• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Help

In summary, to make Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, you will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of hot water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts, and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. You can make some substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences, such as using almond milk, gluten-free flour, or coconut sugar. To
Kathytnt
I am having difficulty finding hazelnuts at the store - The Nutella already has hazelnut in it - Any suggestions on subs for the nuts that get grated???

Maybe use almonds?

Any nutI am sure you can use any type of nut. After you grind them up, it's hard to tell anyway.
Peanuts, Almonds, pecans, walnuts

Whatever your store has in stock.

Debbie :D

I did use peanust once you could taste tehm. BUT I do use pecans or walnuts all the time - they are cheaper :D

I would say almonds or pecans would "match" the best!

I always substitute pecans for the hazelnuts. It turns out great.

In my store (Jewel/Albertsons) you can get Hazelnuts (also known as Filberts) with all the other nuts in the baking aisle.

You can also sub pecans.

I thought I was the only person with this problem. I've been looking for months for Hazelnuts at 3 different stores and haven't been able to find them. (You know how hard it's been to stay out of that jar of Nutella?!?!?)

Its great how sometimes they are called hazelnuts and other times they are called filberts.

When I used to make this cake at my shows, that's one of the tips that I would tell people...that a Filbert id a Hazelnut. Hardly anyone knows that. I found out because I was looking for them, and couldn't find them. I looked at a can of Planters mixed nuts and on the back, it said Hazelnuts (filberts). WOW! I was surprised. But, that's a good tip to share. (and that cake is SOOOO yummy!)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?

To make Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, you will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of hot water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts, and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. You can use almond milk instead of regular milk, gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour, or coconut sugar instead of white sugar. However, these substitutions may slightly alter the taste and texture of the cake.

3. How do I make sure the cake comes out moist and not dry?

To ensure a moist cake, do not overmix the batter, as this can cause the cake to become dense and dry. Also, make sure to not overbake the cake. The toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few crumbs, not completely clean. Lastly, make sure to add the hot water to the batter as directed, as this helps keep the cake moist.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. You can bake the cake and keep it covered at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the baked cake for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let the cake come to room temperature and warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make this cake?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make this cake. You will need a mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, and an 8-inch baking pan. You can also use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make the process easier, but it is not necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedByJulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
  • Cindy Landon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
amyv
Replies