• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Weird Clicking Sound with New S&B Spinner - Is It Normal?

In summary, it is normal to hear a clicking sound when using a new S&B spinner. This sound is caused by the spinning mechanism and is a common occurrence with most spinners. The clicking sound does not indicate a problem with the spinner and should not be too loud or accompanied by any other unusual noises. If the clicking sound is excessively loud or is accompanied by grinding or scraping noises, it is best to contact the manufacturer for further assistance. While the clicking sound cannot be eliminated completely, you can try lubricating the spinning mechanism with oil or using the spinner on a soft surface to reduce the sound. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent the clicking sound completely.
Sheila
Gold Member
So I FINALLY have my hands on one of these and it makes a weird clicking sound when you pump it (empty, haven't put food in it yet). Is that normal? My S&B Spinner doesn't make that noise.

Sheila said:
So I FINALLY have my hands on one of these and it makes a weird clicking sound when you pump it (empty, haven't put food in it yet). Is that normal? My S&B Spinner doesn't make that noise.

I would say that the blade is not on straight, but it will not work unless everything is all in place. It must be coming from the lid and I do not recall a clicking noise.

Mine does make a weird sound when it's pumped when empty. Try it with food in it (make a salsa) and if it still makes that noise call HO and get a replacement.

yes, mine makes a clicking noise when it is empty

Thanks ladies! Yes, it seems to be coming from inside the lid. I've used the S&B spinner empty at a booth many times before and never had clicking, so I put the MFP back in the box & haven't used it yet. I was afraid something was broken up in the pump mechanism. ;)Will be curious to see if the one sitting at my house in Japan does the same thing. It took forever to arrive & didn't come until after I did the evacuation - so I never got to play with it.

Related to Weird Clicking Sound with New S&B Spinner - Is It Normal?

1. Is it normal to hear a clicking sound when using a new S&B spinner?

Yes, it is normal to hear a clicking sound when using a new S&B spinner. This sound is caused by the spinning mechanism and is a common occurrence with most spinners.

2. Does the clicking sound indicate a problem with the spinner?

No, the clicking sound does not indicate a problem with the spinner. As mentioned before, it is a normal sound that is produced by the spinning mechanism and does not affect the functionality of the spinner.

3. How loud should the clicking sound be?

The clicking sound should not be too loud and should not be accompanied by any other unusual noises. If the clicking sound is excessively loud or is accompanied by grinding or scraping noises, it is best to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

4. Can the clicking sound be eliminated?

The clicking sound cannot be eliminated completely as it is an inherent characteristic of the spinner. However, you can try lubricating the spinning mechanism with a small amount of oil to reduce the clicking sound.

5. Is there any way to prevent the clicking sound?

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent the clicking sound completely. However, you can try using the spinner on a soft surface or placing a small cloth underneath the spinner to muffle the sound.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Sheila