• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Watch Netflix on Your TV with the Wii – Easy Setup & No Extra Cost

Instant Queue on their TV. The only downside is that users have to have a password to watch the content.
NooraK
Gold Member
Since this created some buzz on my FB, I thought I'd share here as well:

I signed into Netflix last night to update my queue, and got a notice on the main page that I can get a CD to use on my Wii, which will allow me to watch anything on the Instant Queue on my TV. I know this has been available on the XBox 360 and PS3 for a while, but I had no need to spend that kind of money just so I can watch Netflix. And I didn't want to buy the $100 Roku either, nor do I need a new DVD player.

If you have a Wii, and a Netflix subscription, go here:

Netflix

Scroll down a bit and click on the Wii on the right.

We are supposed to be getting our cd today! We reserved it a while back so super excited to see how it works!

we're supposed to be getting our cd today too

We are getting ours today too!

I got mine a few weeks ago- it works great!! (of course, you have to have your Wii hooked up to an internet/cable feed to work)I set my Wii up so the kids cannot just get on without a password- since the Wii queue can sometimes have movies you would NOT want them to see...you can go to your Instant Queue for your account, or you can search for movies (that's where you lose the protection of content/ratings).

I would have to upgrade my account to a newer plan to get this.

So, I would be curious to hear feedback once you have tried it out.

Is it the same selection of items from that Watch Instantly queue that we can view now on the PC?

Thanks!

Sooooo awesome, I just ordered my CD today! It's about time!

Cool....thanks for the info. Just ordered my cd.

kam said:
I would have to upgrade my account to a newer plan to get this.So, I would be curious to hear feedback once you have tried it out.Is it the same selection of items from that Watch Instantly queue that we can view now on the PC?Thanks!
Yes! Whatever you'd have in your Instant Queue- automatically appears.
Once you get your CD, when you load it up, it gives you a password. You then have to go online to your account to activate the Wii CD. After that, when you put it in the machine, and click on it like any other game, it loads up your queue! You can also search their Instant Movies for other categories, and are not limited to just what is in your Watch Instantly queue. (I have a password set up on my Wii, so I have to first put in the code to unlock it to get onto the internet/Netflix- but that's personal preference.. My boys would be into it all the time!)I have the 1-Out/Unlimited Plan- so the second cheapest. :) about $9 a month.My kids have already watched Dennis the Menace, and the newest Veggie Tales movie. Now- our internet speed is fast- so not sure how it works with other services. We have Business-speed broadband. BUT, it looked the same as what I watch on my computer....so probably whatever you watch on your computer- that's how it will be on your Wii.

I just got mine today and am glad to read that you are enjoying it!

esavvymom said:
Yes! Whatever you'd have in your Instant Queue- automatically appears.
Once you get your CD, when you load it up, it gives you a password. You then have to go online to your account to activate the Wii CD. After that, when you put it in the machine, and click on it like any other game, it loads up your queue! You can also search their Instant Movies for other categories, and are not limited to just what is in your Watch Instantly queue. (I have a password set up on my Wii, so I have to first put in the code to unlock it to get onto the internet/Netflix- but that's personal preference.. My boys would be into it all the time!)

I have the 1-Out/Unlimited Plan- so the second cheapest. :) about $9 a month.

My kids have already watched Dennis the Menace, and the newest Veggie Tales movie. Now- our internet speed is fast- so not sure how it works with other services. We have Business-speed broadband. BUT, it looked the same as what I watch on my computer....so probably whatever you watch on your computer- that's how it will be on your Wii.

Thanks! I am on a 2-at-a-time limit of 4-a-month at $11.99 and that works PERFECT for us. The only comparable plans now would be 2-at-a-time unlimited but that goes up to $13.99. So now I'll have to take a look at what is available instantly.

On a side note - this might help me win the argument to keep the Wii in the Family Room (instead of the basement). haha

My kids love the netflix service online. They can watch on their laptops, or via Xbox, PS3 or Wii (yes, sadly, we have all of these). It's great instant gratification when they want to watch a new movie, without having to pay for new DVDs that they'll only watch a couple of times.

kam said:
I would have to upgrade my account to a newer plan to get this.

So, I would be curious to hear feedback once you have tried it out.

Is it the same selection of items from that Watch Instantly queue that we can view now on the PC?

Thanks!

I just upgraded today from one of the original "one-at-a-time" plans to the lowest plan now available in order to get the Wii disc.

I am excited mostly for the ability to watch the TV shows instantly, since we don't have DVR/TiVo/On Demand with our Cable as we have Digital tuners built in both of our TV's and don't need those junky cable boxes hooked up to them!!!!

Related to Watch Netflix on Your TV with the Wii – Easy Setup & No Extra Cost

1. How do I connect my Wii to my TV to watch Netflix?

To connect your Wii to your TV, you will need an HDMI cable. Simply plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your Wii and the other end into the HDMI port on your TV. Then, change the input on your TV to the corresponding HDMI input.

2. Do I need to purchase any additional equipment to watch Netflix on my Wii?

No, you do not need to purchase any additional equipment. As long as you have a Wii and an HDMI cable, you can easily set up Netflix on your TV.

3. Can I use my existing Netflix account to watch on my Wii?

Yes, you can use your existing Netflix account to watch on your Wii. Simply log in with your account information on the Netflix channel on your Wii.

4. Are there any additional fees for watching Netflix on my Wii?

No, there are no additional fees for watching Netflix on your Wii. As long as you have a Netflix subscription, you can access it on your Wii without any extra cost.

5. Can I watch Netflix in HD on my Wii?

Yes, you can watch Netflix in HD on your Wii as long as you have a Wii that supports HD output and an HD TV. Make sure to also select the HD option in the Netflix video quality settings for the best viewing experience.

Back