• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Kickstart My Business as a Single Mom?

In summary, Sarah is a consultant who wants to get more business this year. She has been doing shows for over four years and wants to get more booked in September. She wants to focus on contacting people and doing cooking shows in the meantime. She also suggests doing fairs to get new bookings.
Mystik
I have been a consultant for over 4 years now, and have done all of 40 shows, a lot of them my own. I want to really get my business off the ground and running now that I'm a single mom. My plan is to go gung-ho on it in September by contacting everyone I know and offering an incentive to past hosts if they rebook, something like an extra 10% off their order or something and a free product to new hosts. Because I recently moved into my own place I need to get that all situated, hence the September goal.

In the meantime, I don't want to just laze about all summer and risk being inactive too long. Does anyone have some suggestions to get a couple shows over the summer months, or ideas to get it really off and running in September?

I have the PC reusable shopping bags, going to start using them more. I know a few people I can send catalogs to who might be interested now, along with DYLAB flyers for the rest of the summer.

Don't wait until September to start booking shows! Remember two things:

What you do NOW affects your business 3 months from now, and
It only takes 1 show a month to stay active.

Try to have at least a couple of cooking shows a month for now, and maybe see if you can add a catalog show or two. From those cooking shows, start getting your bookings for the next few months. By July or August, I bet you find your September and October are already pretty full.

What Sarah said...keep the 90 day rule in mind...What you do today affects your business 90 days from now.

My advice...get on the phone and make 3 contacts a day (in-person contacts count, too)...you won't regret it. Keep the focus on how you can help others and OFF how they can help you.

Try to find some fairs to have a booth at. I just did a small fair in the rain and wind (this IS Oregon) on Saturday and booked 3 shows and have 2 recruit leads. I also have a more that want shows "later". It is a great way to build your lead list. I have also found that most of them are not ready to book right away, so it might be a good way to get your fall booked. I have attached my drawing slip here. I call everyone, even the ones that were not interested. I just called on a bunch of leads from a Christmas fair and got a couple of books. If you have a sizeable lead list you do not feel "desperate" for that booking.

Attachments

• Julie's Door Prize Slips.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 592
Wendy, you're so funny. If you've heard of The Pampered Chef, you must love it and want to either host a show or place an order (or, start your own business). If you haven't heard of it, you'll settle for winning a prize.

There's no "I'm not interested at all" option! Very clever.:thumbup::love:

1. What are some effective ways to jump start my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to kick start your Pampered Chef business, including hosting virtual parties, attending trade shows or vendor events, reaching out to friends and family, and utilizing social media to promote your products. You can also offer incentives or discounts to first-time customers to generate interest and word-of-mouth referrals.

2. How can I attract new customers to my Pampered Chef business?

One effective way to attract new customers is through hostess parties. Encourage your current customers to host a party and offer them rewards for inviting their friends and family to attend. You can also collaborate with local businesses or organizations to host joint events or offer special discounts to their employees or members.

3. What are some ways to increase sales in my Pampered Chef business?

One strategy to increase sales is to offer package deals or bundles of popular products. You can also experiment with offering limited-time promotions or discounts to create a sense of urgency for customers to make a purchase. Additionally, hosting cooking classes or workshops can showcase the versatility and quality of our products, which can lead to increased sales.

4. How can I build a strong customer base for my Pampered Chef business?

Building a strong customer base requires providing exceptional customer service and maintaining positive relationships with your customers. Follow up with your customers after a purchase to ensure their satisfaction and offer personalized recommendations for future purchases. You can also offer a loyalty program or referral program to incentivize customers to continue supporting your business.

5. What are some ways to market my Pampered Chef business on a budget?

Social media is a cost-effective way to market your Pampered Chef business. Utilize platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to showcase your products, share customer reviews, and engage with potential customers. You can also collaborate with other small businesses or influencers to reach a wider audience. Finally, word-of-mouth marketing through satisfied customers is a powerful and free way to promote your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christina Wood
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • Cr8vKitchen