• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Opportunity DVD not working on laptops and computers?

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with the opportunity CD that was distributed to attendees of a recent show. Some people are having a problem with the opportunity CD not playing on their laptops or computers.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Is anyone else having a problem with the opportunity CD on a laptop or computer? I played it on my DVD and it worked but on either laptops and computers it didn't work. HMMMMMMMMM??? Anyone else

Hi,
I tried it in my laptop also. NO Go. Maybe its only video dvd...

Well I planned on having people watch it from my lap top...these DVD is sort of point less. I guess they don't want us copying it.

Yeah, I probably think so. It cost about $6.00 for 5 on the supply order form.
I was thinking of taking it and using the host's dvd if she had one in the show area to play during drawing slips fill out.

That is fine..but I also planned on just having my lap top sitting in my area and having it playing so to having it locked so it can't play on lap tops it sort of frustratring. I understand I guess, but it will only be a matter of time until some says they know a way of unlocking it and have copies. I guess I understand.

I had it playing at last night's show -- and the past hostess that was there came up to me after the show wanting to seriously discuss signing!!!

I just have the hostess pop it in as people are arriving so they can watch it while I am setting up.

I had no clue DVDs could even be played on computers or laptops (totally clueless...used to be blonde - LOL)

It works on our desktop

I watched it on my computer. I'm TOTALLY computer illiterate (I always swore I'd never be one of those people, but I've gotten techno-lazy as I've gotten older...) but maybe it's that you don't have the right program to watch the DVD?

Oh! I'll have to check it in my laptop. I've got a bridal fair next weekend and I was planning to have it running.

I've used it on mine too and it was the first time I've watched a movie on it. Must be something to do with software.

works fine on my laptop!

I have been so swamped following up (like a good PC girl) that I haven't had time to watch it. My hubby put it in the computer to see it it would work and I saw the start so I knew it would work.

I have been a booking, packet making. getting the office organized fool lately

Cruising with the Pampered Chef in 2008!!!

Less the $500 from my next raise at 15K in sales

Are you ladies going to start putting these in your host packets and recruiting packets???

I am already thinking about my February supply order

My BF's Lap top and mine are loaded, (not meaning to sound snotty...LOL) we take them and use them for ever thing. I have never had this problem.Most DVD's play. I have watched movies and everything on it on planes etc. I was just wondering..especially if I planned to use them at bridal shows or at work for my work show. If you guys can use them, I'll have to take my lap top to my IT guys and have them figure it out.

Yes Carolyn ...of course. It is soooo useful to have them be used on the Lap tops for Vendor things, or at schools or bridal fairs. I can't see HO not letting us use them on our lap tops..that just wouldn't make sense.

I'll have them check it out.
Thanks you all..as usual. What would I do with out you!!! SMOOCHES!!

Carolyn thats great that someone liked the DVD and was gona sign. I of course was going to use the DVD in host packets. I think it will make a great IMPACT OBVISIOUSLY huh???? ADVANCED DIRECTOR coming up for you. HOORAYYY! I better get going and get to Future Director!!

Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to work this way? I would ve thought that a DVD like this would have a "continuous play" option (like my son's Thomas the Train dvd's!). I think it's a pain to have to select each individual video and then play it....good grief, they only play for a few minutes....is it me or is this the way it works?

I was looking for a "play all" option, too. It isn't there. We should probably call HO and request that it be added to the next revision.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing Linda! We ought to be able to just play the whole thing at once...

Jilleysue said:
My BF's Lap top and mine are loaded, (not meaning to sound snotty...LOL) we take them and use them for ever thing. I have never had this problem.Most DVD's play. I have watched movies and everything on it on planes etc. I was just wondering..especially if I planned to use them at bridal shows or at work for my work show. If you guys can use them, I'll have to take my lap top to my IT guys and have them figure it out.

Yes Carolyn ...of course. It is soooo useful to have them be used on the Lap tops for Vendor things, or at schools or bridal fairs. I can't see HO not letting us use them on our lap tops..that just wouldn't make sense.

I'll have them check it out.
Thanks you all..as usual. What would I do with out you!!! SMOOCHES!!

So you're saying the next time I am flying I can actually watch a MOVIE on my computer on the plane!?!?!?

Hahahaha, Yes Carolyn!!!!

Carolyn you are killing me!!

OMG - I am so clueless. So I can take one of our movie DVDs and just put it in the little sliding drive thing on my laptop?? How cool!
I have a show today but when I get back I am going to try it!

I am still waiting for my DVD!:(

Stupid Question.....Does the DVD come in the changeover kit or do I have to order it?

I think that they are talking about the packet that everyone got (except me) last week.

letscook04 said:
I think that they are talking about the packet that everyone got (except me) last week.
What packet?? :confused:

It came in a white 9 x 13 envelope and the tracker chart for the incentive trip came separate.

The DVD came in the new recruiting packet. I wish it had a play all selection too. I hate having to click on each individually and there are also 2 segments to choose from.

I would guess if your computer/laptop has a DVD player in it you can use it to view it. My computer has a DVD player so I didn't have that problem. I don't have a laptop.

Kristin if you didn't get it, like me. Call HO and they will send you one.

Last edited:
HAHAHA...yes Carolyn...if you can play DVD's on your laptop and I saw your lap top...it is a new DELL...which they load with DVD capabilities, you can watch any movie anytime anywhere...LOL. So when you take your lap top on a plane...yes the will allow you to plug in your earphones and movie watch away. Watch a movie in a hotel. Watch a movie in your car. Just rememeber to bring your charger. Amazing huh????
I love bringing new lite to your life...LOL Makes me happy. ; )

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I am so clueless. So I can take one of our movie DVDs and just put it in the little sliding drive thing on my laptop?? How cool!
I have a show today but when I get back I am going to try it!

You are sooo funny. You can play any movie on your laptop as long as it is the right formatting. As long as it is not an ancient laptop you should have no problem--most come with a Media Center also. On a plane; be cautious--they have rules--landing, take off ect...NO LAPTOPS or CELL PHONES.

Jilleysue said:
Is anyone else having a problem with the opportunity CD on a laptop or computer? I played it on my DVD and it worked but on either laptops and computers it didn't work. HMMMMMMMMM??? Anyone else

I had the same problem and I'm very disapointed. I wanted to take it to shows and maybe play some of it!:(

Mine worked fine! If only my battery lasted longer than 20 mins I would play it at my show!!

I definitely did not get this packet. Guess I will have to call HO. EERRGGHH!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SweetThang
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Jillmami
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • CAPCnewbie