• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Shower Invite Etiquette: When to Send and How Much Time is Needed?

In summary, wedding shower invitations should be sent out 4-6 weeks before the event, physical invitations are still considered more appropriate, the number of guests invited can vary but typically should be around 10-20, it is proper etiquette to only invite guests to the wedding shower who are also invited to the wedding, and a wedding shower typically lasts 2-3 hours.
LBurke
anyone know what the ettiquite is on when to send out invites for a wedding shower? Is two weeks enough or should I do more?

At least one month

hmmm... perhaps I ought to get on that then! Thanks Vanessa!

Depending on your situation I would say at least 3 weeks prior. For me --it was a month's time due to travel arrangements for guests. I had relatives from both Baltimore and Long Island, from either direction is 3 hours.

I just rec'd a baby shower invite today for June 14, so I guess its about the same. A month's time.

Good luck with it!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have had the pleasure of helping many customers plan and host wedding showers. In my experience, it is best to send out invitations for a wedding shower at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This gives guests enough time to RSVP and make arrangements to attend. However, if you are short on time, two weeks can also work as long as you follow up with guests who have not responded. I hope this helps and happy planning!

1. When should I send out wedding shower invitations?

Traditionally, wedding shower invitations should be sent out 4-6 weeks before the event. This gives guests enough time to RSVP and make necessary arrangements to attend.

2. Is it okay to send electronic invitations for a wedding shower?

While it is becoming more common to send electronic invitations, it is still considered more appropriate to send physical invitations for a wedding shower. This adds a personal touch and shows that you put thought and effort into the event.

3. How many people should I invite to a wedding shower?

The number of guests invited to a wedding shower can vary depending on the bride's preferences and the size of the venue. Typically, a wedding shower should have 10-20 guests, but it is ultimately up to the host and the bride.

4. Can I invite people to the wedding shower who are not invited to the wedding?

It is generally considered proper etiquette to only invite guests to the wedding shower who are also invited to the wedding. This avoids any potential awkwardness or hurt feelings.

5. How long should a wedding shower last?

A wedding shower typically lasts 2-3 hours. This allows enough time for guests to mingle, play games, and open gifts without it becoming too long and tiring for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mechelle
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • pamperedlinda