• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Tips for Hosting a Kosher Party?

In summary, the host has a potential party guest who is an orthodox jew. The host is not sure what recipes to offer and is worried about what products to use. The host's Jewish recruit told the host that her guests would be able to eat anything she made, but that she would not be able to have any of the food. The host is looking for advice and has come to The Pampered Chef for help. The host is certified Kosher and offers this to guests. The host is looking into having the host prepare a dish Kosher for the guests. Lastly, the host is looking into how to handle the kosher
jcwarr
i have a potential host who is an orthodox jew - has anyone ever had a party in this situation. i'm not sure what recipes to offer. i know that they keep strictly kosher in their house - not even sure i could use my products.just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation? she loves to cook though and really wants a party!!!
thanks for any help!!

That's a new one for me. I would show her a few recipes that you are really comfortable with and ask if/how they could be made kosher. Either that or do a google search for kosher recipes.
Just curious - why wouldn't you be able to use your products?

Oh Tasha.....where are you???

Tasha could help you out here - but she hasn't been on the board the last couple of weeks......

Katie - Strict Kosher uses one set of tools for meats and another for dairy (or something like that - ask Tasha). They have to kasher (I think) the tools to make them Kosher...heck, don't ask me!

I would just talk to the host about it. I'm sure it is a question that has been asked before. I would guess that since she is thinking of hosting that she is probably not totally kosher, as far as tools and such. My father's wife keeps (pretty) kosher, but she doesn't have two of everything. You could always do a triffle or something, the products you would use would most likely never have been used on meat.

My first recruit is actually Jewish and keeps kosher. When I did her show all she said is that she keeps kosher and needed both colors of stones. At that point I didn't know anything about the Jewish faith. Well I emailed her thinking how am I going to do a show for this girl. She emailed me back that all her guests were going to be able to eat anything I made it was only her that was not going to be able to have any of the food. She told me that alot of Jewish people only keep kosher in thier own homes and some always. I have learned alot about her faith as she is my first and only recruit (so far). So just call and ask her a bit more.

Maybe you could just show the tools and not have your tools touch any of the food. No demo, just pass tools around for people to touch.

updatejust wanted to let you know that my great director had a wonderful idea - push the stoneware - 2 dif't glazes for keeping your kitchen kosher!!!! keep your fingers crossed that everyone will want to buy 2 of everything!! :) i haven't yet figured out food with the host - but i'll let you know when i do! thanks for all the suggestions!!

Back to the Company...

All of our Pantry products are certified Kosher! (Look on the label) This is a under-celebrated fact of The Pampered Chef... (think of the Hebrew National campaign, 'we answer to a Higher authority') I tell hosts & guests, just like Hebrew National, we answer...

Good Luck, and God Bless YoU!

This is a fascinating discussion. Years ago I was on a Cub Scout committee,
planning the Blue and Gold Banquet. Several of the Dad's were Jewish, and gave us a lesson in selecting a proper menu. They do not serve dairy products with meat products. i.e. We were having Roast Beef, and the kids were not to have milk but soda for a beverage.

How about having the Hostess prepare one recipe Kosher, and that would take care of those who wanted to "keep Kosher", and you demo the Ultimate mandoline with cucumbers, and other veggies, and ask what she would like
for a dip. It would seem that our Pasta Manderin Salad might work, and she could prepare the chicken in advance. I'm looking forward to how you do handle this one. It will be a learning experience for many of us.

See if you can have your host educate you on kosher and find out how many of her guests will be eating kosher. Then have your host prepare ahead of time the kosher version of whatever you are going to demo so you lessen the chances of having the kosher foods touched by the unkosher foods as well as the tools you used to prepare them. Whatever tools touch unkosher foods cannot touch the kosher foods. Then I would just go over the major items: stoneware, cutlery, cookware, etc.

Related to What Are Some Tips for Hosting a Kosher Party?

1. Have you ever done an in-home cooking demonstration before?

Yes, I have done numerous in-home cooking demonstrations for Pampered Chef. It is one of our most popular ways to showcase our products and provide a fun and interactive cooking experience for our customers.

2. Have you ever used the Pampered Chef Multi-Purpose Pot?

Yes, I have personally used the Pampered Chef Multi-Purpose Pot and it is one of my favorite products. It can be used for so many different cooking tasks and is durable and easy to clean.

3. Have you ever attended a Pampered Chef party?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have attended many Pampered Chef parties both as a host and a guest. They are a fun and relaxed way to learn about our products and try out new recipes.

4. Have you ever tried the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker?

Yes, I have used the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker and it is a game changer in the kitchen. It cooks food up to 70% faster than traditional methods and is perfect for busy weeknights.

5. Have you ever been to a Pampered Chef conference or training event?

Yes, I have attended Pampered Chef conferences and training events to learn more about our products and business opportunities. It was a great way to connect with other consultants and gain new insights and skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • NancyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
espinoll
Replies