• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Baking for Christmas?

In summary, the conversation revolves around baking for Christmas. So far, the speaker has made Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Glazed Pecans, and will be making Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, Molasses Crinkles, Butter Cookies, Magic Cookie Bars, Snickerdoodles, Spritz, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Hazelnut Crunch, Rum Balls, and possibly
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So far, I have done:

Russian Teacakes
Spritz Cookies (Colleen - your recipe is the BEST!)
Date Balls
White Chocolate Christmas Crunch
Glazed Pecans

Still to do:

Pecan Tassies
Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Chocolate Macaroons
Molasses Crinkles

Usually I have done stuff by now. I called my mom this weekend and got her to do Sugar Cookies, HAHA!

I need to sit down and decide and make a list.

I have not made a bunch of cookies the past few Christmases...seems like once I had Evan (2.5 yrs) I just don't have the time, or the desire to make the time.

I am going to make micro peanut brittle today and a "mock" baklava today! (here is the link for the baklava: http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=44256&WidgetTracking=RecentlyViewed )

Not exactly baking, but I have made over the top caramel apples, chocolate, caramel pretzel rods, caramel corn, sugan cookies, peanut butter cookies, and I am working on my peanut butter cups in the floral muffin pan.

I'm making cookies of some sort, a chocolate triffle (hubby's favorite) and the truffle brownie cups.

We're going to MILs for Christmas Eve and I told her I'd bring dessert - yum! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm trying the nutty caramel brownies and the mint chocolate silk torte. Otherwise, everyone else is cooking!

Butter Cookies
Magic Cookie Bars
Snickerdoodles
Spritz
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Hazelnut Crunch
Rum Balls
Pecan Tassies

...and probably one or two more that I am forgetting.
I love to bake for Christmas!

This post has inspired me! I am going to make:

Snickerdoodles
Sugar Cookies (according to DH those are Santa's favorites :p )
Russian Tea Cakes

I may try even more if I can get those done. First though, I gotta get my cards done!:D

I used to bake tons for Christmas, but this year I've only done 1 thing: fruitcake. It's aging in brandy-soaked cloths now and will be ready to eat in a few days.

In the past, my baking list included:
Triple Ginger Cookies
Cranberry Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Bars
Cashew Triangles
Caramel Corn
Fruitcake
Cream Cheese Spritz

Nothing! We leave for FL on Friday and we'll be baking some cookies with the kids at MIL's house while we're there. Thankfully she has a stone. :)

I did a ton of baking with my friend last week. We made:
Snickerdoodles
Thumbprints
Christmas wreaths
Peanut butter cereal candy
Fudge
Sugar cut-outs
Old World raspberry barss
Spritz (3 different kinds - white, mint and chocolate)
Peanut butter blossoms
Meringue kisses
Ting-a-lings
Peppermint patties
Chocolate cherry nuggets
Peanut butter filled crackers dipped in chocolate
Peanut butter cookies
Chocolate chip cookies
Almond crescents
Pecan fingers

Think I got them all. We had our big Christmas at my house this past Saturday, and we went through a LOT of cookies!

I already had a request to post a couple of my recipes. I'll post them later, after I deal with my Leadership crisis. :) (still waiting to hear on that...)

I found my fruitcake recipe online, which is good as I don't want to type it out. :) I don't do the almond paste nor the frosting. I've made it in a tube pan in the past, but usually use the stoneware loaf pan and mini loaf pan, greased with shortening but no brown paper. I get 1 large loaf and 4 small loaves from 1 batch. It's really good toasted with cream cheese spread on the slice. And it is MUCH better when it's aged for a month before eating, whether you soak the cheesecloth in liquor or not.

There's just enough batter in this to hold the fruits and nuts together.

Enjoy!

Black Fruitcake recipe
This is an English cake. It is also known as Dark Fruitcake, English Fruitcake and Merry Christmas Cake.

1/4 pound candied citron
1/8 pound candied lemon peel
1/8 pound candid orange peel
1/2 pound candied cherries
1 pound candied pineapple
1 pound golden raisins
1/2 pound seeded raisins
1/4 pound currants
1/2 cup dark rum, cognac, sherry or Madeira
1/4 pound blanched shelled pecans
1/4 pound shelled walnuts or pecans
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon mace
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
5 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon almond extract

Prepare fruits and nuts a day ahead. Sliver the citron, lemon and orange peel into very thin strips; cut cherries in half and pineapple in thin wedges. Set aside.

Pick over raisins and currants to eliminate stray stems or seeds; add rum, cognac, sherry or Madeira, and soak overnight. Chop almonds and walnuts or pecans coarsely. Set them aside, also.

The following day, grease a 10-inch tube pan, four 1-pound coffee cans, or 2 bread pans measuring 9 x 5 x 3 inches. Line with brown paper.

To make the cake, mix 1/2 cup of the sifted flour with all the fruits and nuts in a large bowl. Sift remaining flour with spices and baking soda. Cream butter until soft, then work in granulated sugar and brown sugar, a little at a time, until mixture is smooth. Stir in the eggs, milk, almond extract and flour mixture. Mix thoroughly. Pour over the fruit and nuts and work together with your hands until batter is very well mixed. Lift the batter into the pan or pans and press it down firmly to make a compact cake when cooked. Bake at 275 degrees F. A tube pan that uses all the batter will take 3 1/4 hours. The bread pans, which will each hold half the batter, will take 2 1/4 hours. The coffee cans, which each hold one-fourth of the batter, will take 2 hours. Remove cakes from oven, let stand 30 minutes, then turn out onto cake racks. Peel off the brown paper very carefully. The four small, round cakes make attractive Christmas gifts.

To age fruitcakes, allow at least four weeks. Wrap each cake in several layers of cheesecloth well soaked in rum, cognac, sherry or Madeira. Place in an airtight container, such as a large crock or kettle, and cover tightly. If cheesecloth dries out, moisten it with a little of the wine or spirits. Do not overdo it. The cakes should be firm, not soft, at the end of the aging period. This will make them easy to slice in neat, compact slices. If you wish to frost fruitcakes after they have been properly aged, cover the top first with Almond Paste, then with Milk Frosting. To decorate, make a garland of candied cherries, slivered angelica, and blanched whole almonds around the edge of the cake.

Almond Paste:
1 pound blanched almonds
1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon almond extract or
2 teaspoons rose water

Work almonds through a food grinder or blend in an electric blender. Thoroughly mix in confectioners' sugar. Beat egg whites slightly, then stir into the almond mixture. Add almond extract or rose water, using your hands to blend the heavy mixture.

Milk Frosting:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Then boil, without stirring, until a few drops tested in cold water form a soft ball. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and beat until frosting is of spreading consistency. Spread over top of cake letting it dribble down the sides. If frosting becomes too stiff to spread, melt in top of double boiler over boiling water, then beat again.

dianevill said:
I did a ton of baking with my friend last week. We made:
Snickerdoodles
Thumbprints
Christmas wreaths
Peanut butter cereal candy
Fudge
Sugar cut-outs
Old World raspberry barss
Spritz (3 different kinds - white, mint and chocolate)
Peanut butter blossoms
Meringue kisses
Ting-a-lings
Peppermint patties
Chocolate cherry nuggets
Peanut butter filled crackers dipped in chocolate
Peanut butter cookies
Chocolate chip cookies
Almond crescents
Pecan fingers

Think I got them all. We had our big Christmas at my house this past Saturday, and we went through a LOT of cookies!

Anything left????? I'm coming over to your place:D :D

I was thinking the same thing. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
......(Colleen - your recipe is the BEST!)
Post it please - or direct me to the original thread. I just bought the cookie press and I have no idea how it works. I'd like to start with a recipe that is 'supposed' to be good so I'll know if I'm doing it right!! :p

I'm making:
Gingerbread cookies
Sugar cookies
Caramel Date Pinwheels
Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
Peppermint Dreams
Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark
Peanut Butter Fudge
Pretzel Wreaths
Pepper Glazed Pecans

pamperedlinda said:
Post it please - or direct me to the original thread. I just bought the cookie press and I have no idea how it works. I'd like to start with a recipe that is 'supposed' to be good so I'll know if I'm doing it right!! :p

Aahh the cookie press, almost got a divorce the first time DH and I made cookies with it;) When you get the hang of it Linda it's great. Remember to give your cookes "time" to stick to the stone. I hold the press straight down on the stone and click then I count to ten and left the press off stone. Hope this makes sense and helps. Good luck, I really like mine now.

For my treats this year:

Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Dipped candy ginger
Chili Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Peacan Tassies
Cherry Nut shortbread
Mexican Wedding cookies
Glazed pecans

I'd make more but my hips and thighs can only take so much adding too;)

No baking here yet, maybe this weekend but here is my funny Brie story.I make the tangy pepper pecan brie and took it to my boss's Christmas party...told her it needed to be heated for 8-10 minutes at 425. So she preheats the oven...I hear the ding, go to open the oven to pop it in and there is her drain rack and metal plug/catcher in the oven melting! Luckily she keeps tin foil over her racks. Anyway, reminder to all having company over...don't hide/store stuff in your oven then preheat it with it in there for your guests. Luckily I was sympathic and the smell wasn't too bad, but she was embarrased. I'm just so glad I wasn't the one that turned the oven on!!!!

rennea said:
Anything left????? I'm coming over to your place:D :D

Come on over. Tons left - I have to hide them from myself....errr, ahhh, I mean the kids!

not too muchi had a cookie exchange at work so i got a lot of my baking done for me
I made
cherry cordial cookies(for the exchange PC cakemix cookie recipe)
peanut brittle
banana split bark
choco carmel nut puddles
and dipped pretzles
flourless pecan cookies for my gluten free friend.

I've made the
Celebration Cookies (Batter Bowl layered thing)
Tempting Toffee Crisps ("More Stoneware Sensations'' book - yummmm!)

Making tonight:
Cherry Eggnog Bread (Celebrate! cookbook)
pretzels dipped in white chocolate and Cinnamon Sprinkles

Cherry Eggnog bread?? I've never had this, betcha it good though!

pamperedlinda said:

Here is the thread with Colleen's spritz recipes - I haven't tried the chocolate ones yet - but the "best ever" one really is the best!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/i-need-cookie-press-help-29211/

Oh Janet that is funny. I hide stuff in my oven all the time. The only good thing about my oven is that since it is so old I never preheat it. It gets way to hot if I do. So luckily I won't burn anything I am not trying to cook. (Hopefully I remember this storywhen I get a new oven.)

I never (well, except once) hide anything in my oven because I know I'll turn it on. I do hide things in my microwave, like baked goods that I'm trying to "forget" are around. I did put the bar pan and mini serving spatula in my oven once when we were trying to sell our house. I had to get out fast, so I put it in the oven. Of course, I preheated the oven and smelled that funny plastic melting smell.
Oh, and I've made the pretzel wreaths, cut out cookies, chocolate cherry chip cookies, chocolate dipped cookies from SBRC years ago. All these were given to a cookie selling fundraiser.

NOTHING!! My oven blew up 1 hour before my PC brunch last week that I hosted in my home for the mom's of my daughter's preschool. It still isn't working. The repair guy came out today, but they have to order the part. I'm not sure when I'll be able to cook again. I keep forgetting that it's busted. I bought a bunch of ingredients to make cookies with the kids, but then got home and remembered about the oven!! Drat it all! Maytag! We haven't even been in our home a year and a half!! Brand new!

I had a request for the Cranberry Chip Cookies, so here it is.

Cranberry Chip Cookies
from Betty Crocker New Christmas Cookbook, 1982

1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 egg
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries (fresh, not dried)
1 cup chopped nuts (pistachos are great in this recipe, as they make the cookies red and green, and they're not an "expected" nut in a cookie)
1/2 cup vanilla milk or semisweet chocolate chips
Browned Butter Glaze (below)

Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet. Mix sugars and butter in large bowl. Stir in milk, orange juice and egg. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Carefully stir in cranberries, nuts and vanilla chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bakek 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack. Spread with Browned Butter Glaze.
About 5 1/2 dozen cookies

Browned Butter Glaze
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 to 4 tablespoons hot water

Heat butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat until golden brown; cool slightly. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat in water until smooth and of spreading consistency.
(Cooking the butter until it's golden brown gives it a complex, rich flavor that cannot be duplicated. These cookies are good plain, but the glaze makes them fabulous.)

I'm not doing a lot; just oreo truffles & cranberry crunch bark I think...
my dh works at a mechanic shop, & tons of people bring the guys in sweets; so we get enough from there!

Rum Balls - these are the youngest's favorite. Now before you all go... what the ?????, she's 28 so it's cool! Packed a bunch of these up in Pampered Chef prep bowls and mailed to AZ.

Dark Chocolate Truffles. These are INCREDIBILY easy to make and everyone thinks I am a master candy maker! Love it. This year tried something differnet. Did you all know that Dove has gone into the direct sales business with their chocolate and have this stuff called coating chocolate?? The chocolate rasberry is awesome. BTW-would never become a consultant for Dove. Way too limited market, too hard a sell.

Besides that, I am not baking much else. Have made the cranberry chutney and peppermint ice cream for gifts, but I get cookie'd out this time of year.

I have made:

Peanut Butter No Bake cookies
Christmas Cut Outs
Lemon Bars
Fudge
Cherry Bing Bars
Eggnog Spritz Cookies
Puppy Chow
Oreo Truffles
Chex Mix
Shortbread
Peanut Butter Blossoms

janetupnorth said:
No baking here yet, maybe this weekend but here is my funny Brie story.

I make the tangy pepper pecan brie and took it to my boss's Christmas party...told her it needed to be heated for 8-10 minutes at 425. So she preheats the oven...

I hear the ding, go to open the oven to pop it in and there is her drain rack and metal plug/catcher in the oven melting! Luckily she keeps tin foil over her racks. Anyway, reminder to all having company over...don't hide/store stuff in your oven then preheat it with it in there for your guests.

Luckily I was sympathic and the smell wasn't too bad, but she was embarrased. I'm just so glad I wasn't the one that turned the oven on!!!!

Even at shows I check to see if there are things in the oven.....you just never know what you will find!

Here's my list so far....Chocolate balls - type of chewy candy

Ritz Chocolate cookies - Peanut butter sandwiched between two ritz crackers and coated in chocolate

Almond Thumbprint cookies - fillings are endless - white chocolate, jams, chocolate kisses, nuts and chocolate

Sugar cookies - Cookies I made for a wedding shower favor, delicious, great cookies in different shapes and decorations

Chocolate covered pretzels - yummy

Cranberry bark - our Pc recipe with much more crispy cereal, cranberries and nuts to keep it from being too sweet

Fudge - chocolate and peanut butter - easy and delicious

Petit fours - different flavored cake covered in white, dark or milk chocolate.

So far that's all I have. But I may add some more stuff. I'll let you know.

Debbie :D

almondfarm said:
I have made:

Peanut Butter No Bake cookies
Christmas Cut Outs
Lemon Bars
Fudge
Cherry Bing Bars
Eggnog Spritz Cookies
Puppy Chow
Oreo Truffles
Chex Mix
Shortbread
Peanut Butter Blossoms

I would LOVE the recipes for the Lemon Bars and Cherry Bing Bars if you'd be so kind as to share! :D

Well, I just made:

Rice Krispy Treats with the cocoa/vanilla rice crispies, marshmellows and mini chocolate chips for DD's class tomorrow.

Cranberry Bark - chocolate version without the almonds.

I took the mini fluted pan and filled the sections half full so when cooled, it made mini wreaths. Then when I took them out I put extra dried cranberries in the center. They look cute. Would probably look cuter with regular almond bark, but the grocery store was all out today except 1 pkg. of choc. almond bark.

I wish I had time to make some banket this year. Maybe next year.But I will make DH some ollie bollen for his birthday. He's a New Year's baby. :)

Has anyone made Neiman Marcus brownies? My friend made some last year that were not chocolate but light in color and had cream cheese. Yummy! She called them Neiman Marcus Brownies. Is that the right name for them? Does anyone know?

I am making a whole batch of treats for my husband to take to work since he goes in on Christmas day and has to stay 4 days straight. You have all given me lots of good ideas. I'm sure the guys will be thanking you all for the ideas you give me too! ;)

I am making..... fudge
pumpkin cookies
thumbprints
snickerdoodles
spritz cookies
chocolate covered pretzels
pumpkin bars
chocolate coconut balls
jellied filled sugar cookies that is what I can think of right off the top of my head!!!

DebbieJ said:
I wish I had time to make some banket this year. Maybe next year.

But I will make DH some ollie bollen for his birthday. He's a New Year's baby. :)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: please explaine to me what you are talking about....

Question: My brother told me last night that he is bringing a Green Tomato and Apple Pie for Christmas dinner! Anyone tried this before? I've never heard of it, and quite honestly, it doesn't sound very appealing to me. :confused:

pamperedlinda said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: please explaine to me what you are talking about....
Don't know what ollie bollen is, but I know Banket!I live in Dutch country......Banket is a long log shaped pastry filled with an almond paste. It is wonderful. Most families in this area have an old family recipe for it, and all of the bakeries make it this time of year. In fact, in some stores in the area, you can buy the pure almond paste by the gallon! Then you add eggs, sugar, etc...to it to make the filling for the pastry.I had never even heard of Banket until I moved here to West Michigan - but now I am a true fan.....I look forward to it every year!ETA: it is pronounced bahn-ket

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for asking....Deb had me confused too!

Does anyone have a really good chocolate chip cheesecake or regular cheesecake recipe??? I need to take cheesecake for Christmas with my dad on Sunday and I have never made one before and I want it to be really GOOD. (I have a step mom who is hard to please).

hERE ARE THE RECIPES. FOR THE LEMON BARS i MAKE 1 RECIPE OF CRUST, BUT 2 RECIPES OF FILLING FOR ON TOP.
CHERRY BING BARS

1 2/3 c. sugar
Dash salt
12 marshmallows
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. evaporated milk
16 oz. cherry chips
1 tsp. vanilla

In a 2 quart square pan, mix sugar, salt, milk, marshmallows, butter. Blend over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend cherry chips and vanilla.

CHOCOLATE MIX:

12 oz. chocolate chips
1 tbsp. butter
2/3 c. peanut butter
10 oz. pkg. peanuts (no skins), chopped

In a 1 quart pan, melt chocolate chips and butter and peanut butter and chopped peanuts.

Lemon Square Bars

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter, melted

4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
5/8 cup lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar. Blend in the melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Combine the sugar, baking powder and 1/4 cup of flour so there will be no flour lumps. Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Finally, stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the prepared crust and return to the oven.
4. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until bars are set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.

nicki25 said:
Does anyone have a really good chocolate chip cheesecake or regular cheesecake recipe??? I need to take cheesecake for Christmas with my dad on Sunday and I have never made one before and I want it to be really GOOD. (I have a step mom who is hard to please).

Ooh, I have some awesome ones! Let me dig through my e-mails!

Nikki - this is TO DIE FOR!!!!
A coworker makes about 50 of these each year. I've made it a few times! THE BEST!!!! (Notes in the recipe are from the lady I got it from.)CLOCK STEAK HOUSE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
with modifications

preheat oven 350 degrees-I put saucepan of water in the oven for moisture-helps with cracking

CRUST
2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted

Mix cookie crumbs and sugar together, stir in melted butter until mixed. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 inch spring form pan. (I spray mine with pam)

FILLING
2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 3/4 cup melted chocolate chips, slightly cooled (I use 2 cups milk chocolate, 2/3 cup semi-sweet)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips (I use the rest of the bag of the semi-sweet chips) can add even more if desired

Mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Blend in eggs. Add melted chocolate chips. Add sour cream. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.

Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Makes 16 servings.

When the baking time is up-I turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake sit in the oven and cool down slowly. Around 30-45 minutes more. Take out and sit on counter until cool. Refrigerate until solid-at least 12 hours or more. Can be made ahead--and can be frozen after.

*I learned this one the hard way. Sometimes they leak/drip butter-makes smoke-sets of the fire detector. No problem. Only ours is tied into the security system=automatically calls the fire department=BIG PROBLEM. So I have learned to put a cookie sheet underneath to catch any drips and change the cookie sheet during cooking if needed.

Here is her turtle cheesecake one:TURTLE CHEESECAKE

preheat oven to 350 degrees-I put a saucepan of water in the oven also-helps with cracking

CRUST
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter

mix crumbs and sugar together, stir in melted butter until mixed. Press onto the bottom only of a 9 inch springform pan. (I spray mine with pam first) Top with shredded coconut and milk chocolate chips-your preference on quantity.

Bake crust for 10 minutes.

FILLING
5 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons flour
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Cream softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Blend in eggs one at at time on low speed until just blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour over baked crust. Top with milk chocolate chips and pecan pieces-your preference as to quantity.

Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes. At halfway point-drizzle top with butterscotch/caramel topping. I use Mrs. Richardson's brand. I have discovered that if you put the caramel on the top right away before putting it in the oven-the caramel gets overdone-really hard.

At the end of the baking time-turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven and cool down slowly-another 30-45 minutes. (another secret-take a sharp knife and run around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the rim of the pan-be careful not to get burned. It will split less as it cools if you do this.

Set on the counter until cool. Refrigerate until solid-around 12 hours.

Also it is a good idea to put a cookie sheet on the shelf underneath the cheesecake as it bakes to catch any drips. Change cookie sheet during baking if needed.

Serves 14.

<h2>1. What are some traditional Christmas cookies?</h2><p>Some traditional Christmas cookies include Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, and Molasses Crinkles.</p><h2>2. How do I make perfect Spritz cookies?</h2><p>To make perfect Spritz cookies, make sure your dough is chilled and use a cookie press for even and consistent shapes. Also, be sure to use room temperature ingredients and follow the recipe instructions closely.</p><h2>3. Can I make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe?</h2><p>Yes, you can make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe. For example, you can use different types of nuts or dried fruits instead of dates. You can also replace the cocoa powder with shredded coconut or chopped chocolate for a different flavor.</p><h2>4. What is the secret to making Glazed Pecans?</h2><p>The secret to making Glazed Pecans is to use a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and spices for the glaze and to bake the pecans at a low temperature to prevent them from burning. Be sure to stir the pecans frequently while they are baking to evenly coat them with the glaze.</p><h2>5. How can I make my Christmas cookies more festive?</h2><p>You can make your Christmas cookies more festive by using holiday-themed cookie cutters, decorating with festive sprinkles and icing, and adding seasonal flavors like peppermint, gingerbread, or eggnog. You can also package them in festive tins or boxes for gift-giving.</p>

1. What are some traditional Christmas cookies?

Some traditional Christmas cookies include Russian Teacakes, Spritz Cookies, Date Balls, White Chocolate Christmas Crunch, Pecan Tassies, Christmas Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Chocolate Macaroons, and Molasses Crinkles.

2. How do I make perfect Spritz cookies?

To make perfect Spritz cookies, make sure your dough is chilled and use a cookie press for even and consistent shapes. Also, be sure to use room temperature ingredients and follow the recipe instructions closely.

3. Can I make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the Date Balls recipe. For example, you can use different types of nuts or dried fruits instead of dates. You can also replace the cocoa powder with shredded coconut or chopped chocolate for a different flavor.

4. What is the secret to making Glazed Pecans?

The secret to making Glazed Pecans is to use a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and spices for the glaze and to bake the pecans at a low temperature to prevent them from burning. Be sure to stir the pecans frequently while they are baking to evenly coat them with the glaze.

5. How can I make my Christmas cookies more festive?

You can make your Christmas cookies more festive by using holiday-themed cookie cutters, decorating with festive sprinkles and icing, and adding seasonal flavors like peppermint, gingerbread, or eggnog. You can also package them in festive tins or boxes for gift-giving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Lisa/ChefBear