• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can You Expect at Our Local Farmers Market This Weekend?

I'm doing a local one in October and supposedly it's supposed to be really big. I was thinking of having all the spices for sale. I was going to send in my own show for spices. Do you think it's too big of a risk? Or do you think they will sale?I think it would be a good idea to have a spice show. I also think it would be a good idea to have some of the favorite handy if you're doing cash and carry.
pattikake
My recruit & I are renting a space at our local farmers market this weekend. This is a new venture for us, as well as our community - usually the closest market is 18 miles from here.

We would like to have some food samples to highlight some of the products. I'm thinking the triple citrus mojitos, as I am overloaded with mint! What else, if anything, would you suggest?

I sell from time to time at a local farmers market. Although it draws a lot of people I do not bring food along due to the fact that people will just sample it and move on...

This may be a stupid question but are you going to put the alcohol in the mojitos?? I would leave them alcohol free to be on the safe side.

You do not have a food service license so do not serve food unless you want to be fined.

Why serve food? You should be working on a beautiful display to get people to your table. At booths you are looking for contacts, too, not necessarily sales.

Thank you for all the replies .. I spoke with the coordinator today and she said food was fine - but will re-think this now -- thanks for bringing up the food service license. This is all new to me, so I wouldn't have thought of this.

We are having a display as well - featuring summertime and grilling season. And yes, we are there to gather leads/contacts.

Food gets in the way, can spoil, can give people food poisoning, brings people to your booth that are only there for the food, etc. I don't even like to have wrapped candy at my booths. However, there are mooches who will eat ANYTHING - even raw, unwashed potatoes that were sliced by the UM and have been sitting out....ewww

I have a booth at the Farmer's Market, for every Saturday, and I never have food. People do not even expect it. I do take a couple potatoes, if anyone wants to try the mandoline or food chopper.

For displays at trade shows, etc. I always bring some potatoes / turnips / onions (inexpensive produce) to demo the UM, crinkle cutter, apple wedger, food chopper, etc.
People can "play" with the tools.

Sorry to sort-of hi-jack, but do you actually benefit from doing the Farmer's Markets? I was actually just contacted about one locally, but I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it or not.

Ours was in a very small community, for 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon. We ended up with 2 bookings, 2 orders and many new contacts .. It was worth it for us.

I am amazed by what The Farmer's Market has done for my business. I moved to the area in March, started the Farmer's Market 1st of June, and it has been incredible. An extra $1000 in sales a month, tons of new contacts and referrals, etc. Besides that, it is FUN!!!!!!

Sorry to sort of hijack, but mrssyvo, how much do you pay for your booth? Do you pay weekly or monthly?

I only paid $100 for the entire season (1st Saturday in June until the last Saturday in October) That is only $5 a week!!!!!! I have paid $400 for a bridal expo for 3 hours !

mrssyvo said:
I only paid $100 for the entire season (1st Saturday in June until the last Saturday in October) That is only $5 a week!!!!!! I have paid $400 for a bridal expo for 3 hours !

Wow, that is awesome! What happen's if you have other plans one of those Saturday's do you just not show up or do you let them know in advance?

mrssyvo said:
I am amazed by what The Farmer's Market has done for my business. I moved to the area in March, started the Farmer's Market 1st of June, and it has been incredible. An extra $1000 in sales a month, tons of new contacts and referrals, etc. Besides that, it is FUN!!!!!!

For those of you who do Farmer's Markets...do you sell from the catalog or do cash & carry?

I'm doing a local one in October and supposedly it's supposed to be really big. I was thinking of having all the spices for sale. I was going to send in my own show for spices. Do you think it's too big of a risk? Or do you think they will sale?

It's a fall festival.

I think that a spice show would be a good idea, but I would also have some of the favorite handy if you're doing cash n carry. I would think some Season's Best, Food Choppers, etc.

1. What types of food can I find at my local farmers market?

At your local farmers market, you can find a wide variety of fresh, locally grown produce such as fruits, vegetables, herbs, and grains. You can also find locally raised meats, poultry, and eggs, as well as artisanal breads, cheeses, and jams.

2. Are the products at the farmers market organic?

Not all products at the farmers market are certified organic. However, many farmers use organic and sustainable farming practices, even if they are not certified. It's always best to ask the farmer directly about their growing methods.

3. How do I know if the produce at the farmers market is in season?

Farmers markets typically offer produce that is in season, meaning it is at the peak of freshness and flavor. You can also ask the farmer or check online for a seasonal produce guide in your area.

4. Can I use my SNAP/EBT benefits at the farmers market?

Many farmers markets now accept SNAP/EBT benefits, making it easier for low-income individuals and families to access fresh, healthy food. Check with your local market to see if they accept these benefits and if they offer any matching programs.

5. How can I support my local farmers at the farmers market?

One of the best ways to support your local farmers at the farmers market is to buy directly from them. This ensures that they receive the full profit from their products. You can also ask the farmer about their growing practices and show appreciation for their hard work. Another way to support local farmers is to spread the word and encourage others to shop at the farmers market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • ChefEileen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • esavvymom