• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad Issues!

10 minutes or so?I put the potatoes in the DCB and added the 4 cups of water. I cooked it for 10 minutes.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made this for dinner tonight and had a couple issues. One the microcooker boiled over multiple times in the microwave. Helped to clean out the microwave but not to cook the potatoes. Two the amount of lemon pepper seasoning they say to use is WAY too much! It overloaded the recipe and made it almost unedible! It was really bad! The potatoes also ended up over cooked so rather than mixing nicely it almost turned into potato salad!

This was a nice recipe, I would consider it for a show demo but I don't want to lug around the grill pan. I would consider making it again but cutting back on the spice alot.

I agree with the pan part. i am going to be making this at my next show so I figured I would cheat and get the pre-cooked sliced chicken from the deli/meat area and just season with the whole thing.

kewlchika said:
I agree with the pan part. i am going to be making this at my next show so I figured I would cheat and get the pre-cooked sliced chicken from the deli/meat area and just season with the whole thing.

I thought about that too. Or you can ask your host to precook the chicken breast and just warm them up.

I like to drag my grill pan because when I use it I end up selling them....and boy they push up a shows totals fast!

What about offering to make the chicken in advance? That said, it's good to bring pans and demonstrate them.

Why not try the rice cooker plus for the potatoes?

Cook the chicken in the DCB in the microwave as part of the demo to show the baker. Or cook the potatoes in the DCB in the microwave.

PCJenni said:
Cook the chicken in the DCB in the microwave as part of the demo to show the baker. Or cook the potatoes in the DCB in the microwave.

Probably not what you are "supposed to do" when it comes to cross contamination, etc..... but I ALWAYS cook meat and potatoes or meat and veggies together in the DCB at the same time at home when I cook.

robochick84 said:
Probably not what you are "supposed to do" when it comes to cross contamination, etc..... but I ALWAYS cook meat and potatoes or meat and veggies together in the DCB at the same time at home when I cook.

As long as you're cooking it to a proper temp, and not eating it raw, you're just fine cooking veggies with your meat.

I absolutely love this recipe and I plan to make it for my March shows. I did use the DCB to cook the potatoes. I love my DCB and I have to use it! Also, I do not have a grill pan so I use the large bar pan and baked the chicken with the seasoning. I do plan to get the grill pan to show at parties. If you don't show the more spendy items it is hard to sell them. I did not find the Seasoning overwhelming, are you sure you added the right amount?

I meant use the DCB to either cook the meat or potatoes, not together. But I have to use the DCB at every show. It is always one of my top selling products, it books shows for me and I have 4 recruits this month because of it!!! Use it, it will change your business.

cookingwithlove said:
I absolutely love this recipe and I plan to make it for my March shows. I did use the DCB to cook the potatoes. I love my DCB and I have to use it! Also, I do not have a grill pan so I use the large bar pan and baked the chicken with the seasoning. I do plan to get the grill pan to show at parties. If you don't show the more spendy items it is hard to sell them. I did not find the Seasoning overwhelming, are you sure you added the right amount?

I was wondering if I used too much but it's a Tablespoon each on the chicken and in the sauce right? That's what I used.

That's what it called for but the next time we make it, we will cut it down LOTS! In fact, we never put the "sauce" over it and it was still too powerful!

pcchefjane said:
That's what it called for but the next time we make it, we will cut it down LOTS! In fact, we never put the "sauce" over it and it was still too powerful!

That's what I was thinking!

For those of you who do the potatoes in the DCB, do you put the 4 cups water in it and how long do you cook it? For those who do the potatoes and chicken at the same time, what do you do? This may be a great recipe to show off the DCB if that works.

I just did the potatoes in the DCB. I did put 4 cooks of water in the baker and I put the lid on and cooked it for the designated time.

If you feel that it is too much seasoning, then skip rubbing the chicken with seasoning, the "sauce" is really a salad dressing you could serve this on the side and let people put as much or as little as they want. Also slice the chicken thin against the grain so it mixes in with the rest of the salad. This will distribute the seasoning better.

i made this last night and thought it was awesome! I cooked the potatoes in the large micro cooker and didn't have a problem with water boiling over. I did stop it 2 times in the 13 min. cook time to stir the potatoes around, so that may have helped. I don't think I shouold have let it go the full 13 minutes, because the potatoes were a little mushy and smashed a couple when i stirred them up. But, overall very good and will definite be making this at home and at shows!

I made this for my cluster meeting with a few modifications:

* Used the "chef's tips" for the dressing ... 1/2 a lemon zested yields 1 tsp. of zest and 2 tbs. of juice ... probably more if I'd squeezed harder. And the microplane ... every time I zest a lemon I sell one. People can smell the lemon ... and which would you rather sell? a $26.50 item or a $4.25 item?

* I used the micro cooker to cook the peas and the potatoes b/c of the boil-over issues. I cooked it for 16 minutes just in case.

* Forgot the garlic. Ooops!

* The STUPID chicken! Got it from Angel Food. Turns out it was chicken THIGHS! I don't eat dark meat. Gross! Wish I'd known!

* Artichoke hearts? How absolutely GROSS! I put them on the side b/c I refused to ruin the salad. I couldn't even stand the smell of them!

Overall ... used more than $600 in tools. (including modifications afore mentioned ... plus the grill press, bamboo spoons, turner and whisk.) Would have used more if I'd had PC measuring spoons, cups and small batter bowl. Not a very pricey recipe for hosts. If they like lemon, it would be good.

I used the rice cooker plus, don't know why they want to place 4 cups of water in, I just steamed the potatoes for about 8 minutes, they were done perfect. Followed the rest of the recipe and it was really really good. I did the dish in just under 30 min.
Did the potatoes first, got the chicken cooking, did the pepper and red onion. Found the red onion very strong, soaked in ice water till needed. Pulled the potatoes out, added the frozen peas in the cooker and back in the microwave for 3 min. Made the dressing, cut the chicken and placed everything in a large silver bowl. It was really good.
Have the large bamboo coming to serve this from.
Oh and I used chicken tenders because they were on sale.
Drag that grill pan with you, big ticket item and with summer coming up it will have lots of uses!

The consultant who made this for our meeting sauteed the pepper and onion a bit - so they were cooked, but still crunchy. That was very good, and the way I'll make it myself.

You can measure the 4 cups of water in a small batter bowl if you have one, I guess. I used my own 4 cup measuring cup. If you're at a show, I would simply have the water in the rice cooker to start with and then add the potatoes, explaining that there's water in there.Never thought about sauteeing those onions, but I would do that for sure ... AND use a sweet onion. Hate the red kind.Roomie said it was WAY too much lemon. Funny. I didn't notice that at the meeting but did notice it after the leftovers had been sitting in the stainless bowl. I don't know if it's the bowl or the marinade process, but it did not taste that way at the meeting.

1. How do I make the lemon pepper chicken for the salad?

To make the lemon pepper chicken, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lemon pepper seasoning, and olive oil. Simply coat the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning and cook them in a skillet with olive oil until they are fully cooked.

2. Can I use a different type of chicken for this salad?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked chicken for this salad, such as grilled or roasted chicken. Just make sure to season it with lemon pepper seasoning for the best flavor.

3. How long will the chicken salad last in the fridge?

The chicken salad will last for 3-4 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to refrigerate any leftover chicken separately from the salad to maintain its freshness.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the salad?

Yes, you can add any additional ingredients you like to this salad, such as avocado, cherry tomatoes, or red onion. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces and mix them in with the rest of the salad ingredients.

5. Can I use a different type of dressing for this salad?

Yes, you can use any type of dressing you prefer for this salad. However, the lemon pepper chicken pairs best with a light vinaigrette dressing, such as a lemon or balsamic vinaigrette.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mmilus