• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Healthy Alternatives for Christmas Cookies?

In summary, the conversation revolves around baking cookies for the holidays, with some individuals participating in cookie exchanges and others baking for family gatherings. Some people prefer healthier alternatives while others stick to traditional recipes. The conversation also briefly touches on a promotional incentive for a business, with clarification that the points will count towards the next year's incentive.
shelliebeard
Incentive PointsIf someone promotes to Director on Jan 1st, so they qualified as a Director in December...do the 3,000 points count in 2008 or in 2007?

I have someone about to promote so we were just trying to see if this would get us off to a good start in 2008 (pretty pointless for both of us in 2007). She has signed 9 consultants total, but hasn't had 5 active and qualified at one time yet. It's bound to happen next month! :pray:

It would count in the next year's incentive.

I have many cookie dependent friends and relatives so I always bake the same 5 varieties and introduce 1 or 2 newbies each year.

Not usually.. my mom bakes enough for everyone. If I baked 'em they wouldn't last until the holidays. LOL...

This year i'm not baking them for myself/family. I am doing a cookie exchange and have to make 5 dozen. Although i'm taking the easy route I guess cause i'm not baking:p It's not even really a cookie. It's a honey oat cereal with melted marshmellows and then dipped in chocolate. The only thing that I make every year is fudge!! Yum can't wait to make it next week.

I will be baking cookies for Christmas. I usually bake 12 dozen for my dads birthday (Dec 24th) and I try to do at least 6 different kinds. I havent sat down to plot the kinds yet, but usually chocolate haystacks, molasses cookies, shortbread, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, then who knows.

I have helped grams every year since I can remember! Plus I end up doing banana and pumpkin bread loaves along with the cookies.

I usually do. I have to make 2 dozen for a cookie exchange at bunco this Friday.

I am baking about 7-8 different kinds this year. Plus I have to make, roll, cut and bake about 8 dzen for our annual cooie decorating party............

Next week is cookie week.........

I always bake Christmas Cookies and goodies. This year though, I think I'm going to try to do it from the new Cooking Light magazine i just got and see if they can tell the difference. I would love healthier alternatives! If the flavor doesn't lack but the fat and calories do, then I'm all about that!

Depends on how much time I have..I have candy molds and love to make peanut butter cups, chocolate covered cherries and suckers when I have time.

I have to make 6 dozen cookies by Sunday for a cookie exchange

Attachments

• Italian Muffuletta.doc
    28 KB · Views: 182
I make sugar cookies sometimes. I do not make cookies very often. I prefer to call my mom and get her to make them and go up there right when they are coming out of the oven.

I make more finger foods and snacks than cookies.

Low carb lifestyle here, no Christmas cookies.

MissChef said:
I always bake Christmas Cookies and goodies. This year though, I think I'm going to try to do it from the new Cooking Light magazine i just got and see if they can tell the difference. I would love healthier alternatives! If the flavor doesn't lack but the fat and calories do, then I'm all about that!
I just made some chocolate cherry almond cookies from Health magazine Dec. '07. We left out the almonds because older DS doesn't like them. There's an entire article with about 4 or 5 recipes. Use Bittersweet chocolate bar and dried cherries. Not as soft as I'd like them to be but good flavor.
I also have made cut outs and frosted them with the kids, and candy cane cookies with peppermint flavor. Very tedious twisting of pink and white dough. Still going to make a peppermint bark and peanut brittle.

What ingredients are needed to make Christmas cookies?

To make Christmas cookies, you will need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and any additional flavorings or mix-ins of your choice. You may also need baking powder, baking soda, and salt depending on the recipe.

What tools or equipment do I need to make Christmas cookies?

To make Christmas cookies, you will need basic kitchen tools such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a spatula, and a rolling pin. You may also need cookie cutters, a baking sheet, and a hand or stand mixer.

How far in advance can I make Christmas cookie dough?

You can make Christmas cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. You can also freeze cookie dough for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before baking.

Can I use store-bought cookie dough to make Christmas cookies?

Yes, you can use store-bought cookie dough to make Christmas cookies. However, homemade cookie dough will typically yield better results in terms of flavor and texture. Plus, making your own dough allows for more customization and creativity.

How long should I bake Christmas cookies?

The baking time for Christmas cookies will vary depending on the recipe and the size of the cookies. Generally, cookies should be baked for 8-12 minutes at 350°F. It's important to keep an eye on them and take them out of the oven when they are lightly golden on the edges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Gina M
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode