• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weight Loss with Purina: My Hilarious Experience at Wal-Mart

I'm sorry, I don't remember the story behind it. I'm pretty sure it was just some silly thing.Oh my! I hadn't really gone there very much before last summer for many reasons. I just really hate it there. All the stores in my town are in pretty much general areas. They aren't on "one side of the tracks or the other".
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Yesterday I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow
for Blanche, our hunting dog, at Wal-Mart and was
standing in line about to check out. A woman behind
me asked if I had a dog. First thing I thought
was 'where is your sign lady' but decided to go with
it... So.. on impulse, I told her that no, I didn't
have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina weight
loss Diet again. I said I probably shouldn't, because
I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd
lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care
ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and
IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially
a perfect diet and that the way that it works is,
you load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and
simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and
that the food is nutritionally complete...

so I was going to try it again. I have to mention
here that practically everyone in the line was by now
enthralled with my story to say the least.

Totally horrified, the lady asked if I ended up in
intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I
told her no; I had stepped off a curb to sniff an
Irish Setter's rear end and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to
have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
Wal-Mart asked me not to shop there anymore

De Sha can't go to Wal-Mart anymore

Thought you all needed a good weight loss smile;)

Now you know why we usually put this sort of stuff into the joke thread.SOMEONE is going to ask you for details on the diet.;)

Well, I read the title and thought, "How lucky to live in a city that is kicking out Walmart." ;)

Your story was priceless! Thanks for the laughs!

janetupnorth said:
Well, I read the title and thought, "How lucky to live in a city that is kicking out Walmart." ;)
That was my first thought too....had to open it to see where Wal Mart was folding up and moving out!

ChefBeckyD said:
That was my first thought too....had to open it to see where Wal Mart was folding up and moving out!

Yup me too !!! lol

Your so funny! I wouldnt be able to keep a striaght face that long.

Now seriously can I have the details of this diet?

;) ;)

You are hilarious Leslie! Great story:) I can't believe the woman would believe this!

I have tears running down my face I am laughing so hard:cry:

I just about spit my lunch out, I was laughing so hard. I would have never been able to do this with a straight face.

Your "krzymomof4" is so appropriate. It would take a crazy mom of 4 to pull that off. Your story is absolutely priceless. Thank you for giving me the laugh of the week.

Too funny. You guys,:rolleyes: I really doubt she said this! The story's been going around the internet for quite some time now. I've received it several times but it's always good for a laugh!

BethCooks4U said:
Too funny. You guys,:rolleyes: I really doubt she said this! The story's been going around the internet for quite some time now. I've received it several times but it's always good for a laugh!

Yup, she copied a joke that has been circulating for awhile...working at a "pet-related" place, we've seen it before.

Still funny...and something my DH would do!

OH MY goodness that is priceless.......

Not my personal story. I have done something similar, but can't take credit for this one.
Just thought you all needed a good laugh!

Are you serious????? This sounds like something that my uncle would do - and he'd be able to keep a straight face the whole time too!!!!! You are terrible, awful, horrible - but please, keep it up!!!! :D

I was hoping this was a thread about someone never shopping at Walmart again. I very much dislike Walmart and do not ever shop there (at least since last summer and before that not very often).

JAE said:
I was hoping this was a thread about someone never shopping at Walmart again. I very much dislike Walmart and do not ever shop there (at least since last summer and before that not very often).

Just out of curiosity, did something happen last summer at Walmart? I'm always up for a good story!

dianevill said:
Just out of curiosity, did something happen last summer at Walmart? I'm always up for a good story!
Oh my! I hadn't really gone there very much before last summer for many reasons. I just really hate it there. All the stores in my town are in pretty much general areas. They aren't on "one side of the tracks or the other". I had to get a birthday gift for a niece, and my sister said that's the only place she saw it. So this is what happened last visit (please, understand, this is how I feel about the Walmart in my town. I am not labeling all Walmarts or Walmart shoppers with this story)...first mistake is I had procrastinated and had to go on a Saturday in the middle of the day. Sunny, hot, very full parking lot (nothing new). I had a good attitude because I knew it was going to be a normal Walmart day, which isn't good, but I was ready for it. As soon as I got out of my car I heard a mom yelling at her child, in a very harsh manner. I've heard that before, but where I usually shop for groceries, I don't remember hearing that. It just seemed to fit with the Walmart way. As I'm walking through the parking lot a car goes by in front of me, in front of the doors, all souped up and the bass blaring, big cadillac type car. Another smile from me. Again, not a normal occurence where I shop. Then I walk into the door and get blasted with the most disgusting smell :yuck: you could want to smell when walking into a store that sells food. It was the bottle return, fermented beverage smell mixed with a bread smell from the Subway that is right on the other side of the bottle return. No smile this time. I thought I was going to hurl! All I could think about was getting out of there as fast as possible. People everywhere. I grabbed a couple grocery items because I was there, then I headed across the store to the toys. HUGE mess. Where I shop it's never been even close to that messy. I can't even remember my store ever being messy. I can't really remember if I found the toy I needed, but I was heading out of the toy department (still smelling the stench from the far side of the store) and around the corner I was walking straight towards this poor lady who just looked....well, let's just say... bad. It had obviously been a long hard week, or life, and she looked unhappy and tired, etc. She was leaning on her cart, using it like a walker, though she wasn't elderly. I just don't see people looking like that where I shop. I just shop at a Meijer which is like a Super Walmart. This whole trip just reinforced my bad feelings about going there, to my town's Walmart. It isn't a nice place to shop. I've had too many problems there in the past, and that day just confirmed why I don't go there. I hesitate to say anything else about it. AGAIN, I've shopped at other Walmarts in the past, like in FL and TX on vacations, and they are fine. In fact, it's almost a daily thing when visiting my parents in the winter. Also, corporately, my family's business deals with Walmart and they aren't a nice company. Nuf said, probably more than nuf said.

Well, I read the title and thought, "How lucky to live in a city that is kicking out Walmart."

That's what I was thinking, too.

I very much dislike Walmart and do not ever shop there (at least since last summer and before that not very often).

I shop at the local Walmart neighborhood store, which is not a full-blown WalMart - it just has grocery & pharmacy. It replaced a hardware store that carried all the fixtures & replacement parts that these neighborhood 1980s homes can't find at Home Depot.

I would like to say I don't shop there, but since it is 3 blocks away, and 4 grocery stores in the surrounding area have gone out of business since that Walmart neighborhood mart opened, I guess the writing's on the wall.

-edit and I never buy meat there, and have to check the dairy expiry dates constantly.
They are not lower priced.

Here is my Wal-mart story. It was when my daughter was between 1 and 2 yrs old (she is now 5). We had one at that time that was less than a mile from our home in CO. So we hadn't had any problem until this night. We had gone thru the store for what we needed and was at this point browsing. My husband likes to do that (at different stores now). Anyway, we had gone back to the electronics area and he had started to show me several things (cd's, dvd's, a couple of video games). We decided not to get them so I put EVERY SINGLE ONE BACK WHERE THE BELONGED. I then went to put my daughter's snack into her diaper bag. We then decided to leave and as we where headed out (not even past the greeter). Someone stops us and asks us for the stuff that we had placed into the bag. I said what are you talking about ?? The man took us into a room and told us that he had been watching and he knew we had stolen stuff. My husband being in shock said nothing. I at first just kept telling him that we don't have anything. He mentioned that he saw me place them into the diaper bag when we were in electronics. He told us that he had footage of us. I asked him let me see what you are talking about? That never materialized (of course because it didn't happen). Then I started to get REALLY mad so I started taking everything out of the diaper bag I wanted to prove to him just what an idiot he truely was. He then started to realize that there wasn't anything in the bag and told me to stop and that the stuff was in my husbands jacket (CO in winter hooded-sweat shirt with jean jacket and there was no room in the jacket). I then told him that there wasn't room in there and he told me that he didn't believe me and that they couldn't search us without the police present. I now know that at this point I should have asked for one (COP). On our way out several of the people in the room started to play with my daughter. I instanly got mad and told them "you just wrongly accused (sp) us of stealing and now you are going to play with my child. I don't think so." Days later we called the store to talk to the manager and never got to him/her. So then we went to the home office and got nothing there either.
The sad thing is that before this happened I had worked at three different stores and left on my own terms (not bad terms). Now I can honestly say that if that was the only store in our town that I would go out of our town and shop else where. Can not stand this store. There are a lot a unhappy looking people (workers) in our store. Not to mention that if you have a question they generally can't answer it.

Jayme
NC
/jaymeskitchen

That is horrible, Jayme. No one should have to put up with that "crap". I was in our local store last week and I had to help a customer as the worker had no clue what how to use the product. When I went to the register to pay for my items I did ask for an employee discount since I helped a customer buy the product he needed help on and of course they looked at me like so, big deal. I knew they wouldn't do anything for me but had to tell them that customers could shop online if they didn't want help in a store.

Back around Th'giving last year my in-laws where in town and they wanted to give us Christmas and of course that was where we had to go. We where there about an hour and in that hour I had two older ladies ask for help looking for certain items and then there was someone else that asked for help and was really ugly about it and I instantly said I don't work here.
Can't stand that store :yuck: !! Too bad they are so much cheaper than everywhere else.

Jayme :chef:
NC
/jaymeskitchen

Jayme said:
Back around Th'giving last year my in-laws where in town and they wanted to give us Christmas and of course that was where we had to go. We where there about an hour and in that hour I had two older ladies ask for help looking for certain items and then there was someone else that asked for help and was really ugly about it and I instantly said I don't work here.
Can't stand that store :yuck: !! Too bad they are so much cheaper than everywhere else.

Jayme :chef:
NC
/jaymeskitchen
They are only cheaper than Meijer if you don't shop the sales. Walmart is NOT less expensive. I almost only buy sale items when I grocery shop, and it's less expensive that way. If you have a large grocery store chain in town and shop the ad every week, Walmart is not less expensive. YUCK!

That is true!! I tend to shop at either Food Lion or Aldi . The only thing is that diapers are cheaper at walmart

Jayme, sorry for your issues at Wally World, and JAE, thank you for taking the time to share your story.

I try not to shop there either, except for a few things; we have Pick and Save for our groceries, and as mentioned, if you have coupons, the items are cheaper at P & S (and I know where to find everything!). I do go to Walmart for laundry detergent, paper products, etc., but we have a smaller one that's not a Super Wally World. There is a Super not all that far away. Have been there a few times, but I'm not impressed. Everything is all over the place - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the layout, and the lines are ALWAYS long. You can't get in and out.

Plus, if I go there for a box of Kleenex, I leave with 8 frozen pizzas, 62 cans of beans, a WII system, 8 rolls of wrapping paper, a TV, a box of tampons, 2 Christmas wreaths, light bulbs, 92 rolls of toilet paper, a garden hose, new auto tires, and a box of Kleenex:eek: :D .

Wow, I may have gone there if I knew I could get a Wii!;) Not really. I think it was God's will that I go to Game Stop and get one on my first try. He saved me from Walmart!

dianevill said:
Plus, if I go there for a box of Kleenex, I leave with 8 frozen pizzas, 62 cans of beans, a WII system, 8 rolls of wrapping paper, a TV, a box of tampons, 2 Christmas wreaths, light bulbs, 92 rolls of toilet paper, a garden hose, new auto tires, and a box of Kleenex:eek: :D .

At least you still get the box of Kleenex and you never can have two many boxes of tampons on hand! :rolleyes:

Actually funny story about them...I recommend them for pet first aid kits. Throws the guys in my class for a loop but they are VERY absorbant. They are great when a dog gets a cut in their ear (a very sensitive part). Ears bleed a lot in pets. You stick one in the ear, wrap with tape and it works wonders. :)

janetupnorth said:
You stick one in the ear, wrap with tape and it works wonders. :)

THAT is hilarious!!!! I'm picturing my dog walking around with a couple tampax in her ears. THen I pictured my DH coming home nad seeing it!

BWA HA HA HA HA:p

IXerLover said:
THAT is hilarious!!!! I'm picturing my dog walking around with a couple tampax in her ears. THen I pictured my DH coming home nad seeing it!

BWA HA HA HA HA:p

Actually I learned it YEARS ago - like 20 years ago. They would use them when they would crop a boxer's ears. My friends dog ran around with them for weeks!

Then when I started teaching Pet First Aid, it became a useful recommendation because they are made to aborb blood and a dog's ears when cut will REALLY bleed. :eek: :rolleyes:

That's what I should have used last night for Becky's finger! I'm sure that would go over well at a show.

Oh I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I sure needed it. Thanks for that.

janetupnorth said:
Janet, I thought the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related to Weight Loss with Purina: My Hilarious Experience at Wal-Mart

1. What is the Purina weight loss Diet?

The Purina weight loss Diet involves using Purina dog chow as a meal replacement by carrying it in your pockets and eating it whenever you feel hungry.

2. Is the Purina weight loss Diet safe?

While the diet may lead to weight loss, it is not a recommended or safe method of weight loss. The story in the post is meant to be humorous and should not be taken seriously.

3. Have you personally tried the Purina weight loss Diet?

The story in the post is fictional and not based on personal experience. It is important to consult a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program.

4. Did you really end up in the hospital because of the Purina weight loss Diet?

No, the story in the post is meant to be a joke and is not based on actual events.

5. Did Wal-Mart really ask you not to shop there anymore?

No, this is part of the humorous story and not a real event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • friday
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
shelliebeard
  • whiteyteresa