• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Web-Mail and Always Being Prepared

In summary, the author liked the story this week, but wishes she would have followed the lead yesterday. They went to pick up a check for products from a former client and the other worker recognized the author from Irma's show. The author mentioned that they have a script that they are comfortable with but need to come up with alternates in different situations. They are excited for the author because they have good, solid leads.
lockhartkitchen
I really liked this story this week. I wish I had followed her lead yesterday. I went to pick up a check for products from a former host. She was way in the back of the business, so I had to wait for some time. While I was waiting, one worker said she recognized me from Irma's show. She asked if Irma was going to be doing another one. She said if she wouldn't be, she might do one at her house. Man, I wish I carried even just a single sheet copy of my calendar, so I could have booked her right there. She took my business card, and I do have her information on my computer.The other worker was talking about brownies. I told her about my "rolo brownies". I could email her. She said she was single and couldn't afford a computer. It was all she could do to live with her low-paying job. Ding Ding Ding!! Business opportunity. I look in my bag and none! Uggh. I did tell her I would return Monday with the recipe. I'm bringing business opportunity information too. I could have responded about the business, but w/o having the brochure I didn't know another way. I usually say, here's some information about our business opportunity. Can I call you to see what you think?My former client, with the check, is going to look at her calendar and we're scheduling a November show. I always have my HWC bag with recipes, contact cards, etc. But no business opportunity or OOF? Uggh. I'm going to recover this Monday.

I need to deinitly take that advise also. 1 day I did have a catalog in my bag and a lady asked for the catalog so I was lucky to have 1 in there. But I have had a few people luckily I do see all the time ask for catalog s and I have had to get them to them at a later date.

You don't need to have "stuff" with you to ask them about the opportunity. You could have mentioned it and then told her you would follow up with more information (either by visiting again or mailing it and then set up a time to call her to talk). There are always ways to do it without having all of your "stuff" with you, just don't be afraid to talk without "props". Sometimes we rely on them too much anyway.

Personally, the only things I carry are business cards and / or mini-catalogs and if I happen to not have those it gives me even more reason to get their info. Often they'll say they'll call you and mean to but never do. If you have their number/email you can make the call. Most of the time they are glad you did. Never be afraid.

Sounds like you have a script that you are comfortable with but need to come up with alternates. Practice words that you can use in different situations. Talk to your director for ideas. If you go to a monthly meeting ask if they can do this at the meeting.

cathyskitchen said:
You don't need to have "stuff" with you to ask them about the opportunity. You could have mentioned it and then told her you would follow up with more information (either by visiting again or mailing it and then set up a time to call her to talk). There are always ways to do it without having all of your "stuff" with you, just don't be afraid to talk without "props". Sometimes we rely on them too much anyway.

I agree! You can talk about the business without any information in front of you.

The great thing is that you have good, solid leads! I am soo happy to see some light shining on you! I try to keep a few things on me, but I don't always. The fact that you can go back and followup is great. You can always tell the potential recruit, "After we talked, I was thinking about what you said about your finances and I thought you might want to take a look at this... or I have an idea that could help you" and maybe sit with her. I am very excited for you!!!

What is web-mail?

Web-mail is a type of email service that allows you to access your emails through a web browser, rather than using a specific email client or program.

How do I access my web-mail?

To access your web-mail, you will need to go to the website of your email provider and log in with your email address and password. You can also usually access web-mail through your company's intranet or by using a specific URL provided by your employer.

What are the benefits of using web-mail?

Web-mail allows you to access your emails from any device with an internet connection, making it convenient for staying on top of your emails while on the go. It also eliminates the need for downloading and managing separate email programs and can often offer larger storage capacities for your emails.

How can I stay prepared to check my emails at all times?

One way to stay prepared is to download the email provider's mobile app, if available, on your phone or tablet. This will allow you to receive notifications and easily access your emails wherever you are. You can also set up email forwarding to have your emails sent to another account, such as a personal email, so you can check them even if you don't have access to your work email.

Are there any security concerns with using web-mail?

While web-mail is generally considered safe, it is important to take precautions to protect your account and sensitive information. This includes using a strong password, enabling two-factor authentication, and being cautious of suspicious emails or links. It is also important to log out of your web-mail account when using a shared or public device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • flemings99