• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Believe it or Not: My MK Director's Incentives!

In summary, JenniferLynne received a letter from her director stating that if she has not placed a whole sale order by the beginning of the month, she is now inactive. She is getting ready to place an order, and thinks that the pictures in the newsletters are just dart board backrounds.
jenniferlynne
Ok. You all are going to have a field day with this one. I'm already laughing in anticipation of your responses.

I started another thread awhile back called "Why PC is so much better than MK". Well, in that thread I had mentioned that my MK director was very snooty and talked about her big mansion of a house. Ok, now here is an even better one!! I got a newsletter from her the other day. She is pushing everyone to order in June so she can look good at the National Confrence (which like PC is also in July). So, she is offering all kinds of incentives. #1 is your name put in a drawing for a jacket with MK on it, #2 is a dozen peach roses (they just came out with a new peach Satin Hands set), and #3 is "The Greatest Compliment". This is actually what she calls it!!! Are you ready for this?? Ok, #3 is broke down into 3 sections. Order $300 wholesale, and you will recieve an 11 x 17 picture of all the homes that she has lived in!! She also mentions that it is suitable for framing :eek: . Part 2 is, order $600 wholesale, and you will receive the picture AND Smith (not her real name) Estate Home Tour and Reception! Part 3 is order $1000 wholesale, and receive the picture AND a pool party and Home Tour of her Estate!!

Can you believe that??!! She always puts pictures of parts of her house in the newsletters, and it does look impressive, but why would I work my butt off to get a stinking picture of all the houses she has lived in and take a tour of her "Estate"?? I WANT FREE PRODUCT!!!

Anyway, I'm done. I can't wait for your replies. :D

Big Raspberries!!!!How concieded does someone need to be to be in Mary Kay anyway??
Can I suggest a gift for her?
A putty knife and a jar of vaseline.
The putty is for getting her nose off the ceiling and the vaseline is for getting her fat head through the doors of her estate!
YUCK!
Are you sure you read that right. Maybe the pictures are actually dart board backrounds? Just a thought.

I think you should ask her to become a PC consultant - see what her reaction to that will be!

OMG:eek: My mouth is open so WIDE! Are you for real?! Can I get her number so I can order & get the pics? No, just kidding...That is insane....and I must say, who would actually spend that much in MK anyway?
Are you getting your order together jenniferlynne?

I just thought of you when I got my mail today. I'm just a MK rep for the discount and I got a letter from my director that stated if we have not placed a min whole sale order since the beg of the month we are now inactive. Now the best thing we were offered was a tote bag with other items, I wasn't lucky enough to win a tour of a house or a pool party. If we placed an order last month we shouldn't be inactive so I'm not sure if this is her way of scaring everyone into placing an order or not.

I'm not kidding!!!!When I first started selling, I was in my early 20's and I was so naive. I never missed a meeting and I hung on every word she spoke. At one meeting a fellow consultant was laughing about how fake she was and that she just said what we wanted to hear to get us to order and recruit. I got so mad at her, now I feel like a dork!!

Lacy,
Yes, I actually am getting ready to send in an order. I was going to order at the beginnig of the month, but then I saw they were coming out with those Peach Satin Hands and I wanted to get some as Christmas presents. They weren't available until the 16th, and then I got busy with PC and never got around to it. Did you need something?

We experienced a very SNOOTY MK rep when we first signed up with David's Bridal. Our lead coordinator picked up one of her flyers at the store and called her just to chit chat on the vendor program. She practically laughed at her and in a very annoyed tone asked her "what in the world PC was doing signing up with DB program at all!??"

This thread just made me think of that! What a joke!

nikkijo said:
I just thought of you when I got my mail today. I'm just a MK rep for the discount and I got a letter from my director that stated if we have not placed a min whole sale order since the beg of the month we are now inactive. Now the best thing we were offered was a tote bag with other items, I wasn't lucky enough to win a tour of a house or a pool party. If we placed an order last month we shouldn't be inactive so I'm not sure if this is her way of scaring everyone into placing an order or not.

I know with MK it is at least two months if not three. I was actually kind of thinking three, but not for sure. Yeah, sounds like she is just wanting everyone to order. Maybe I should wait until July 1 to order ;)

If she orders $60 in June I will give her a free Ice Cream Sandwich Maker AND she can come and clean my toilets for free....

Are you kidding me...she is a crack pot!!!!

Wow my responce would be what is she smoken????????????????????

You know as I was reading this post I was actually thinking of the Apprentice with Martha Stewart (sorry if anyone likes her) But for her reward challenges it was almost always a tour of one of her many houses.

OMGosh that is HILARIOUS!!! You haveto send me a PM telling me who she is I am so curious because I know a few MK muckety mucks who are pretty loaded.

soonerchef said:
If she orders $60 in June I will give her a free Ice Cream Sandwich Maker AND she can come and clean my toilets for free....

Are you kidding me...she is a crack pot!!!!

I would like to offer someone who orders $50 an overnight stay at my "estate".:D

I love this! 12 years ago I got suckered into selling MK when I was 19 yrs old. After 6 mo of it I had to quit, it was fake. I hated having to answer to my director at her "estate" also. She loved to give all those tours of her 3 bedroom home. lol!
Maybe they are trained to say that about their homes!

This is such a funny thread! I was just thinking of how PC tells us to think about how our business can help OTHERS...I am so in sync with that. That mentality has become a mainstay of my business.

When I started to think about how PC could help others instead of thinking about myself, my business really took off.

It's all about what you can do for OTHERS, not what others can do for YOU!

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Thanks! I really needed the laugh.

It's one thing to say that you make your mortgage or house payment with your PC money. But to award people pictures of your home is just insane! When I was younger I had a woman and her daughter try to recruit me. They were just as snotty as you describe. In fact I looked to see where you lived to make sure it was not her. haha.

This is hilarious! What on earth does she think you want with pictures of all her houses?!? I'm sure you can make a lot of money with Mary Kay just like with Pampered Chef and other sales if that is your goal. I know the people I meet who are in it for big money seem to always be super stressed. My neighbor across the street seems to do ok but she's always working her tail off. I'm having a party next week and she told me she couldn't come because she's going to be working 12 hour days every day for the rest of the month:eek: I know she has a team but she's been trying to reach some level (not familiary with MK steps) and this isn't the first time she's been so busy. Her husband actually went on a trip with the kids alone so that she could focus on her business. I thought it was about flexibility:confused: . I don't know if she is telling her recruits about all these extra hours but it sure wouldn't be an incentive for me.

Let us know if you get those wonderful pictures and tour of her estate:D .

Michele

I have a friend that is a director of MK. She had a PC show for me a few months ago. She told me that she was going to invite a few of her consultants. She was sure they would come because it's "a honor" to be invited to your directors house. Let me tell you that her house is nothing much to look at.

Okay, you have to be kidding! I can see where it would be a great incentive to treat consultants to a nice dinner or party at your home, but come on - photos? Yes, telling people that you make your mortgage payment selling is good, but not bragging about your "estate". That's just sickening! It would be so much nicer to tell them that you will pamper them in your home with a massage/spa party or something nice like that. We all want to feel special, but promoting your "estate" may make people feel like you are putting them down and just flat our bragging. I hope I never make people feel that way no matter what.

Jeanie

MicheleC said:
This is hilarious! What on earth does she think you want with pictures of all her houses?!? I'm sure you can make a lot of money with Mary Kay just like with Pampered Chef and other sales if that is your goal. I know the people I meet who are in it for big money seem to always be super stressed. My neighbor across the street seems to do ok but she's always working her tail off. I'm having a party next week and she told me she couldn't come because she's going to be working 12 hour days every day for the rest of the month:eek: I know she has a team but she's been trying to reach some level (not familiary with MK steps) and this isn't the first time she's been so busy. Her husband actually went on a trip with the kids alone so that she could focus on her business. I thought it was about flexibility:confused: . I don't know if she is telling her recruits about all these extra hours but it sure wouldn't be an incentive for me.

Let us know if you get those wonderful pictures and tour of her estate:D .

Michele

If you want to get anywhere with MK, you do have to work your tail off. I started out with a different director, but she was so bad most of her people quit and she got demoted back to consultant, which is how I got under this other lady. She was my Director's Director. Anyway, my first Director used to lie to me all the time. It really made me ashamed of MK, because that is not what they promote. I'm sure that is not how they all are, but the ones in my area seem to be that way. I had such high hopes and big dreams when I first signed up. Little by little they started to crumble. I was very shocked when I went to my first director's house one day to use her computer (I didn't have one then), and she made the comment that her son was at his daycare!!! :eek: I thought that was one of the big reasons women sign up for direct sales!! So they can stay home with their kids!

Get over yourself already!
soonerchef said:

LMBO!

Seriously? :rolleyes: Tell her can you please take your head out of your butt ....errr..i mean your ego out....and realize the world - nor my mk products - do NOT revolve around your snooty house! :D

I have to admit: I wonder how many have taken her up on it.:p

Can you imagine trying to get your friends to order just so you can "earn" pictures of her past homes?? My friends would tell me I seriously need a life!!

OK how many earned the photos of the "estate"? I just have to know.

I wouldn't call her if I were you or she'll want you to order to earn pictures of her as a baby!!!

LMAO here - OMG what in the world would anybody want a picture of her house and spend $600 to get it! This is so funny because I subscribe to our chamber of commerce newsletter and in Mondays issue, there was an MK rep glorifying the fact that she would soon be taking delivery on THE USE of her 4th pink cadillac. Note the words "THE USE". It's just leased and they get to use it for a couple years is what I understand. She said for everyone to look for her around town and give her a wave!!!
My blurb was the usual - spend $60 - get something free, place an order on my website and receive a free SB and of course the Wedding Registry....maybe I should offer a pic of my house too! Whatcha think? I do have a blowup pool in the backyard - I could offer a tour!

Cindycooks said:
My blurb was the usual - spend $60 - get something free, place an order on my website and receive a free SB and of course the Wedding Registry....maybe I should offer a pic of my house too! Whatcha think? I do have a blowup pool in the backyard - I could offer a tour!

Maybe if they spend $100 they can use your pool!

You guys are so funny!!! I did end up placing an order because my cousin was almost out of cleanser. I don't remember what my total was. I think $400 (I only order about every 6 months for 4 of us, and my cousin uses ALOT of make-up. Over $200 of it was hers). Anyway, I already threw my paper away, but I think I qualified for the picture. I think it was at $300? I don't remember now. I will have to go back and read my first post. If she sends it, I will have to see if I can post it for you all to see!! She did send me this dumb little oriental coin purse in the mail. I was supposed to get one for every $200 that I ordered, but she only sent me one. I'm so disappointed! :D

Oh, I have to see the picture when you get it!!!!

I'll bet one of our little brown scrapers (that come with the stones) will fit right in that little oriental change purse!!!!
You should tell her! :D :D :D

I'm sitting here, almost ready for church..........cracking up at all of you.

I was one of the lucky ones to sell MK too!!
And I!!!! have a picture of Mary Kay's House!!!! and you can actually see her sihloette through the door

Now I feel like we were paparozi's (sp) because we parked across the street and started shooting pics of her house. It was beautiful, and it did have a pink tone to the stucco.
(Maybe I can sell it on ebay?????)

I also worked for my MK director at her house. Doing errands and entering stuff on her computer, and doing her laundry.........really! (Well she did pay me well so that's the only consollation) And delivering product. But it wasn't like she couldn't have done all this stuff.

All the money she has is because she comes from a wealthy family.......and her hubby is loaded as well.

I had her to my house to do a facial for me and my friends, years after I quit and before PC. Our sweet little doggie was hanging around and she goes to my husband. "Russell! Could you take this DOG somewhere else!" :eek: :eek:

Needless to say.........she was never invited in to my humble abode again.........and I never ordered from her again.

Kris

The nurve...... Do all MK Consultants act this way??? I'm a AVON kinda gal.

gilliandanielle said:
Oh, I have to see the picture when you get it!!!!

Still haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure she is just swamped getting them all mailed out. :D

COOKINWITHSHERRI said:
The nurve...... Do all MK Consultants act this way??? I'm a AVON kinda gal.

I'm sure there are some good ones out there. In my experience, they don't start acting that way until they move up the ladder a little.

My mom sells MK and she isn't like that. Hey, if we are honest, there are some PC consultants like that too. Sometimes people forget that they were once "little people" like the rest of us. LOL I am sure it is like that in every business.

You're right Shawnna.

My sil sold MK for a bit, and she's not anything like any we've described here.

One thing that I have always loved about PC though is that the focus has never been on dreaming of big houses, big cars, big boats, travel, and if you don't have these things you just aren't successful and how in the world could you possibly be happy?????

Kris

ihavethetools said:
You're right Shawnna.

My sil sold MK for a bit, and she's not anything like any we've described here.

One thing that I have always loved about PC though is that the focus has never been on dreaming of big houses, big cars, big boats, travel, and if you don't have these things you just aren't successful and how in the world could you possibly be happy?????

Kris

You are so right. Before I signed with PC, I went to the website constantly checking out the company to see if it was right for me. When I saw pictures from confrence, and how normal everyone looked, I knew PC was the right company! Everyone looked like real people and not like they were trying to be someone else!

You're right Jennifer!
I don't know how it is now, since PC is so much larger than when I was here the first time, but at conference you could go up to Doris and Jay and actually any National and get group pictures with them. Doris was always very easy to talk to, very approachable. I'm sure she hasn't changed. If you'd see her in the lobby, you could grab her for a picture or two with your friends. Same with Jay.
And like you said, you never have to be anything other than who you are.

Pretty cool company she got going there! eh!

Kris

I like PC because the consultants are REAL! i dont want someone coming into my house and showing me cookware that her MAID uses! I want to know why this product makes a busy moms live easier. I want to know what products i need to make a quick and delicious meal after work for a family. i want funny stories about kids or husbands in the kitchen. i want to not be embarrassed to invite a PC consultant to my humble home knowing that she lives in a mansion. When a host has a party she needs to not be worried what you will think of her. we are real! we make mistakes! we are not world class chefs! that is what makes us GOOD!

This thread makes me laugh. A girl that I work with sells MK, I will have to ask her what her incentive is. I can't believe that someone would give someone else a picture of their estate. Where would you put it? I would have to put it up in my attic or in my boys room to use as a drawing or dart board.

When you get the pics, be sure to post them for us to see this great house!!

O, but it's not just a house, it'a an estate (said in a snooty tone) lmbo.

jenniferlynne said:
You guys are so funny!!! I did end up placing an order because my cousin was almost out of cleanser. I don't remember what my total was. I think $400 (I only order about every 6 months for 4 of us, and my cousin uses ALOT of make-up. Over $200 of it was hers). Anyway, I already threw my paper away, but I think I qualified for the picture. I think it was at $300? I don't remember now. I will have to go back and read my first post. If she sends it, I will have to see if I can post it for you all to see!! She did send me this dumb little oriental coin purse in the mail. I was supposed to get one for every $200 that I ordered, but she only sent me one. I'm so disappointed! :D

Yes make sure she sends it and you post it for us! lol.

OMG............I am so laughing my butt off... that lady is one strange duck to begin with!!!! If I were you I would tell her to sit on it!!! LOL

Have you gotten your precious picture yet? Please post it if you do! I will have to visit this thread again if I need a good laugh because it will make me feel so much better.

I am sorry that your Director isn't thinking about her TEAM but only herself. Someone also said that we have some like this in PC and you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! There are very few but I can think of 2 off hand (no names mentioned) that have really got big heads and act like it. Just don't get sucked into that lifestyle (snoottyville), take the high road and be the better person!

Still laughing and would love to see the picture(s)!

No, I never did get my pictures darn it!!

Anyway, if you want to check her and her homes out, go to www.lindatoupin.com. Please don't laugh as you set through picture after picture of her. You can find her pictures of her homes under recognition. Then if you want to see more pictures of her, go to media center. It will take a couple of minutes to download, but makes for a good laugh. She sure isn't shy about getting her picture taken or flaunting it!

This lady thinks she's a regular Belinda Ellsworth. What a house.

Well, first of all, she hasn't done anything that we can't do with TPC and secondly, I am sure she is very nice but...I just couldn't see one of our upper level directors flaunting like that. One of the things that I love about TPC is that everyone seems so down to earth, out of all of the people I have met not once has there been someone so into themselves as she is.

jenniferlynne said:
if you want to check her and her homes out, go to www.lindatoupin.com. Please don't laugh as you set through picture after picture of her. You can find her pictures of her homes under recognition. Then if you want to see more pictures of her, go to media center.

Wow, what a website. She has built an amazing business. . . I guess I don't know how I would appear to people if I had achieved all that (when I achieve all that ;) ). I still wouldn't consider a photo of my home any kind of a prize. If you are serious in the MK business, I'm sure it would be a huge honor to be invited to her home. I know I'd be excited if Nancy Jo invited me over for lunch.:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • jenniferlynne