• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Doing for Your Hwc Shows?

In summary, the conversation involved discussing various promotional activities for the HWC shows, including offering prizes and giving out breast cancer information. There was also mention of doing a table at Curves and reaching out to a local cancer resource center. The idea of submitting a press release to local newspapers was also brought up, with the potential for it to bring in new business.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have a couple of great recipes that were shared! What other things are you doing for your HWC shows? I'm also interested in other recipes, too.

I always bring the pink strawberry cheesecake microwave cake to all my May shows. I also give every guest one of the HWC pins at the show. I'll do some extra prizes and stuff at shows and I hand out the breast cancer information from the ACS that we can get. I'm having two contests for hosts....every host in May is entered in a drawing to win the new Quick Stir Pitcher. Then I'm also having a contest for the May host with the highest sales.....she'll win the new Executive Small Saute Pan. I'm not having as booked a May as I'm hoping, but there's still time! I'm also doing a table at a Curves and I've looked into doing something with a local cancer resource center.

Also, definitely do those press releases that you can submit to your area newspapers. I don't get a lot of response from it, but three years ago, someone saw my press release and had happened to be looking for a consultant because she wanted to do a catalog show. So, she did that and since then she's had one cooking show, two more catalog shows, a couple weeks ago she called me out of the blue with $150 in orders AND she now has a wedding invitation/favors business so she's willing to pass the word about the PC wedding registry!!! Isn't that cool? And it all started from me doing that press release. THere's a very easy form letter that you can do on consultants corner. I'd recommend it because you never know what will come out of it!:)

I saw the press release thing on CC what is it exactly? Does it cost anything to put into your local paper?

Just curious?

I e-mailed a local paper about putting in a press release and they did not charge for it...they look at it as a community service. I am trying to be optomistic about it, so we will see. I didn't put the PC one in as I had to get it to the paper earlier than they had it posted I did my own and talked about how I am doing a fundraiser and to help visit my site and gave my number too.

heat123 said:
I saw the press release thing on CC what is it exactly? Does it cost anything to put into your local paper?

Just curious?
Nope, there's no cost, but there's no guarantee that they'll put it in either. The press release on CC is good, but it's also kind of long. When I've had papers print them, they usually condense it. You can always take what you want from the CC press release and tailor it to what you want it to say. I say it's worth a shot!:D

Can someone direct me to the Press Release form letter on CC. I've been serching for it and just can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Click on the tab "Promoting Your Business" and the HWC is under the Press Release Templates.

Last edited:
I think she means Curves, the gym where women can get a 30 minute workout.

pamperedbecky said:
I always bring the pink strawberry cheesecake microwave cake to all my May shows. I also give every guest one of the HWC pins at the show. I'll do some extra prizes and stuff at shows and I hand out the breast cancer information from the ACS that we can get. I'm having two contests for hosts....every host in May is entered in a drawing to win the new Quick Stir Pitcher. Then I'm also having a contest for the May host with the highest sales.....she'll win the new Executive Small Saute Pan. I'm not having as booked a May as I'm hoping, but there's still time! I'm also doing a table at a Curves and I've looked into doing something with a local cancer resource center.

Also, definitely do those press releases that you can submit to your area newspapers. I don't get a lot of response from it, but three years ago, someone saw my press release and had happened to be looking for a consultant because she wanted to do a catalog show. So, she did that and since then she's had one cooking show, two more catalog shows, a couple weeks ago she called me out of the blue with $150 in orders AND she now has a wedding invitation/favors business so she's willing to pass the word about the PC wedding registry!!! Isn't that cool? And it all started from me doing that press release. THere's a very easy form letter that you can do on consultants corner. I'd recommend it because you never know what will come out of it!:)

I was planning on doing a table at Curves too, I was going to contact them and find out if I could. What exactly are you doing or planning on presenting at Curves?

If you don't see it you can always go to the search bar and type in "press release".

Yes - please explain. I didn't know you could setup a table a Curves. Is it like you leave catalogs/products on the table to try to get bookings or is it more like a cooking show? Are you there all day? Sounds interesting. More details please - I have a Curves in my area and would like to explore this opportunity.

As far as the table at Curves goes, I'm doing one there myself this year. Last year, my director Pampered Becky was doing a table at Curves and that's where we met. She had some of the products set up and was just taking orders for a fundraiser and doing a drawing for free things as well. I placed an order and ended up winning a free kitchen show. We did my show in late July and I signed up as a consultant in mid August. So you never know what can happen:) I'm actually a member at my Curves and Becky let me do the table there this year since I already know a lot of the people there. I'm going to post a few flyers this week and then pick a few days the first week of May to be there to take orders as well. I'm going to submit mine as a fundraiser as well with my commission tacked on to make it 25% of the sales. Hopefully that will get more people interested in ordering as well. I'm also going to do some drawings as well and hopefully get some bookings out of it. I'll keep everyone posted. Good luck girls - it's worth a shot and really doesn't hurt to ask your local Curves!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

That is so awesome! I am going to try it too in my area. I am a new rep and next month is my SS1 month. I only have one show booked so far. This may be my second! Thank you so much for sharing. This is such an awesome forum!!!

I don't usually do a demo, but I'll probably do some samples of something easy, small and light (hopefully!). I really just man the table and put up a small display. I take orders and let them know I"m gathering all orders and submitting them as a fundraiser for HWC. I'll do a small raffle for something and offer some type of booking incentive if they book in May.

If you call any of your area Curves or similar places and they're willing to let you come in and do it, ask them when their highest traffic days are. Those are the ones to shoot for. Put up flyers a week or so ahead to announce you'll be there, if the owner will let you. I usually will give the owner/manager a little something as a thank you. When I did it last year, between two different Curves I did this at, I had enough orders to submit as a show. Just be aware that sometimes with booths and things like that you may get NOTHING, but just having fun with it!! Talk up HWC and how May is a GREAT month to host shows because people are a little more willing to place orders or attend shows because there's a special cause associated with it.

Last year, I even called area health clubs, fitness centers and hospitals but didn't really get anywhere except with Curves. It's perfect to tie this into women's health. Good luck to those of you who do this! YOu never know, you may end up with an awesome recruit down the road (right, Gina?!:D ).

You're right, Becky! Success comes in many different forms.

Just curious.....Ok here is probally a silly question not really relating to the topic but what in the world is this WAVE 1 & 2 on peoples signatures? I'm very curious because I am seeing them on alot here lately. :confused:

After taking 30 mins to build up some courage to call my local Curves, I did it, and boy am I glad that I did so!!! I have a phone-a-phobia, but the owner was awesome and she said that she was looking for a PC consultant and that there were a few things that she needed herself and could she order them! I told her definitely and she was so excited that I got pegged as her PC consultant now!
WOOOOOO!
I was only able to get one day, which was the busiest day, the 15th from 8-6. I am so excited that I called EVERYONE and screetched on the phone! LOL.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Reading your post is helping me cope with my 'phone phobia'. You go girl!!!

That's a great question! The "waves" are the conferences different consultants are attending. They just kinda started to appear!

CarlyK said:
After taking 30 mins to build up some courage to call my local Curves, I did it, and boy am I glad that I did so!!! I have a phone-a-phobia, but the owner was awesome and she said that she was looking for a PC consultant and that there were a few things that she needed herself and could she order them! I told her definitely and she was so excited that I got pegged as her PC consultant now!
WOOOOOO!
I was only able to get one day, which was the busiest day, the 15th from 8-6. I am so excited that I called EVERYONE and screetched on the phone! LOL.
That's great!! Way to go. Having that positive reinforcement will be a great way to get you back on the phone to make other phone calls. It DOES get easier!:D

I think this is a great idea! I was just going to leave some order forms there, but me sitting there would really boost sales I think! Thanks for the ideas ladies!!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Can't Wait To Hear How You Do!!

Has anybody made any flyers or anything yet for posting at Curves before you are scheduled to be there? I am going to work on one tonight, because both of the Curves I am going to asked me to make some flyers so all of the ladies know that I'm going to be there!

Please share your fliers :)

It's late and I have been messing around with publisher, but this is what I came up with! I got some nice heavy cardstock @ Wal-Mart and used it (printed it on the Pastel Pink). I don't know if I like it yet though. I just could not think of the words to use.

I'm sure that I will think of something and this braind fart moment will pass, but here is the flyer I made in two different forms:

Attachments

• HWC Curves Flyer.pub
    765 KB · Views: 387
  • HWC Curves Flyer.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 466
The flyer looks awesome!!!

I'm glad that you like it. I printed it out and it looks awesome on pastel pink and white paper as well! I am making a few to hand out to the people to hang up at Curves. I am so excited about this though and I am really looking forward to it. This will be one of my first major events, so I'm hoping I can help raise lots of money for this and then get a few bookings as well!

I also can't wait to see how everyone's day at Curves turned out.

Let me know how it went!! I stopped at a all girls gym near me, not curves, but similar... gave them a May Guest Special flyer, she put it on the board... I need to stop by and see if they'd be interested in having me set up a table... sounds like you guys get good leads that way!
I think the Berries n cream wontons would be perfect for that! It is in the "It's Good for you " cookbook and it's pink!...

I would be WAVE 3... but i'm not going this year, went last year and i'll go next year!... :-( I will miss it!!

I want to know what "DH" means...something about the husband... but what is the "D"??? D'husband..?? like The Husband...??? I dunno!!??

DH = Darling Husband/Hubby, Dear Hubby, Dumb Hubby ;) You get the idea :D

thank you! I thought it was something like that... I just wasn't sure about the D... you all wouldn't call your man Dumb Hubby now would you?? hehehee!!
Hey Jodi...thanks again for the recipe! I just didn't have the Hershey's bars...so I ran to the gas station the next morning... whipped them up, and the agents looved them! I love those things! (Nutty Crescent Pastries!)

I wonder what you all are doing for your May HWC shows...not concerning recipes, but concerning games, etc... I typed up several different facts about breast cancer and about our HWC campaign... and will hand everyone one fact for them to read... is this boring?? I just know that I can't remember all the specific facts, and this gets the info right in front of them...then I'll hand out the brochure from ACS... I didn't hear anything this year about getting more from ACS... luckily I have tons left over from previous years!

Last edited:
PC infoI have had some success with doing introductions during the show like this:

Slips of paper are put in some PC product
The paper asked them to say name and how they know the host; they read some PC fact (did you know knives have lifetime guarantte? what is the guest special this month? etc.)
I asked them to pass the slips around whenever I have a low point in my show.

So, I need to look at the recipe, find a product or finish preparing something, I say, "we need an introduction" and the next person goes.

What I'm saying is that you could put your Cancer facts on the sheet of paper and have them read it at various times of the show.

Good luck (can I get a copy of you facts?)

BEE

PC infoI have had some success with doing introductions during the show like this:

Slips of paper are put in some PC product
The paper asked them to say name and how they know the host; they read some PC fact (did you know knives have lifetime guarantte? what is the guest special this month? etc.)
I asked them to pass the slips around whenever I have a low point in my show.

So, I need to look at the recipe, find a product or finish preparing something, I say, "we need an introduction" and the next person goes.

What I'm saying is that you could put your Cancer facts on the sheet of paper and have them read it at various times of the show. You could also have them tell their personal experience with cancer. Everyone has had a loved one have cancer and allowing them to express honor for them is a great way to personalize things.

Good luck (can I get a copy of you facts?)

BEE

How long did it take for you to get brochures from the ACS? I forgot to order them a few weeks ago and have a HUGE party coming up on the 6th (30+ guests). They want it really breast cancer centered..

I'm thinking about printing up some fake $1 bills... for each HWC product they purchase - $1 goes to ACS - plus I give them a fake $1 bill, with an expiration date... saying they can use this another time...
If they book a party, they get $3 - since that is how much goes to the ACS.

This would of course only be redeemable through me.
print them on pink paper so they remember that they helped whip cancer!

Chef Kearns said:
How long did it take for you to get brochures from the ACS? I forgot to order them a few weeks ago and have a HUGE party coming up on the 6th (30+ guests). They want it really breast cancer centered..

I ordered mine one Monday and I got them Wednesday.

Thanks, Carly. When I finally ordered I asked the lady and she said to expect it to take 2 weeks, but it may be sooner. I am hoping much sooner. It is good to know you got yours in 2 days.

Chef Kearns said:
Thanks, Carly. When I finally ordered I asked the lady and she said to expect it to take 2 weeks, but it may be sooner. I am hoping much sooner. It is good to know you got yours in 2 days.
No problem! They came via UPS Ground and they are in Georgia and I'm in Illinois. I think the 2 weeks was just a bit of a be prepared just in case sorta thing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • pctharper