• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well That's a Little Disappointing...

C
chelynn
I just finished entering in my receipts for the past month, and I am pretty much breaking even for the month of June.

Of course, I am writing off everything humanly possible, because I can, like every single little office supply, stamp, other postage, mileage, food for my practice recipes that also happened to feed my family a few meals, etc. I also bought two new ink cartridges because ours were empty.

A lot of it was start-up supplies, like host binder stuff, page protectors, etc., so I won't have to spend it again. But still! It will be great on taxes next year...but I want to make money! ;-)

Next month will be great!

Chelsea,

The money will get better. You'll probably have few more outlays while you figure out exactly how you want your 'packaging' to look...but then it will settle down....and you'll enjoy reaping the results. :)

My first TWO YEARS I was able to write off so many things, I "broke even" on our taxes...even though really I made quite a bit of $$.

Don't forget you can claim the mileage to/from the grocery store, Post Office, etc. Any receipt you can claim usually has mileage to go along with it!

Also, you can write off food for a recipe TWO TIMES (each recipe). So, you can practice it more than once if you would like!

I totally understand. I feel like I'm breaking even and even losing money if I figure in mileage and practicing recipes. I'm too unorganized to figure that in at this time. After I pay for conference hotel I will probably be in the hole, but I have some great new products, namely my trifle bowl, SA large platter, new food chopper, and I love my salad choppers. I'm pretty happy with the excuse conference has given me to buy new clothes, too. Hoping to pick up the profits ASAP. Thankfully, I was able to use PC dollars to pay for conference and some of my new products.
JAE

Related to Well That's a Little Disappointing...

1. Why did you only break even for the month of June?

As a scientist, I am constantly researching and experimenting in my field. In this case, I was experimenting with my budget and expenses for my practice. Unfortunately, it seems that the expenses for the month of June were equivalent to the income, resulting in breaking even.

2. What expenses did you include in your calculations?

I included all possible expenses that could be written off for my practice, such as office supplies, stamps, postage, mileage, and even food for recipe testing that also happened to feed my family. I also had to purchase two new ink cartridges for my printer.

3. Will the expenses for start-up supplies be a recurring cost?

No, fortunately a lot of the expenses for start-up supplies, such as host binder stuff and page protectors, will not have to be spent again. This will save money in the long run and will also be beneficial for taxes next year.

4. Do you plan on making a profit in the future?

As a scientist, I am always looking for ways to improve and make progress. I am confident that with careful budgeting and efficient use of resources, I will be able to make a profit in the future.

5. How will you ensure a better financial outcome for next month?

I will closely monitor my expenses and income, and make adjustments as needed. I will also continue to write off expenses that are necessary for my practice, but I will be mindful of unnecessary expenses and try to cut back where possible. Additionally, I will continue to actively seek opportunities to increase income and improve profitability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • Shawnna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies