you talk to the person who took that day? Maybe if she/he doesn't have something particular scheduled, you could work something out....

That's what I was going to suggest. Sometimes people are understanding. Wish you luck. I haven't been able to go because it's always on the same weekend that I have a conference for my company.

Ahhhh that stinks! I hope you can talk to them and beg and plead for them to switch :)
This will be my first ever PC event to go to and I am sooooooooooo excited!

I am debating on going. Last year I missed PA because it did not show it was full until I actually submitted the registration form. So because of that I had to go to go to Baltimore, MD by myself when my hospitality group went to PA. This year there really is not one close to me so I may go to Hartford, Ct and go with my director. It's a three hour ride, but she'll let me stay over with her.

Heidi, I've totally been there & done that on the shift work & being limited to how many can take off at a time!!! One of the reasons that I don't miss being in the comm center anymore! ;)

Does your agency allow you to trade days? If so, trade!!! You work Wed for them & let them work the day you need for Spring Launch!!! :D

Sheila said:
Heidi, I've totally been there & done that on the shift work & being limited to how many can take off at a time!!! One of the reasons that I don't miss being in the comm center anymore! ;)

Does your agency allow you to trade days? If so, trade!!! You work Wed for them & let them work the day you need for Spring Launch!!! :D

Sheila..I didn't even think of that. I will see what I can do. I know that the guy who took it off will not switch. He keeps talking about his plans that weekend.

What Do You Suggest That I Do?

Pampered Chef consultants are here to help you find the best solutions for your cooking and kitchen needs. Here are the top five frequently asked questions and our suggestions:

1. What kitchen tools do you recommend for meal prep?

We suggest the Deluxe Cooking Blender for blending and cooking soups, sauces, and more. The Quick Cooker is perfect for pressure cooking meals in a fraction of the time. And our Food Chopper makes chopping fruits, vegetables, and nuts a breeze.

2. How can I make healthy meals for my family?

We recommend using our Spiral & Slice and Simple Slicer to easily add vegetables to your meals. The Veggie Spiralizer is great for making zucchini noodles, and our Grill Pan and Grill Press are perfect for grilling lean meats and vegetables.

3. What are your top picks for baking?

We suggest the Stoneware Rectangular Baker for casseroles and desserts, the Round Covered Baker for roasting and baking, and the Classic Batter Bowl for mixing and pouring batters.

4. What cookware do you recommend for everyday use?

We recommend our Executive Nonstick Cookware for its durable construction and easy clean-up. The Rockcrok Dutch Oven is perfect for stovetop and oven cooking, and our Stainless Steel Cookware is ideal for searing and sautéing.

5. How can I simplify my meal planning?

We suggest using our Meal Prep Set for portioning and storing meals, and the Quick Cooker for quick and easy one-pot meals. Our Veggie Spiralizer and Manual Food Processor also make meal prep a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • pamperedbecky