• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative giveaway ideas for my booth at the Downtown Block Party?

In summary, Natalie learned that she should make fewer copies of her products, and to take a full-sized catalog with her to the event, as well as recipe cards with her information. She also suggested giving away free parties, as well as having a calendar with host and guest specials, and theme shows if she participates in the event again.
ndbigler
I live in a small town, and every year in September, they have a "Keep the Shine on Denrock" Downtown Block Party. Not sure what it really is. Lol. But last year I participated with my PC and set up a table and put my products on display. I had some interest and leads but nothing really good generated. I made way too many copies, was a nervous wreck since I didn't know what I was doing. I had only signed a few weeks before, so I was REALLY new. I'm going to participate again this year.

I did learn some things. Don't make that many copies. Lol And to take some full size catalogs with. And to make my drawing for something more fun. Last year I had a drawing for a rollers baker. So boring to me. So whats something fun I can give away?

Also, I was THINKING about making some goodie bags to give away, or MAYBE have some cheap products on hand for purchase if anyone wants to order anything. For the goodie bags, I was thinking putting a catalog, some flyers like maybe the hosting and guest specials for the upcoming months, maybe some recipes, a citrus peeler or something comparable, etc. Or maybe I could put them on sale for such and such a price per bag. Is that allowed? Or no?

Any thoughts or suggestions for me? I haven't gotten the new fall product packages yet, but plan to. I'm thinking i should defintily place that order really soon, if I want to have those for my booth. Which is really just a table with my tablecloth. Lol The party is Sept 20.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Natalie

My best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE. Do a drawing if you want--I started doing a drawing for a cookbook and when I pull the winner they get Season's Best. Have recipe cards and catalogs ready. Set up your display simply--too much product overwhelms the eye. The biggest tool at a fair is YOU--stand in FRONT of your table, greet people as they go by, hand them a recipe card or mini catalog so they have your information in their hands. If someone wants a full size catalog, GET THEIR INFO first! Then you can follow up with them. Good luck!

Natalie...

you can do small cash and carry, IF you want to bother with it. I did it for my first few fairs, then decided it wasn't worth my hassle of getting it all there!

Goodie bags...hmmm...sounds like a bunch of work to me!

Have some full size and mini cattys to give out (don't set them ALL OUT or people will just take them and you will never hear from them.) and some RECIPE CARDS with your info on them. People will save a recipe card 99% of the time, while they may just throw out your business card. I bring some business cards for those who want them...but my main thing I give away is my recipe cards!

I don't even advertise my drawings...cuz I only want those who are REALLY interested in PC to go in there. Not just Joe Schmo who wants something for free. When I am talking to people, I will say "I am doing a drawing today, would you like to enter?" and THEN give them a slip. Then, when they are done filling it out, I write something on the back to jog my memory about them. (redhead with 3 kids...DH who does the cooking, likes our knives but doesnt have them, etc.) Then, I put them in my apron pocket so they aren't laying around.

HTH, these are just things I have learned over the years...

Think about what you would like to get free. The collapsable bowl is great .. and you can fill it with the ballots if it is not windy. Or a new product. I like to give away free parties along with main item.(You bring the ingredients for one dish) Instant bookings!! I hand out recipe cards stamped with my info. I also have "Let Me Be Your Pampered Chef Lady" fliers I pass out. Have on hand party/catalog packets to hand out to those who book -after you get info from the person for follow ups. Or I offer to mail them if they don't want to carry it around. I bring a few plastic grocery bags to pass out. They usually appreciate a place to put all gathered items(if they get a packet). Take calendar..fliers for host/guest specials - I put these in a binder. And maybe theme shows if you do that. I do keep my table simple, but I take enough to sell and book. Smile, Smile and smile. Let people know how great pampered chef is!! I make a goal to give away so many packets and/or book so many parties. It is fun to see it all work. Good luck!!

DebbieJ said:
My best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE. Do a drawing if you want--I started doing a drawing for a cookbook and when I pull the winner they get Season's Best.

Have recipe cards and catalogs ready. Set up your display simply--too much product overwhelms the eye.

The biggest tool at a fair is YOU--stand in FRONT of your table, greet people as they go by, hand them a recipe card or mini catalog so they have your information in their hands. If someone wants a full size catalog, GET THEIR INFO first! Then you can follow up with them.

Good luck!

YES! That was one of my huge mistakes last year! I didn't get hardly any contact info! Thanks for the reminder.

kellythechef said:
natalie...

You Can Do Small Cash And Carry, If You Want To Bother With It. I Did It For My First Few Fairs, Then Decided It Wasn't Worth My Hassle Of Getting It All There!

Goodie Bags...hmmm...sounds Like A Bunch Of Work To Me!

Have Some Full Size And Mini Cattys To Give Out (don't Set Them All Out Or People Will Just Take Them And You Will Never Hear From Them.) and Some Recipe Cards With Your Info On Them. People Will Save A Recipe Card 99% Of The Time, While They May Just Throw Out Your Business Card. I Bring Some Business Cards For Those Who Want Them...but My Main Thing I Give Away Is My Recipe Cards!

I Don't Even Advertise My Drawings...cuz I Only Want Those Who Are Really Interested In Pc To Go In There. Not Just Joe Schmo Who Wants Something For Free. When I Am Talking To People, I Will Say "i Am Doing A Drawing Today, Would You Like To Enter?" And Then Give Them A Slip. Then, When They Are Done Filling It Out, I Write Something On The Back To Jog My Memory About Them. (redhead With 3 Kids...dh Who Does The Cooking, Likes Our Knives But Doesnt Have Them, Etc.) Then, I Put Them In My Apron Pocket So They Aren't Laying Around.

Hth, These Are Just Things I Have Learned Over The Years...

Ooh Good Idea! I Didn't Do That Last Year, But Thats Something I'll Have To Do.

gingertannery said:
Think about what you would like to get free. The collapsable bowl is great .. and you can fill it with the ballots if it is not windy. Or a new product. I like to give away free parties along with main item.(You bring the ingredients for one dish) Instant bookings!! I hand out recipe cards stamped with my info. I also have "Let Me Be Your Pampered Chef Lady" fliers I pass out. Have on hand party/catalog packets to hand out to those who book -after you get info from the person for follow ups. Or I offer to mail them if they don't want to carry it around. I bring a few plastic grocery bags to pass out. They usually appreciate a place to put all gathered items(if they get a packet). Take calendar..fliers for host/guest specials - I put these in a binder. And maybe theme shows if you do that. I do keep my table simple, but I take enough to sell and book. Smile, Smile and smile. Let people know how great pampered chef is!! I make a goal to give away so many packets and/or book so many parties. It is fun to see it all work. Good luck!!

Do you have a copy of the "Let Me Be Your Pampered Chef Lady" Flyer you're talking about to reference to? And good idea about the bags! You think just regular Walmart bags? Or should I look into stocking up on a few PC bags? And yes smile! Lol I think I was so nervous last year I didn't do anything but fumble my way thru a couple of hours trying to get some business for myself. Lol

I just use walmart bags.. but what a great idea to advertise..using PC bags. I always have some left over from orders. I do have a copy of the flier.. it is on my other computer - my desktop. I'll get on a little later and retrieve it for you. I may have gotten it from here. Can't remember. lol Where in Texas are you?? I am just south of Houston.

gingertannery said:
I just use walmart bags.. but what a great idea to advertise..using PC bags. I always have some left over from orders. I do have a copy of the flier.. it is on my other computer - my desktop. I'll get on a little later and retrieve it for you. I may have gotten it from here. Can't remember. lol Where in Texas are you?? I am just south of Houston.

Ok neat. My email is [email protected] if you want to send it there. I live in the panhandle, about as far away from anyone else in Texas as I can get. About 90 miles north of Amarillo. I'm closer to New Mexico and Oklahoma than I am to the rest of Texas! Lol

You are in the "cold" part of Texas lol and I am in the hot part of Texas. We only had 1 or 2 days below freezing this last winter. And hoping to dodge the hurricane Gustav. I am about 30 miles from the coast. YIKES!!! And between Houston and Galveston. It looks like it will hit Louisiana at this point. I'll get busy and send you some things.

Here is the "Let Me Be Your Pampered Chef Lady" flier. Hope you get back on and see this. I will also send it to your e-mail address.

Attachments

• Let me be your PC Lady.doc
    40 KB · Views: 349
Any other input? Thanks so far for all the tips!

gingertannery said:
Here is the "Let Me Be Your Pampered Chef Lady" flier. Hope you get back on and see this. I will also send it to your e-mail address.

Ginger, have you had any luck getting responses on this?

linojackie said:
Ginger, have you had any luck getting responses on this?

Yes I have. Because I am asking to be their PC lady.. they really like it. Some have "adopted" me. I pass this out whenever I can. Fairs.. grocery store.

1. What is the "Downtown Block Party" event?

The "Downtown Block Party" is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef that brings together our consultants, customers, and community members for a fun-filled day of food, cooking demonstrations, and great deals on our products.

2. When and where is the "Downtown Block Party" held?

The "Downtown Block Party" is typically held in the summer months in a central location in downtown. The exact date and location may vary each year, so be sure to check with your local Pampered Chef consultant or our website for the most up-to-date information.

3. Do I need to purchase tickets for the "Downtown Block Party"?

No, the "Downtown Block Party" is a free event and open to the public. However, some activities and food may require tickets or a small fee.

4. Can I bring my kids to the "Downtown Block Party"?

Yes, the "Downtown Block Party" is a family-friendly event and we encourage you to bring your kids along. We will have activities and entertainment specifically for children, as well as cooking demonstrations and product displays suitable for all ages.

5. Will there be any special offers or discounts at the "Downtown Block Party"?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and discounts on Pampered Chef products available only at the "Downtown Block Party" event. Be sure to come prepared to take advantage of these great offers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katchkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • gereladericsonpoll
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • wadesgirl