• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I make for a traditional demo without an oven or stove?

In summary, the hosts want a traditional demo for their show next month, but are already planning the Cran-Raspberry Fizz drink. They are also doing a show with a portable electric burner, and there are other ideas out there. My brain is not functioning too well this morning, so that is all that comes to mind at the moment. Some of the hot dips work well in a microwave, Clubhouse chicken squares would work, if you took the crust pre-baked, as would any of the dessert pizzas or cool veggie pizza.
angmillar
I'm doing a show next month in a MPS (multi-purpose room) with no oven or stove to use. The hosts want a traditional demo, and we're already planning the Cran-Raspberry Fizz drink. Any ideas???

BTW, there is a microwave I can use! =)

Last night I did the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle (we went with Strawberry) and all you need is a microwave for that recipe.

I am assuming that they have a refrigerator?

I also cooked a whole chicken to demo the Deep Dish baker. You could also do the pork tenderlion and make sandwiches with it.

There are other ideas out there, I am sure. My brain is not functioning too well this morning :yuck: and that is all that comes to mind at a moment's notice!!!

Some of the hot dips work well in a microwave - hot pizza dip, crab rangoon dip, etc.
Clubhouse chicken squares would work, if you took the crust pre-baked, as would any of the dessert pizzas or cool veggie pizza.

chefann said:
Some of the hot dips work well in a microwave - hot pizza dip, crab rangoon dip, etc.
Clubhouse chicken squares would work, if you took the crust pre-baked, as would any of the dessert pizzas or cool veggie pizza.

Duh... I didn't even think of pre-baking...

Thanks so much!! That opens up a world of possibilities!

If you have one of those portable electric burners, you can make something that only uses a skillet, like the Asian Pork and Noddle skillet.

Go to Walmart or Walgreens and get a $12 burner.

A holiday recipe that will curl their toes... Came from Feraile Yan - very very funny lady. She owned a chocolate shop before PC. Background about ganache is mine. Use it to make a dip for berries/marshmallows/pretzels...

Simple Chocolate Ganache
[Ganache is a French term referring to a smooth mixture of chopped chocolate and heavy cream. (The origins of ganache are debatable but it is believed to have been invented around 1850. To make ganache hot cream is poured over chopped chocolate and the mixture is stirred until velvety smooth. The proportions of chocolate to cream can vary depending on its use, but the basic form is equal weights of chocolate and cream. Dark, milk, or white chocolate can be used to make ganache and different flavorings can be added such as liqueurs and extracts. Butter, oil, or corn syrup can also be added when a dark shiny glaze is desired. As a general guideline for making ganache… to make a glaze or coating: 1 part cream to 3 parts chocolate. To make a truffle filling: 1 part cream to 2 parts chocolate. To make a light filling: 1 part cream to 1 part chocolate.)]

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 – 12oz. bag chocolate* chips

1. Boil the cream until it starts to froth-up; careful to not let it spill over!
2. Remove from heat, and stir in 12-oz bag of chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and glossy. Be careful to not let any water in the chocolate, or it can clump. Do not heat the chocolate before (you are actually tempering the chocolate as you stir the solid pieces into the melted mixture).
3. THREE OPTIONS NOW:
a. FROSTING…Hot or Warm, it is a fantastic, easy to spread frosting.
i. Brownies?
ii. Decadent cookies?
iii. Cakes!
b. FRUIT DIP / CHOCOLATE FONDUE… Just above Room Temperature, it is a luscious Fruit Dip / Chocolate Fondue!
c. CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE… Cold, it is a scoop-able inside for a chocolate** truffle!
(Truffles are just small balls of chocolate that can be rolled into cocoa powder, powdered sugar or toasted chopped nuts. You can use your hands to form the truffles, or else a melon baller or small spoon. Make sure the chocolate ganache is well chilled before forming into balls. Truffles can be refrigerated for a couple of weeks or else frozen for a couple of months. They are delicious and a great way to use "leftovers".)
i. Scoop by small spoon fulls onto Baking Parchment/waxed paper spread on a Bar Pan.
ii. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes – careful to not let water drip onto Ganache.
iii. CHOCOLATE COATING…Melt chocolate chips very slowly with a small amount of vegetable oil
1. ¾ cup chips and ½ teaspoon oil in a double boiler… or
2. ¾ cup chips and ½ teaspoon oil in a plastic zipper freezer bag in the microwave on 22 seconds, mush together, 22 seconds, mush, then 11 seconds…etc until all is same consistency and just warm to touch.
iv. Dip your Ganache balls in the melted chocolate, remove onto waxed paper.
v. Refrigerate until cool.
vi. Roll in cocoa powder / chopped nuts / grated chocolate / colored sprinkles / colored sugar
OPTIONS:
* - use peanut butter chips, or swirled chips, or other ones you see around holiday times!
** - you can add 1 tablespoon of any liqueur to flavor your truffle inside! Crème de Menthe? Kaluha? Bailey’s? Grand Manier Orange? Chambourd Raspberry? Or ½ teaspoon freeze-dried coffee as it is cooling?

Yum. I became the hit booth at two multi-vendor events when I did this with strawberries to dip. I serve also a couple cubes of angel food cake and a couple marshmallows. If you have any other small fruit, grapes, mandarin oranges, pineapple, you could offer that too. Enjoy!

Caramel Apple Bread Pudding from last Fall's Season's best rocks! It is in the Deep Covered Baker - I think it was a theme show recipe too. Hope that helps!

Related to What can I make for a traditional demo without an oven or stove?

1. Can you recommend a good knife set for a beginner cook?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Essential Set is a great option for beginner cooks. It includes a chef's knife, paring knife, and serrated bread knife, all made with high-quality stainless steel.

2. What is the best kitchen gadget for chopping vegetables quickly?

The Pampered Chef Food Chopper is a popular choice for quickly and easily chopping vegetables. It has a sharp stainless steel blade and a large capacity bowl for efficient chopping.

3. I'm looking for a versatile kitchen tool, any suggestions?

The Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop is a versatile tool that can be used for mashing, mixing, and breaking up ground meat. It's also great for making egg salad and guacamole.

4. Can you recommend a good non-stick skillet?

The Pampered Chef Non-Stick Skillet is a durable and high-quality option for cooking a variety of foods without worrying about sticking. It's also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. What is the best way to cook bacon without making a mess?

The Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan is a great option for cooking bacon in the oven. Its non-stick surface and rimmed edges help contain any grease and make for easy clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sodapple09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sodapple09
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg