• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Baking for Christmas?

In summary, the conversation revolves around baking for Christmas. So far, the speaker has made Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Glazed Pecans, and will be making Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, Molasses Crinkles, Butter Cookies, Magic Cookie Bars, Snickerdoodles, Spritz, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Hazelnut Crunch, Rum Balls, and possibly
Thanks, I really appreciate it!!! I can't wait to try it.

christy_c said:
Question: My brother told me last night that he is bringing a Green Tomato and Apple Pie for Christmas dinner! Anyone tried this before? I've never heard of it, and quite honestly, it doesn't sound very appealing to me. :confused:
I saw it on Food Network one time (maybe Paula Deen?). Anyhow, the name sounds nasty, but the recipe actually seemed pretty good. I never tried it though.

pamperedlinda said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: please explaine to me what you are talking about....

They are both Dutch pastries, as Becky mentioned. She had a good explanation of banket. My sister made some this year. I know a woman from my church who has already made 50 sticks out of one of those big tubs of almond paste Becky is referring to. :)

Ollie Bollen is a kind of donut hole made with currants. They are a traditional new year treat.

DebbieJ said:
They are both Dutch pastries, as Becky mentioned. She had a good explanation of banket. My sister made some this year. I know a woman from my church who has already made 50 sticks out of one of those big tubs of almond paste Becky is referring to. :)

Ollie Bollen is a kind of donut hole made with currants. They are a traditional new year treat.

It's funny I've never heard of Ollie Bollen - I'll have to ask DH if he knows what it is....he still comes up with Dutch words and expressions sometimes that have me scratching my head, and he was born right here in Grand Rapids! He'll probably know.

I believe my DH has had the green tomato and apple pie and he said you couldnt even tell it was green tomatos in it.

There's a short piece in the Women's mag that comes with the Sunday Detroit Free Press about a pair of local women who take 3 days off each December to make cookies. They try to beat the previous year's count. This year, they made 10,327 cookies.41 total hours baking (3 14-hour days)
75 pounds of flour
144 sticks of butter
35 pounds of chocolate (white, dark, semi-sweet and milk)
$500 for groceries
15 varieties of cookies
100 tins of cookies and several large plattersYikes!!

<h2>1. What are some traditional Christmas cookies?</h2><p>Some traditional Christmas cookies include Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, and Molasses Crinkles.</p><h2>2. How do I make perfect Spritz cookies?</h2><p>To make perfect Spritz cookies, make sure your dough is chilled and use a cookie press for even and consistent shapes. Also, be sure to use room temperature ingredients and follow the recipe instructions closely.</p><h2>3. Can I make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe?</h2><p>Yes, you can make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe. For example, you can use different types of nuts or dried fruits instead of dates. You can also replace the cocoa powder with shredded coconut or chopped chocolate for a different flavor.</p><h2>4. What is the secret to making Glazed Pecans?</h2><p>The secret to making Glazed Pecans is to use a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and spices for the glaze and to bake the pecans at a low temperature to prevent them from burning. Be sure to stir the pecans frequently while they are baking to evenly coat them with the glaze.</p><h2>5. How can I make my Christmas cookies more festive?</h2><p>You can make your Christmas cookies more festive by using holiday-themed cookie cutters, decorating with festive sprinkles and icing, and adding seasonal flavors like peppermint, gingerbread, or eggnog. You can also package them in festive tins or boxes for gift-giving.</p>

1. What are some traditional Christmas cookies?

Some traditional Christmas cookies include Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, and Molasses Crinkles.

2. How do I make perfect Spritz cookies?

To make perfect Spritz cookies, make sure your dough is chilled and use a cookie press for even and consistent shapes. Also, be sure to use room temperature ingredients and follow the recipe instructions closely.

3. Can I make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe. For example, you can use different types of nuts or dried fruits instead of dates. You can also replace the cocoa powder with shredded coconut or chopped chocolate for a different flavor.

4. What is the secret to making Glazed Pecans?

The secret to making Glazed Pecans is to use a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and spices for the glaze and to bake the pecans at a low temperature to prevent them from burning. Be sure to stir the pecans frequently while they are baking to evenly coat them with the glaze.

5. How can I make my Christmas cookies more festive?

You can make your Christmas cookies more festive by using holiday-themed cookie cutters, decorating with festive sprinkles and icing, and adding seasonal flavors like peppermint, gingerbread, or eggnog. You can also package them in festive tins or boxes for gift-giving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Lisa/ChefBear