• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Syncing P3 With Multiple Computers?

It updates the program on my laptop. The program is not individually installed on my desktop (I hope I am explaining this well) whatever I do on my desktop (in P3) is actually being performed on my laptop. You can install the program on your desktop and access it from your latop but I bring the laptop to my shows.
lindseystar
Gold Member
I have a couple computers that I have been using for my P3, I thought the web sync on P3 would sync with one, then I moved to the second computer and also sync'd, however, it only collaborated my contacts, not my shows.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm not aware of a sync option other than with your PWS. What are you doing? Computer #1>PWS, then PWS>Computer#2? Yes, that just does the open shows & contacts. If you have show #1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 8 on computer #1, and show #5, 7, 9 & 10 on computer #2, there is no way to join the data on one computer. You can only "restore from backup" which replaces the data with the last backup. :(

No, it's not possible. The sync option is only for carrying contacts from one to the other and orders from your PWS to you P3 for submission. If you want to run P3 on more than one computer you have to backup and restore each time.

I just had to do this. I had one show on my kids' laptop because my battery died on mine and I couldn't even get a back-up off of it first. So I had 1 show on my kids' laptop. Now my laptop completely crapped out on me so I need to use my kids' for awhile. I wanted to merge my P3s. It is not an available option currently. I do not understand why PC can't get that function up and running for us. It only makes sense!! Hopefully it will be coming soon.

I alternate almost everyday between my work computer and my laptop at home...basically if I make a change, I back it up. Then I restore it on the other computer so they are both up to date! That is the only way you can do it and keep all the info straight!

Sheila said:
I'm not aware of a sync option other than with your PWS. What are you doing? Computer #1>PWS, then PWS>Computer#2? Yes, that just does the open shows & contacts.

If you have show #1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 8 on computer #1, and show #5, 7, 9 & 10 on computer #2, there is no way to join the data on one computer. You can only "restore from backup" which replaces the data with the last backup. :(

That's exactly what I have. Shows 1 & 2 on my desktop, then I got a laptop and the rest of them are on there, but I would like to use both. :cry:

What about manually entering the info from the first 2? Or would I have to submit again for them to clear? That way, I could backup and restore in the future.

It really wouldn't take much for them to let us sync shows too. It already does contacts, so it would take a few extra lines of coding to sync the shows. Argh!

You might want to call HO and see what you can do about adding show 1 & 2 to your laptop Lindsey, then you can just back up the laptop and restore the whole thing to the desktop so that both are current......I am not sure how it would work to enter those old shows in though...???

HO will tell you to print off the show summaries from the computer you will no longer be using and manually enter the information into the computer you want to you. You don't have to worry about payment or anything, but at least the information will all be in one spot.

I am normally just a reader on this site but we recently had to replace our old networking router at our house. I had P3 installed as a shared program (on my laptop) so when I am at home on my desktop entering data I open the shared program. It updates the program on my laptop. The program is not individually installed on my desktop (I hope I am explaining this well) whatever I do on my desktop (in P3) is actually being performed on my laptop. You can install the program on your desktop and access it from your latop but I bring the laptop to my shows. I am not a computer person so I do not know how to set this up but it is the way we have done it.

Amyskitchen2 said:
I am normally just a reader on this site but we recently had to replace our old networking router at our house. I had P3 installed as a shared program (on my laptop) so when I am at home on my desktop entering data I open the shared program. It updates the program on my laptop. The program is not individually installed on my desktop (I hope I am explaining this well) whatever I do on my desktop (in P3) is actually being performed on my laptop. You can install the program on your desktop and access it from your latop but I bring the laptop to my shows. I am not a computer person so I do not know how to set this up but it is the way we have done it.

Sounds like you are just sharing it on your home network. (A way to access your main computer from a remote location.) I know how to do that!
It never did dawn on me though! I want to get a good strategy in before there is too much data to manually enter in case I need to do that when I get it figured out!

Thanks for bringing it up, maybe I'll just do that! :D

I use P3 on two computers, without the added hassle of a jump stick.I use a service called dropboxyou can check it out and see a video. try this linkhttp://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTYwMjI0NTk5if that doesn't work, check out dropbox.comIt's a place you can store stuff online. I used it all the way through my online degree. You have a secure password and user name, and you can 1) access stuff from other computers if you need to, but what's really good for this discussion is that 2) you can use it as a file on your computer as a destination. Install Dropbox (it's free) on all the computers you will be using regularly. We'll talk about 2, Computer A and B, but it would work with more.In my case, it's in my documents folder. So each time P3 (or the next time) is backed up, it asks you where to store it.
  • Tell P3 to store it in the Dropbox. unless you change it, it will keep storing it there.
  • Once you back it up to the drop box from one computer, go to the other computer (B) and restore it with the file in the drop box.
  • Run a back up from B so you can tell B to store the back ups in the drop box, too.
  • To be safe, I back-up P3 each time I am about to close it, and restore each time I open it. THis way I don't have to keep track of which one I used last. P3 gives the files names that include date and time, so you can always tell the most recent. when I get 5-6 back ups built up, I delete all but the most recent.
  • once you install it, it all just happens sort of automatically, just back up and restore.
I've been doing this since I started PC, and as I say, for a couple of years as I worked on my master's, with no problems. I love it, it's free, it works great.I don't use it to share files with others, but you can use it to share files (that YOU choose) with your team or family.

lindseystar said:
That's exactly what I have. Shows 1 & 2 on my desktop, then I got a laptop and the rest of them are on there, but I would like to use both. :cry:

What about manually entering the info from the first 2? Or would I have to submit again for them to clear? That way, I could backup and restore in the future.

It really wouldn't take much for them to let us sync shows too. It already does contacts, so it would take a few extra lines of coding to sync the shows. Argh!

No!!! Do not submit again or you'll be charging all the cards a 2nd time & having the orders shipped a 2nd time!!!

Added note: If you re-enter all the orders on the new computer, you have to really concentrate & don't accidentally re-submit those shows! ;)

There really should be a way to grab all the shows off the old computer & add them to the file on the new computer, but I looked today & can't find a way to do it. The corporate tech guys could probably do it, but I doubt that they have the time to sit & do that for multiple consultants. :(

BlueMoon said:
I use P3 on two computers, without the added hassle of a jump stick.

I use a service called dropbox

you can check it out and see a video. try this linkhttp://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTYwMjI0NTk5

if that doesn't work, check out dropbox.com

It's a place you can store stuff online. I used it all the way through my online degree. You have a secure password and user name, and you can 1) access stuff from other computers if you need to, but what's really good for this discussion is that 2) you can use it as a file on your computer as a destination.

Install Dropbox (it's free) on all the computers you will be using regularly. We'll talk about 2, Computer A and B, but it would work with more.

In my case, it's in my documents folder. So each time P3 (or the next time) is backed up, it asks you where to store it.
  • Tell P3 to store it in the Dropbox. unless you change it, it will keep storing it there.
  • Once you back it up to the drop box from one computer, go to the other computer (B) and restore it with the file in the drop box.
  • Run a back up from B so you can tell B to store the back ups in the drop box, too.
  • To be safe, I back-up P3 each time I am about to close it, and restore each time I open it. THis way I don't have to keep track of which one I used last. P3 gives the files names that include date and time, so you can always tell the most recent. when I get 5-6 back ups built up, I delete all but the most recent.
  • once you install it, it all just happens sort of automatically, just back up and restore.

I've been doing this since I started PC, and as I say, for a couple of years as I worked on my master's, with no problems. I love it, it's free, it works great.

I don't use it to share files with others, but you can use it to share files (that YOU choose) with your team or family.

I am also working my Master's, I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!

Sheila said:
No!!! Do not submit again or you'll be charging all the cards a 2nd time & having the orders shipped a 2nd time!!!

Yeah, I figured it would. That's why I didn't. ;) I don't know how to get them to close out without submitting. Seems to me they would always have the red marker next to them. My OCD can't handle that.

1. How do I sync my P3 with multiple computers?

To sync your P3 with multiple computers, you will need to download the Pampered Chef Sync software on each computer and follow the prompts to connect your P3 device. Once connected, any changes made on one computer will automatically update on all other synced computers.

2. Can I sync my P3 with both a PC and a Mac?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Sync software is compatible with both PC and Mac computers. Simply download the appropriate version for each computer and follow the same syncing process.

3. Do I need an internet connection to sync my P3 with multiple computers?

Yes, an internet connection is required to sync your P3 with multiple computers. This allows the software to transfer data and updates between devices in real-time.

4. Will syncing my P3 with multiple computers affect my data or settings?

No, syncing your P3 with multiple computers will not affect your data or settings. All data and settings are stored on the P3 device itself, so any changes made on one computer will simply update on the other synced computers.

5. Can I sync my P3 with more than two computers?

Yes, you can sync your P3 with as many computers as needed. Simply follow the same syncing process on each additional computer you wish to connect to your P3 device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melleemak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • robochick84
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • winklermom