• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Favorite App Recipes?

In summary, The conversation is about food ideas for a kids' birthday party. Suggestions include a peanut butter fruit dip, cocktail sausages wrapped in crescent rolls, a country fair theme with hamburgers and hot dogs, a peanut butter and jelly bar, and corn dog bites. There is also a brief discussion about Longaberger baskets.
irishtwinsmommy
I'm having my kids birthday party this weekend and I'm looking for easy app recipes to make! I have a few but I'm looking for your favorites!!

Thanks!!

appitizers?

yes, appetizers, sorry!

Ohhh - okay, I'm a little slow (blame it on the rain!)

For kids - it depends on how healthy you want to be! My 2 yr old loves fruit with dip....mix equal parts peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and maple syrup (also called Amish Peanut Butter) and use it to dip apples, graham crackers, and pretzels.

He also loves the little ****tail sausages wrapped in crescent rolls.....dipped in ketchup. (what can I say - he's 2!)

His birthday is in June, and he has been to a couple b-day parties, so now all he can talk about is his own party...I guess we're having one! He is totally into John Deere tractors right now, and we have discovered we can get invites, streamers, tableware, etc...for a JD party...so I think we are going to do a "Country Fair" theme in the backyard and do hamburgers and hotdogs, with cotton candy and popcorn...nothing too healthy!

for the adults or kids?
I do mini cheeseballs (scoop with mini scoop) platter of assorted crackers
veggie trays ~ dill dip or chipolte
cheese cubes with a pretzel stick stuck in it with a gourmet mustard for dipping
my favorite PC recipe asparagus wraps
if you are serving the adults I like to take the MMP and bake mini brie puffs chunks of brie wrapped in a piece of a crescent roll.
The texas caviar recipe I posted on here a few weeks ago with tortilla chips
Knorr spinach dip
ok, I'm hungry. Haven't had an appetite since the weekend. We lost a very dear friend to Legionarre's disease and Non Hodgkins Lymphoma . He had just turned 47 leaves behind a 14 & 10 year old.

I got this idea when I went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, and we did it with a group of kid last week. It was a hit. A Peanut Butter and Jelly Bar. They could choose what they wanted on thier sandwich. We had PB&J marshmellow cream, raisins, chocolate chips and banana slices. Then they used the cut & seal.

ChefBeckyD said:
His birthday is in June, and he has been to a couple b-day parties, so now all he can talk about is his own party...I guess we're having one! He is totally into John Deere tractors right now, and we have discovered we can get invites, streamers, tableware, etc...for a JD party...so I think we are going to do a "Country Fair" theme in the backyard and do hamburgers and hotdogs, with cotton candy and popcorn...nothing too healthy!
Brief hijack:
Becky, have you seen the John Deere basket Longaberger currently has?
End hijack.

Appetizers for kids...
How about Corn Dog Bites. Mix up a corn muffin mix and put a small scoop of the batter into each cup of the mini muffin pan. Then push a small piece of hot dog into each cup. Bake as usual.

chefann said:
Brief hijack:
End hijack.

Appetizers for kids...
How about Corn Dog Bites. Mix up a corn muffin mix and put a small scoop of the batter into each cup of the mini muffin pan. Then push a small piece of hot dog into each cup. Bake as usual.

Would you believe that I hve never even seen anything from Longaberger? Never met a Longerberger rep? I think Dutch people are too "frugal" (the word used in these parts for cheap!) for Longaberger!

I LOVE the idea of the corn dog bites! my DS would go nuts for those!

ChefBeckyD said:
I LOVE the idea of the corn dog bites! my DS would go nuts for those!
They're nice because they're small so you don't have wasted food and you don't have to worry about kids choking on sticks.

chefann said:
Brief hijack:
End hijack.

Appetizers for kids...

What an adorable idea. I'll do it this weekend, but not for an kid. Kevin will love this...lolololololol

Becky, Consider yourself very very lucky
Once you get bitten by the bug there is no cure!!
in April buy the basket and get a liner for a penny Great deal!!

Jilleysue said:
What an adorable idea. I'll do it this weekend, but not for an kid. Kevin will love this...lolololololol

My DH will gobble them up too JilleySue!

A Corndog Hijack: IF you ever make it to Grand Haven, MI for a trip (maybe Coastguard Festival in Jul/Aug?) you have to go to a little booth on the waterfront called "Pronto Pups". the best Corn Dogs ever! The line is ALWAYS a mile long. My DS first corn dog was there....after the corn dog, we took him to the other end of the pier for ice-cream.....and then the corn dog and the ice cream ended up all over the sidewalk!:eek:

Teresa Lynn said:
I counted once. I have about 25 (probably a couple more) in my house, all purchased within a 2 year period. I've been good and haven't bought any in 2 years - I've been saving my money for my kitchen redo. DH hates them. And if he knew how much I've spent, he'd blow a gasket.

The Medium Market Basket is perfect for carrying catalogs to shows.

I have a good friend that is obsessed with their baskets. I personally think it is CRAZY to spend that much on a basket. Grant it , they are nice, but $175.00 for a basket!!! Yikes. Too frugal here. I get my baskets at Target. lol.

Whoops! Sorry for yet another hijack.

luvs2sellit said:
Whoops! Sorry for yet another hijack.
It's my bad, not yours.

Sorry everyone! You can have your thread back!

Appetizers for kids - ideas?

Cucumber/carrot sliced things (sorry, no clue what they are called)
Fruit kebobs are always a hit
Mini burgers and hot dogs. For the buns, use refrig dinner rolls and cut them in half. very cute. Kids LOVE them...grown ups too...
What about some mini grilled cheese sandwiches...they like anything small!!
My kids are not "dippers", condiment free actually, but I have a really Yummy fruit dip:
1 pkg van inst pudding
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup milk
1 cup conf sugar
1 small tub cool whip
Mix all and chill... this makes a ton...also nice for a pie filling. For a choc version, use the microplane and shave some chocolate and mix in. I divide the mixture and make 1/2 van, 1/2 choc.
Enjoy and good luck!!!!

Teresa Lynn said:

Uh oh. I don't own any Longaberger baskets, but I'm hosting a show in April with the basker and liner sale!

irishtwinsmommy said:
I'm having my kids birthday party this weekend and I'm looking for easy app recipes to make! I have a few but I'm looking for your favorites!!

Thanks!!

For kids, do you have the Let's Eat cookbook?? There are some really cute recipes in there.

How about various types of sandwiches made with the cut-n-seal?

AS for adults, did anyone mention the Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip?
Or the Mexican Bean Dip? Both are easy to make and people LOVE them!!

what is your party theme? My brain only works on a theme base!!

heather

What about the idea of the chocolate fondue with marshmallows melted on the ends of graham crackers for dippers? (I got that from some thread on here that probably states this much better than I do, as I am exhausted!) :)

yes mine have all been purchased within the last 3 years and I have joined the collectors club as well my husband kept insisting. it would cost him more $$$)
I have the huge trash can with lid (I think its discontinued now) and whenever this one friend comes over she takes it to my laundry room during a party so it doesn't get dirty!! My DS counted the other day when he was eating breakfast 48 baskets in the kitchen , they forbid them in our camper or in the boys room.
Fortunately this last catalog only had 2 baskets I really liked so I will probably not order until the next launch.

Teresa Lynn said:
yes mine have all been purchased within the last 3 years and I have joined the collectors club as well my husband kept insisting. it would cost him more $$$)
I have the huge trash can with lid (I think its discontinued now) and whenever this one friend comes over she takes it to my laundry room during a party so it doesn't get dirty!! My DS counted the other day when he was eating breakfast 48 baskets in the kitchen , they forbid them in our camper or in the boys room.
Fortunately this last catalog only had 2 baskets I really liked so I will probably not order until the next launch.

What in the world do you do with 48 baskets???

These are great ideas for kids birthday party food. My DS birthday is in May and he wants to do a Star Wars party. I have heard there is a Star Wars Cookbook and I need to see one of these. Anyone seen it or know where to get it??

When I started collecting it was the smaller ones. My middle son was about 13 and he made me a hanging rack (like an old fashioned herb drying rack) with french rolling pins on the end and oak spindles. It hangs above my microwave with fake berry vines on it and I tie the smaller ones with twine and hang a few of my grandma's handmade doilies over the edge.
Others hold veggies, paper plates, trash bags, popcorn, snacks, napkins, sugar packets, dry mix packets, the beverage tote holds solo cups, and we have the cookie jar for little Debbie's I never make homemmade cookies :(

I had to buy a hutch last summer to showcase them and they have family antiques scattered around them and old utensils in them.
Some are empty but most I try to use. It really is a bad habit. Luckily, it seems they are getting more into their pottery & jewelry line and fewer baskets!!

This is pretty easy if you have the cut n seal.... you know all kids love pizza! HTH, Erica

Petite Pizza Puffs

Ingredients:
12 slices pepperoni, chopped
1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons pizza sauce
1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms and pizza sauce.

2. Roll out pizza dough to 11 x 15-inch rectangle, using Baker's Roller™. Cut 12 circles in dough using Cut-N-Seal™.

Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart

Garden Dip

Pizza Dip

Hot Artichoke Dip

Teresa Lynn said:
When I started collecting it was the smaller ones. My middle son was about 13 and he made me a hanging rack (like an old fashioned herb drying rack) with french rolling pins on the end and oak spindles. It hangs above my microwave with fake berry vines on it and I tie the smaller ones with twine and hang a few of my grandma's handmade doilies over the edge.
Others hold veggies, paper plates, trash bags, popcorn, snacks, napkins, sugar packets, dry mix packets, the beverage tote holds solo cups, and we have the cookie jar for little Debbie's I never make homemmade cookies :(

I had to buy a hutch last summer to showcase them and they have family antiques scattered around them and old utensils in them.
Some are empty but most I try to use. It really is a bad habit. Luckily, it seems they are getting more into their pottery & jewelry line and fewer baskets!!

I guess I'm gonna have to check out their website....if only for the John Deere Basket....(which is what started this hijack in the first place!:D )

did you look? HUH didjya??
did you request a catalog??? Tee hee

Teresa Lynn said:
did you look? HUH didjya??
did you request a catalog??? Tee hee

I couldn't find the JD Basket??? OR any prices?

The JD may have been a monthly special. Sorry. My consultant has been sending me catalogs and flyers, and sometimes I only glance through them without reading dates closely.

yes, I think it was brought back last month as a special
there is a reason for no prices HA!!

1. What are some easy app recipes for a kids' birthday party?

Some of our favorite app recipes for a kids' birthday party include mini pizza bites, fruit kabobs, veggie pinwheels, and bite-sized mac and cheese cups. These are all simple to make and kid-friendly!

2. Do you have any recommendations for app recipes that can be made ahead of time?

Yes, there are several app recipes that can be made ahead of time to save you time and stress on the day of the party. Some options include spinach and feta mini quiches, chicken salad cups, and stuffed mushrooms.

3. Are there any healthy app recipes that kids will enjoy?

Absolutely! You can try making cucumber and hummus bites, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, or avocado toast bites. These are all delicious and nutritious options that kids will love.

4. What are some crowd-pleasing app recipes that are easy to make?

If you're looking for app recipes that will please both kids and adults, consider making loaded potato skins, buffalo chicken dip, or bacon-wrapped dates. These are all simple to prepare and are sure to be a hit at any party.

5. Can you recommend any allergy-friendly app recipes?

Yes, we have several allergy-friendly app recipes that are perfect for a kids' birthday party. Some options include gluten-free mini quiches, dairy-free veggie pinwheels, and nut-free fruit and cheese skewers. Just be sure to check with your guests about any allergies before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • EMarth123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies