• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your best and worst direct sales blunders?

More bookings, recruits, and ultimately success in their business. Pampered Val and I are planning a cluster meeting this month where we will be executing most of the plans since the directors are away in Atlantis. This is a great opportunity for us future directors to experience what it's like to plan a meeting. Our plans include a skit at the end on how NOT to/How TO take an order. I will be playing the "Not To" character and I would love to add some humor to the skit. Any ideas are welcome. We all have made mistakes when we first started out, so it would be great to hear about some of your blunders. We are also trying out a new demo format where we will be doing a Mime
mrssyvo
Pampered Val and I are planning (and executing) most of our cluster meeting this month, since the directors went to Atlantis, we helped share the load. It was a great chance for us future directors to see what it is like to plan a meeting. Anyway, we have several things planned that should mix things up a bit. At the end of the meeting, we are doing a skit, on how NOT to/ How TO take an order. I am the "Not To", and I would like to impart a bit of humor in it as well. I am open to all ideas. I am sure when we started out, we did some things that were really not condusive to getting more bookings, recruits, and so I woudl love to hear all of your blunders. We are also doing our demo a bit differently. We are doing a Mime- we do the demo, and the consultants pop up, and say what we should be saying about the products, booking and recruiting lines. It should be a lot of fun.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

One of my consultants used this to "get" bookings when she first started out: You owe me.:eek:

How about "you wouldn't want to do a show would you?" or slience (not asking at all).

What about just adding up the order, tell the total, collect payment and say thanks. Don't make any small talk or do any schmoozing, don't extend any invitations then call the next person over while the guest that just paid is sitting there looking confused!

Skye, That is along the lines I was thinking. Or perhaps just chit-chatting about nothing in particular.

How about saying "Is that all you're getting? Boy are you cheap."

Sorry, Skye's post made me think of that.

Yep- no cross-selling, no asking if they got everything on their wish list, no "When would you like to have your show?" no round-up. (Or DO round up without having explained it and have the "guest" get mad.)

Beth, That is priceless- I think I will include that, also. You guys have a lot of great ideas. I think I also will be yelling to people in another room, and eating at my computer, really messy- Just for effect!!!

Or be talking on your cell phone to someone else.

chefann said:
Or be talking on your cell phone to someone else.
Chew gum during the demo.

[ANN: And here!]

I had a consultant (yes, this really happened) get to the end of the show and ask if I had a calculator because she forgot her. I didn't and her response was, "I'm really crappy at math... I guess I'll just have to hope I add good today... I'm sure it will all balance in the end."
For my own sanity, I decided to add the totals since I'm not "crappy" with math!

Say, "Oh, you ordered the cookware? Don't you think it's SOOOO expensive? What do you think about all that stuff on the news about nonstick cookware being poisonous?" "I see you ordered the Forged Santoku Knife, wouldn't you like to save $54 and just get the Color Coated one?" Instead of cross-selling or upselling, try downselling!

Have the "customer" ask about hosting a show, and then respond with, "I don't know, I'm really busy, and hauling all this stuff around is such a pain in the butt"

Get someone to ask about the opportunity and then say, "Oh, I'm the only consultant in this town, I don't think there's room for another!"

This sounds fun! I can't wait to hear how it works out! Maybe be stuffing your face while you add up your orders and get food-fingerprints on their receipts!

Get someone to ask about the opportunity and then say, "Oh, I'm the only consultant in this town, I don't think there's room for another!"

ROTFLMAO!!!!:D :D :D :D

Now that is funny..... Becuase most leads really do want to know who they are up against in their own town....

mrssyvo said:
Pampered Val and I are planning (and executing) most of our cluster meeting this month, since the directors went to Atlantis, we helped share the load. It was a great chance for us future directors to see what it is like to plan a meeting. Anyway, we have several things planned that should mix things up a bit. At the end of the meeting, we are doing a skit, on how NOT to/ How TO take an order. I am the "Not To", and I would like to impart a bit of humor in it as well. I am open to all ideas. I am sure when we started out, we did some things that were really not condusive to getting more bookings, recruits, and so I woudl love to hear all of your blunders. We are also doing our demo a bit differently. We are doing a Mime- we do the demo, and the consultants pop up, and say what we should be saying about the products, booking and recruiting lines. It should be a lot of fun.

So... how did this go?????

Well, we never got around to doing it... It was supposed to be at the end of the meeting and we were really looking forward to it. Sue was going to be the "bad" consultant and was going to give me all the worst stuff as the customer.

Turned out the meeting was just the two of us, the two directors and the other 5 people were all newbies!! Not one of the other regular consultants could make it so we had to change up a few things since at least 3 of the five hadn't even sent in for their kits yet! It was very bizarre. At least one of them was Sue's new recruit - the others belonged to the directors. The women were so cool though and all so different - it really got me excited that there are tons of great people out there that could really get a lot out of having a PC business - now I just need to find some myself!!

We'll try to do it again at another meeting and we'll let you know how it goes...

THis is a fun idea. Our meetings are normally boring thats one reason why I haven't been going. The meeting usally covers what I already now or have read on CC.

Too bad you're so far away. Our meetings are always fun. We have a great director. Plus, my clustermates and I make sure things never get too dull.

Rae, nothing with you involved could ever be dull. :)

I do my best.

raebates said:
Too bad you're so far away. Our meetings are always fun. We have a great director. Plus, my clustermates and I make sure things never get too dull.

What do your meetings have that makes them fun? When I have attended my directors they remind me of a classroom lecture

My upline and two of her directors - mine being one of them - have meetings together, which makes for a much larger group. When the meeting starts, we pass out noise makers (clappers, tamborines, etc.). Then when we do recognition, we use them instead of clapping - much more lively. My upline also has a BIG tub of various candy - bite size kinds - and tosses a piece to each person that contributes something of value to whatever we are talking about. Then at the end of the meeting, whoever has the most candy gets to pick a prize out of the goodie box. We do a lot of stuff where we break into groups to brainstorm ideas for things, so it keeps people moving as well. Keeps everyone from falling asleep.

katie0128 said:
My upline and two of her directors - mine being one of them - have meetings together, which makes for a much larger group. When the meeting starts, we pass out noise makers (clappers, tamborines, etc.). Then when we do recognition, we use them instead of clapping - much more lively. My upline also has a BIG tub of various candy - bite size kinds - and tosses a piece to each person that contributes something of value to whatever we are talking about. Then at the end of the meeting, whoever has the most candy gets to pick a prize out of the goodie box. We do a lot of stuff where we break into groups to brainstorm ideas for things, so it keeps people moving as well. Keeps everyone from falling asleep.

Do wrappers count? I'm not good at just holding onto candy!!:D :D

But that does sound very interactive and fun! What is in your goodie box?

Yes, wrappers count!

The goodie box is filled with older stuff that they are not using any longer - postcards, stickers, pins, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot the newest addition they made. If you bring a friend, either new recruit or possible recruit, you get to pick a gift card for either Panera or Starbucks (either $15 or $20... don't know... haven't gotten one yet). Since they started this, we usually have at least 2 or 3 new people at meetings. The consultant that brought them has to stand up and introduce their friend and why they came... we don't make the new person do it so they aren't put on the spot.

katie0128 said:
Oh, I almost forgot the newest addition they made. If you bring a friend, either new recruit or possible recruit, you get to pick a gift card for either Panera or Starbucks (either $15 or $20... don't know... haven't gotten one yet). Since they started this, we usually have at least 2 or 3 new people at meetings. The consultant that brought them has to stand up and introduce their friend and why they came... we don't make the new person do it so they aren't put on the spot.

Now, that would motivate me just as much if not more than a PC product! LOVE Panera! :p AND normally, if the guest comes the meeting they end up signing! Especially if they see awesome prizes/rewards/gifts like that!! BUT I'm surprised that the new recruits count towards that since they would be expected to attend.

amy07 said:
Now, that would motivate me just as much if not more than a PC product! LOVE Panera! :p AND normally, if the guest comes the meeting they end up signing! Especially if they see awesome prizes/rewards/gifts like that!! BUT I'm surprised that the new recruits count towards that since they would be expected to attend.
Many new recruits think that meetings are optional, so letting them "count" for their first month gets them hooked on the meeting. Sometimes, too, a new recruit wasn't a prospect at the time of the previous meeting, so this way the recruiter still gets to benefit at the meeting.

Yep... what Ann said... We were getting really low attendance (like 4 or 5) people at the meetings, but since the directors started this, we have been averaging about 15 or so! Much more fun and lively.

What is "Here Is Something Fun....."?

"Here Is Something Fun....." is a line of products offered by Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep more enjoyable and efficient.

What types of products are included in the "Here Is Something Fun....." line?

The "Here Is Something Fun....." line includes a variety of tools and gadgets for the kitchen, such as spiralizers, herb strippers, and citrus juicers.

Are these products only for experienced cooks?

No, the "Here Is Something Fun....." line is designed for cooks of all levels. These products are user-friendly and can be used by anyone looking to make cooking more fun and convenient.

Can I purchase "Here Is Something Fun....." products outside of a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, "Here Is Something Fun....." products can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant at a party, through the Pampered Chef website, or through a consultant's personal website.

Do "Here Is Something Fun....." products come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including those in the "Here Is Something Fun....." line, come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ClemsonTigerChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • chefjeanine