• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Changes to Director Benefits?

In summary, the promotional expense reimbursement is going away effective April. You must submit reimbursement requests by June in order to receive reimbursement. There are now only four approved vendors for professional development courses and topics, and you are limited to four courses.
tabailey
Did you all see that the promotional expense reimbursement is going away? Effective April they don't anymore. For events Jan-Mar you have to submit by June to get reimbursement.

AND it looks like for professional development you are limited to four vendors, Skillpath, Franklin Covey, CareerTrack, and National Seminars Group. And limited to specific topics. No more cooking classes !

This is in https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/career_plan_awards.pdf

Tara

I did like that they are allowing us to take web-based training.I really never do booths anyway, so this doesn't effect me at all. I know it will others, but to me it's no big loss.

My director just called me about this. It was very easy to skip over in the PC News- since they just had a link. Bummed about the booth $$. We do State Fair every year and this really helped.

bummer, I missed that! I do some booths and I like the reimbursement. I guess I'll be doing fewer booths and being more careful about where I go (will there be traffic, is it successful, etc)

I am SO bummed about the booth thing! That was a big thing I was excited about when I promoted to director in October. :(

Being new, I haven't taken advantage of the booth reimbursement but was really looking forward to it. Ah well, I guess I haven't lost anything, since I never even got to take advantage of it anyway!

Happy Chef said:
My director just called me about this. It was very easy to skip over in the PC News- since they just had a link. Bummed about the booth $$. We do State Fair every year and this really helped.

We also did two big county fairs around here that are NOT cheap, so this is a big bummer. a bunch of directors would go in together to do them.:(

Whoa, I missed that too. Thank you for posting that. Luckily I have a booth March 7-8 so I'm covered still but I do a couple fairs a year. That stinks!

I just paid for a booth for an April event and was really counting on the reimbursement. :cry:

I emailed Jean about this and she sent back a response that was very personal to what I commented on. - Gotta love this company! They DO care - She said that not that many use it and they moved the money they had allocated to booth reimbursement to other areas that they felt would benefit us more. I'm still not happy but at least she cares enough to not just give me a canned answer. I so appreciate that.

It's about growing the company and it's about growing those that want to grow. It'll "hurt" those that want to keep things as they have been and not reach out. We all have potential.

bethcooks4u said:
I just paid for a booth for an April event and was really counting on the reimbursement. :cry:

I emailed Jean about this and she sent back a response that was very personal to what I commented on. - Gotta love this company! They DO care - She said that not that many use it and they moved the money they had allocated to booth reimbursement to other areas that they felt would benefit us more. I'm still not happy but at least she cares enough to not just give me a canned answer. I so appreciate that.

It's about growing the company and it's about growing those that want to grow. It'll "hurt" those that want to keep things as they have been and not reach out. We all have potential.

Great way to think about it Beth! I was bummed at first too, then I started to think about the positive things that are happening and how I can "make up for it" in other ways, gotta focus on that positive right! LoL

Not many use it? Wow, that is surprising.

DebbieJ said:
Not many use it? Wow, that is surprising.

It's interesting to read this (and the comments made on other loops) about this change. I think we can sometimes thing that everyone does their businesses the way we do! In the entire time I've been with PC, I can count on one hand all of the booths that I have participated in! So I'm one of the ones that doesn't take advantage of that benefit. With the ones I did, I had very little success so I didn't choose to do them again.

Hopefully HO will come up with a good compromise for all who this is negatively effecting.

I've only done a few booths as well and didn't have great luck with them. I think it's my area. This perk won't really be missed by me either.

I do our fair every year. This will hurt not having this, but I think I will still do the fair. My agreement just came and is due by April 1st. The fair is the end of August.
I also didn't realize that not only Team Leaders have to do the $1250 in 3 of 4 months with 1 new recruit to get home office leads. Team Leaders and up have to. So that is new for us. Guess I better be sure to get my recruits to get my leads. Not that all leads are a positive end result, but love all the leads sent to my site that place web orders.

I LOVE that change :)
I think you should have to recruit and be consistent to get leads. I know of many Director's that only get recruits through HO Leads, so this will hopefully motivate them more. Booth reimbursement was good in theory, I forget to send them in, so while I "could" use it I unfortunately didn't :(

Ok, here in California some of us are REALLY struggling with recruiting, so for me personally this is a little scary--I'm already feeling insecure because I haven't been able to recruit very many this year--the big complaint that I am coming up against is that people don't have $155 for the kit. A lot of people here in Southern California are getting their hours cut if not getting laid off--I bet I have had 10 potential recruits walk away in the past 4 months because of the cost of the kit. I know, I know, it is what it is....But keep in mind that I have been with PC for 9 years and have recruited and qualified over 50 consultants, so it's NOT that I don't know what to do/how to do it.

Second of all, the whole thing about them reducing the director benefits and shifting $$ around is--ahem-- malarky. What more are they giving us?? Certainly not trips--they reduced the incentive of trip points. I won't go into it on this board but I had a very interesting comment (translated "run in") with one of the VP's about 3 years ago over the phone related to that whole David's Bridal Debaucle where she basically told me that PC never DID intend for all the directors to take advantage of the booth reimbursement, that if it was up to her they would do away with it, along with the professional developement (her rationale was that as "management" we should be doing that on our own anyway--to which I replied that if they were going to market and offer a perk of directorship they should probably figure that directors would actually use it and expect to be compensated for it), that people were misusing it and making up booths (yet, we had to submit a cancelled check, so when I asked her how they were making up booths and submitting cancelled checks to verify them she told me 'some directors can be very clever when they want to work the system'..hmmm). And she made a very uncomplimentary comment about the whole process. So I'm not surprised that the booth reimbursement was going away, saw that one coming. But the professional developement--seems to be they would be better serving us to give us more defined guidelines about what was reimbursable than "here, this is who we prefer you learn from"....And the recruiting thing just has me a little scared. I am trying, I really am. My team is down to 14--which is not bad, but of course I have 4 that come to meetings and two that produce every month. The rest are ho hum and no amount of motivation will move them--they are very nice, when they do come to meetings they are very complimentary, they are all just not doing the business.

Sorry just had to vent. I don't feel like they are valuing directorship at all any more, felt that way when I saw the trip points. Love the products, still like the Company, but disappointed that directorship is now "expected" and I don't think valued as much. I do a ton of booths, and I won't be changing that, but wow.....Just my $.02.

On another, but related note, can you guys clarify this part about the home office leads for me:
"Beginning April 1, the eligibility requirements for Home Office leads are as follows:
• Team Leaders through Executive Directors - must have one new recruit and $1,250 in personal commissionable sales in three of the last four months." The $1250 is a piece of cake. However, should we take this to mean that we HAVE to recruit every month to receive this benefit? When they came out with the CareerBuilder thing, they clarified that it is a rolling recruit in that period, but this sounds like one every month.

I should clarify that my concern here is that while I can AVERAGE one a month, I can rarely SIGN one a month. I invariably sign in fits and starts. I have a couple of months with no recruits, then three in a month. I just want them to spell it out like they did with CareerBuilder, and am concerned because they didn't.

ardipc said:
On another, but related note, can you guys clarify this part about the home office leads for me:
"Beginning April 1, the eligibility requirements for Home Office leads are as follows:
• Team Leaders through Executive Directors - must have one new recruit and $1,250 in personal commissionable sales in three of the last four months."

The $1250 is a piece of cake. However, should we take this to mean that we HAVE to recruit every month to receive this benefit? When they came out with the CareerBuilder thing, they clarified that it is a rolling recruit in that period, but this sounds like one every month.

The way my SED explained it to me was the $1250 in monthly sales 3 out of 4 months and 1 recruit during that same time period (1 recruit quarterly - sales are monthly).

I too am excited about the change. That doesn't mean to say that some of the changes don't terrify me! But I know looking at the bigger picture, that these changes will only make me a stronger director and I'm looking forward to that. This is month three of *R* for me and I'm hating it. The good news is that we are doing great this month.If I were a stronger director and had a stronger team, I wouldn't be facing that. The good news is that I have personally added 2 since December, one of my consultants has added 5 of her own since December and a new consultant is signing one next week to sign her first in her first 30 days. So we are rebuilding and it's great! I guess we'll all have to give it 6 months and see how it goes...

WHat Linda said. That is also how it was explained to me. While the New Career plan should have us concerned and planning on what changes will be necessary in our businesses I don't feel that 4 recruits a year is an impossible bar to set.

In 6 month's to a year this will all be business as usual and no bigger worry than the requirements that are already in place.

I kinda feel like some of the "love" is being striped from the company and it is turning more corporate. That is not to say that some changes didn't need to be made. Some of the reasons I fell in love with my business and the opportunities provided by the business are being taken away 1 by 1. I want Disney so badly!! Right now, I can honestly say that that is the reason I am still in it. Just saying that makes me sad. :(

Koolotus said:
WHat Linda said. That is also how it was explained to me. While the New Career plan should have us concerned and planning on what changes will be necessary in our businesses I don't feel that 4 recruits a year is an impossible bar to set.

In 6 month's to a year this will all be business as usual and no bigger worry than the requirements that are already in place.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said. I do think that 4 a year is certainly within reach and perfectly within expectations of those who would like to have this benefit. As written and punctuated, though, that is not what the sentence says. What raised my concern is the wording is not as clarified as it was when that is what they stated that the requirement was for the CareerBuilder leads. At that time, it felt that they very clearly stated the requirement. As stated, this time, it reads that on top of the sales requirement, we must also have a recruit a month in 3 of the 4 months preceding the one in which we would be eligible for leads. It is only that they took great care to clarify previously, and this time, have not.

My director got notice at about noon that Donna in Career Solutions verified that it is one per quarter. She did reference that it is supposed to be similar to the CareerBuilder requirements. Whew!

I had a lengthly conversation a couple of years ago with someone who is now up in the ranks at home office. She said to me that she felt that the requirements for TPC in recruiting is way too low. That we should all be recruiting more than 1 per month if we were doing our job. So when she got her new promotion I knew that we would have to be recruiting more and here we are.

They want more consultants to grow the company. Personally I feel that it makes us more and more like those other companies that are all about recruiting and forget what their mission or products are about.

I plan to keep doing what I do. I will (and do) talk more about the business opportunity than I had in the past and do more training on recruiting than I did before but I will not make my show all about recruiting (I've been to too many of that kind of shows with other companies). I will not twist arms. I will do what feels right.

I tend to get recruits in groups - 2 or 3 in the same months and then none for several months so I can see losing out - it's not 4 in a year, it's spread out - they want consistency. Well so do I, I want several recruits per month and I ask a ton of people every month but I can't force people to sign on the date I need. I recruited 3 in June and July and none since. I had surgery in September and another surgery in December. I'm lucky to be able to have kept my team going and personal sales over $1250 per month through it all but I didn't have the ability to go out and prospect for recruits in that whole time. I did have leads but not everyone will go forward and give it the try. Too bad for me.

Sorry about that tirade (and the spellling) but I'm currently in a lot of pain. I had a long busy day and a show tonight. I physically struggle with my shows in the last several months and even though the last surgery was two months ago I still can barely make it to the car after a show for the pain. Walking is very difficult and carrying my products is a real challenge. I suffer for at least a day after each show even if I rested the full day before. Right now I am trying to get to the point that I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow night I have a show with over 20 expected and I'm worried that it'll be too much having had a show tonight too (I used to do 2 in the same day).

I shouldn't complain - I just sent in a $1250 show, tonights will be over $750 and as I said tomorrow's host expects a big crowd and that's only 3 of my February shows. But when you hurt it's harder to celebrate and it's easier to whine about changes that affect the bottom line especially when those changes make me even more dependent on other peoples' decisions. And the response that we can now earn it "all" with just $115K in sales and no recruits is laughable.

{{{{{{{Beth}}}}}}}}

Hang in there. I have been there with pain after surgery. Hugs to you!

As for the new changes, and needing to recruit to get leads, I am ok with it, I thought it was one a month, one a quarter is do-able. The rest of the things they are taking away, well, it doesn't surprise me. It's no longer a big deal with this company to be a director. It's just a step on the ladder to them now. It's clear that if you aren;t an advanced director you no longer are important to them. I still love PC and will continue, but it's all a corporate numbers game now.

Beth, sorry for your physical pain, but you are doing GREAT with your shows!! I am so incredibly impressed at the way you are working SMARTER, not HARDER!!

bethcooks4u said:
Sorry about that tirade (and the spellling) but I'm currently in a lot of pain. I had a long busy day and a show tonight. I physically struggle with my shows in the last several months and even though the last surgery was two months ago I still can barely make it to the car after a show for the pain. Walking is very difficult and carrying my products is a real challenge. I suffer for at least a day after each show even if I rested the full day before. Right now I am trying to get to the point that I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow night I have a show with over 20 expected and I'm worried that it'll be too much having had a show tonight too (I used to do 2 in the same day).

I shouldn't complain - I just sent in a $1250 show, tonights will be over $750 and as I said tomorrow's host expects a big crowd and that's only 3 of my February shows. But when you hurt it's harder to celebrate and it's easier to whine about changes that affect the bottom line especially when those changes make me even more dependent on other peoples' decisions. And the response that we can now earn it "all" with just $115K in sales and no recruits is laughable.

Sorry to hear how tough it's been, Beth! That really sucks. I know a little bit how you feel. This dang surgery I've had to repair the torn ligament in my thumb a month ago has REALLY affected my business. Having a cast on my hand and up to my forearm SUCKS. I can;'t do crap with that hand. Even though I've jumped more into the interactive shows because I don't have the use of my right hand (of course I'm right-handed), I do NOT enjoy doing shows like I used to in this state. I hate asking for help from the hosts and guests (I;ve been working on trying to get over that!) and it just doesn't make my job as enjoyable and fun. I have avoided booking more shows (NOTHING FOR MARCH:bugeye:) because I'm not sure what my prognosis will be. It's put me in the biggest slump I've ever felt for my business. It kinda worries me because I was SO psyched for DIsney and now I'm so disappointed that I probably won't earn level 3. I just have lost motivation and have gotten way to into this pity party for myself. Sure, we'll probably end up getting some settlement from the insurance company from where I slipped on the ice because they do take into account my "salary" and earnings but they can't make it possible for me to stay on track for Disney.

Anyway, sorry for my own venting and hijack, but Beth I do feel badly for you because I have a little taste of that myself. I havent even really taken into consideration how this new plan will affect my business. That's a whole other ball of stress to come, I'm sure!!

Good luck to you!! I really do feel for you.

Thanks guys. And Becky, I can empathize with you too. I can't imagine not having use of my hand. I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago and had limitations but not what you're going through.

Hang in there! You are an awesome consultant and will be better and stronger once you get past this.

My issue with the new program is that there is a much shorter time that we are allowed to have "life" affect our business. The good thing is that it's easier to get it back (if we have those recruits) and we don't lose our recruits!! That's huge!

The thing that worries me the most is that if you lose the director title any director under you passes you by so you could lose a big part of your team just by having 3 bad months - if I understand that part right, that is.

bethcooks4u said:
The thing that worries me the most is that if you lose the director title any director under you passes you by so you could lose a big part of your team just by having 3 bad months - if I understand that part right, that is.

I believe that's the same way it is now according to the director policies so that's not a new change...

DIRECTOR REPROMOTION
The repromotion program is designed to give relinquishing Directors a head start on rebuilding their Directorship. When a Director relinquishes, any Consultants and Future Directors (both personal and nonpersonal recruits)
will remain “assigned” to the relinquished Director for three months.
• If the relinquishing Director has at least two personal active recruits, she moves to the level of Future Director. Otherwise, she moves to the level
of Consultant.
• Directors or above in the first line will pass by and be permanently assigned to the upline roll-up eligible Director. Even if repromotion occurs, these Directors or above remain permanently assigned.

finley1991 said:
I believe that's the same way it is now according to the director policies so that's not a new change...

DIRECTOR REPROMOTION
The repromotion program is designed to give relinquishing Directors a head start on rebuilding their Directorship. When a Director relinquishes, any Consultants and Future Directors (both personal and nonpersonal recruits)
will remain “assigned” to the relinquished Director for three months.
• If the relinquishing Director has at least two personal active recruits, she moves to the level of Future Director. Otherwise, she moves to the level
of Consultant.
• Directors or above in the first line will pass by and be permanently assigned to the upline roll-up eligible Director. Even if repromotion occurs, these Directors or above remain permanently assigned.

Is that in the relinquishment period or the repromotion period that they pass by?

I guess I always thought that the first 3 months (relinquishment) was grace period and the next 3 months (repromotion) just required more effort on the director's part to overcome. I only had one month in 4 years that I didn't meet the requirements so I guess I didn't pay enough attention.

So I guess it's no different then it was when it comes to directors? ...but better than now because all other recruits in our downline stay with us.

Well, I don't plan on losing directorship but it's good to know the rules.

bethcooks4u said:
Is that in the relinquishment period or the repromotion period that they pass by?

It is in the reliquishment part. Currently, if we are a director and have a director in our 1st line, if we go three months (1-3 month time frame) without meeting the current requirements, we lose the director... they automatically roll up to our upline. Even if we repromote, we will not get that director back. Hope that helps!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BETH}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
:pray:Hope you feel better soon, my friend.:pray:

I too did not use the booth or the professional development (that they approve of).

I am trying to stay positive about the changes but with reading Beth, ardipc, Nanasu and Chef Kearns posts, I was relieved to find the same thoughts running through their minds.

Some of this is changing mindsets and "the way we do it now" can pop up as negative...the fear of the unknown, so to speak. So I am trying to "check" my thinking. What thoughts are reoccurring are that there is no longer the feeling to me that "we value our directors" or that directorship is the level we boost up the perks and benefits. And how I mean this is that, to me, it looks as if directorship is now just a level to achieve and not held in any higher regard than others...not as distinct as in the past. Not sure if I am conveying my feelings correctly because it is merely an observation and not a complaint.

I will soon be celebrating my 9th anniversary with PC:party: and I still do love it, however other than income the trips just kept me wanting to do more and now they seem unattainable. (this is coming from someone who is trying to work a very full time job along with growing PC) The same feeling is with attaining TPC. Beth's conversations with her now corporate PC person just confirmed feelings about the direction PC has been headed in. I find the comments Beth's friend made to be demeaning and narrow minded. Our motto states that we are to make the best of our God given talents. We are not born with a standard set of talents but PC has given us a wonderful place to develop them.

Colleen when you stated that you could be a better director...we all could state that. I try my best, but my best is probably not the standard that PC would like. It is called striking my balance. I am changing and getting my now "Future Directors" ready for more contribution to training. So I think we if we are to continue the most successful business, we are constantly re-evaluating and adjusting our business. I doubt that even if I did do PC full time that I would not be doing my business "correctly" according to the person Beth spoke of.

As well as seeing the trips and TPC less attainable, I also see that my Career title will probably be constantly changing as well as my pay check. Not a secure feeling for me.

Also I feel we are now feeling the affects of moving from a Doris Christopher founded corporation that we are now moving into an Warren Buffet corporation. I love Warren Buffet but it does seem much more of an industry than a feel good company. I really feel like I am trying to be "sold" on a concept.

Despite all of the misgivings I have written here, the one thing I am the most hopeful for is that I am wrong! I continue to love PC and still want to grow and do my best. I have to vent sometimes so if you are still reading my long winded rant...thank you for letting vent. I do feel better and it actually helps me to get positive and get on the phone!

Ann, we are so like sisters in our thinking. I have more to post, but have to head off to a fair...catch up with you later.

Koolotus said:
I LOVE that change :)
I think you should have to recruit and be consistent to get leads. I know of many Director's that only get recruits through HO Leads, so this will hopefully motivate them more. Booth reimbursement was good in theory, I forget to send them in, so while I "could" use it I unfortunately didn't :(

Your so funny, I forgot to send my in too. I think it was allthe paper work, just didn't want to do it. I new the reimbursement was there I just never used it.
My thought is I'm making the investment and I need to work at the leads to get that money back.
I do think I 'll send in the last one I just did, just to do it.:yuck:

My basic thinking is...If I want it I need to work it. If I show weakness or fear it will take over.
Sure sometimes I worry and freak out but I remind myself of why I stayed doing the buisness after my 4 shows and the girls that joined my team. It comes down to my why, I want others to feel what I feel when I'm finished with my show or paid that bill I didn't think I could pay or send my kids off to their game that PC paid for yada yada yada..
We will get though this. Anything new is scary but once you now the program and work it you laugh at what you were afraid of in the first place.
Just my simple thoughts

kisrae said:
My basic thinking is...If I want it I need to work it. If I show weakness or fear it will take over.
Sure sometimes I worry and freak out but I remind myself of why I stayed doing the buisness after my 4 shows and the girls that joined my team. It comes down to my why, I want others to feel what I feel when I'm finished with my show or paid that bill I didn't think I could pay or send my kids off to their game that PC paid for yada yada yada..
We will get though this. Anything new is scary but once you now the program and work it you laugh at what you were afraid of in the first place.
Just my simple thoughts

Simple thoughts are the best! Although I have vented more on DS than ever before, I am "letting it out" so it does not go to my team members. And I have an AWESOME upline, but I do feel that the negative feelings need to be dealt with at times and not just glazed over. It feels kind of "Stepford Wife"ish to me at times!!!

Thanks for your postive and realistic spin on things!!

Your right Ann we all need to vent from time to time, I guess I just dont need very often, my life could be so much worse, and I know that if I need it I have all your support as you do mine.
Love you all!!! Sappy kind of morning- Sorry, back to work, if I have a job. Work for the school system in Ca. Thank goodness I still have PC.

tabailey said:
Did you all see that the promotional expense reimbursement is going away? Effective April they don't anymore. For events Jan-Mar you have to submit by June to get reimbursement.

AND it looks like for professional development you are limited to four vendors, Skillpath, Franklin Covey, CareerTrack, and National Seminars Group. And limited to specific topics. No more cooking classes !

This is in https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/career_plan_awards.pdf

Tara

thanks for this info - I totally missed it!

Just registered for a class before the new changes go into effect!;)

1. What are the changes to director benefits at Pampered Chef?

Effective April, the promotional expense reimbursement for events Jan-Mar will no longer be available. You must submit your reimbursement request by June to receive reimbursement.

2. Did you all see that the promotional expense reimbursement is going away?

Yes, effective April, the promotional expense reimbursement for events Jan-Mar will no longer be available. You must submit your reimbursement request by June to receive reimbursement.

3. When do I need to submit my reimbursement request for events Jan-Mar to receive reimbursement?

You must submit your reimbursement request by June to receive reimbursement for events Jan-Mar.

4. What are the limitations on professional development vendors at Pampered Chef?

You are limited to four vendors for professional development: Skillpath, Franklin Covey, CareerTrack, and National Seminars Group. Additionally, you are limited to specific topics and cooking classes are no longer included.

5. Where can I find more information about these changes to director benefits at Pampered Chef?

You can find more information in the Career Plan Awards document.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • PhyllisRamp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • Sheila