• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe: Cooking Artichokes for the Perfect Salad

In summary, to prepare the artichokes for the salad, trim the top and stem and remove tough outer leaves, trim thorns and scoop out the fuzzy choke. Frozen artichokes can be used if thawed. To make the lemon pepper chicken, season and cook chicken breast, then slice and add to the salad. The dressing is a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and honey. Adjust ingredients to taste. The salad can be made ahead of time by prepping ingredients separately and tossing together before serving.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
A consultant was asking about the artichokes. She was wondering about cooking the artichokes, the recipe doesn't call for it but she thought it was weird having this little cold things in the salad.

I have made this recipe a few times now and I do not cook them. You use them at room temperature (straight from the jar/can).

I've never cooked the artichokes, but I do saute the onion and pepper for just a bit (you want them still crunchy in the salad!) - it takes away the bite, makes them sweeter, and I think makes the salad taste even better!

1. How do I prepare the artichokes for the salad?

The first step is to trim the top and stem of the artichokes, then remove any tough outer leaves. Next, use a pairing knife to trim the sharp thorns off the remaining leaves. Finally, use a spoon to scoop out the fuzzy choke in the center of the artichoke.

2. Can I use frozen artichokes for this recipe?

While fresh artichokes are recommended for the best flavor and texture, frozen artichokes can also be used in a pinch. Just be sure to thaw them completely before cooking.

3. How do I make the lemon pepper chicken for the salad?

To make the lemon pepper chicken, simply season chicken breast with lemon pepper seasoning and cook in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing and adding to the salad.

4. How do I make the dressing for the salad?

The dressing for this salad is a simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and honey. Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl or shake them in a jar until well combined. You can adjust the quantities of each ingredient to suit your taste.

5. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time by prepping all the ingredients and keeping them separate until ready to serve. The dressing can also be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to serve, simply toss everything together and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pcemilynenid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies