• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegetarian Recipe Dilemma: Can You Help?

In that case, I want to offer you the option to cancel the show. But I think you'll be happy you made the choice to come by. In summary, The hostess said she wasn't excited about the free tools, so the business owner offered her the option to cancel the show.
kisrae
Gold Member
I have a hostess who is vegitarian. So I took all my cookbooks over to her to see if we could choose a recipe. Well everything we had she said not to.
I'm a little frustrated with her. She was telling..."well don't be upset if no one buys anything I'm telling people to just come over to eat." When I told her I'm only going to to one recipe she looked up set. Then she said "I hope you don't get mad if I cancel because if I don't like the recipe I'll have to cancel the show." So I told her that if she was unsure about anything that she could just invite her guest over and have a girls night and look at the catalog and see if anyone wanted to place an order. Then she gave me this crazy look and said "you want me to collect the orders?" I just told her that it was an opption. Long story short I want to cancel on her. BUt dont' have the guts.

What should I do? Does anyone have any recipes that have no bread no eggs no meat/fish and is not sweet but has to be spicy. This is what she is looking for.
Thanks for the help.

kisrae said:
..... She was telling..."well don't be upset if no one buys anything I'm telling people to just come over to eat." When I told her I'm only going to to one recipe she looked up set. ........

I think she wants a caterer....

kisrae said:
I have a hostess who is vegitarian. So I took all my cookbooks over to her to see if we could choose a recipe. Well everything we had she said not to.
I'm a little frustrated with her. She was telling..."well don't be upset if no one buys anything I'm telling people to just come over to eat." When I told her I'm only going to to one recipe she looked up set. Then she said "I hope you don't get mad if I cancel because if I don't like the recipe I'll have to cancel the show." So I told her that if she was unsure about anything that she could just invite her guest over and have a girls night and look at the catalog and see if anyone wanted to place an order. Then she gave me this crazy look and said "you want me to collect the orders?" I just told her that it was an opption. Long story short I want to cancel on her. BUt dont' have the guts.

What should I do? Does anyone have any recipes that have no bread no eggs no meat/fish and is not sweet but has to be spicy. This is what she is looking for.
Thanks for the help.

With this phrase also, I agree with Linda!

Wow - that is the host from you know where - How about making some fruit and veggie platters - cutting and stuff using our products - some drinks with the QSP -

Remind her - we aren't catering your event - we are selling kitchen products and ideas to make life in the kitchen easier - and although she has restrictions, its not all about her - its about her guests - that is what entertaining is!

I went with the fruit. She turned it down. Most of the time I can make something work. But shes not easy.

Ida - sounds like she wants out - give her the opportunity to bow our gracefully - if not - do it yourself - not worth the stress - if she wants the products free - she has to bend a little -

This is your business - you have gone over and above to accomodate -

You could always go and do a potato demo to show off tools, and pass around a bowl with the salad chopper salsa so there's a snack.

Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Do an interactive show and let them try the tools (borrow the S/B Spinner if you don't have). It should go fairly quickly and they will find things that they want to buy. . .even if your host is a butthead.

This is what I would say: "___________________ (her name), I am looking forward to meeting your friends and family. But it's important to me that you understand that is a business for me, and it is my job. I am happy to demo a recipe to show our amazing tools, and I am happy to provide you with catlogs, etc., so that people can come and browse that evening, but this is my business, and it is my job to sell kitchen tools. Now, the cool advantage to that is that YOU get so many new tools for YOUR kitchen absolutely free when we close your show out, depending on where the sales are. If you honestly are not sure that any of your friends are interested in purchasing tools, then I will need to pass and pursue a show with another host that evening."

I think cardboard with hot sauce would do!!! But seriously, I would bring a bunch of vegetables and show how the tools work. There's a great recipe in All The Best called Garden Dip that features a lot of tools. The recipe has cream cheese and milk in it. (some vegans don't do any animal products), but see what she thinks. Let her know that your focus is on the tools, not the recipe, to help her earn the products she wants. What does she want?

Picky, picky

Last edited:
I forgot, add our new chipotle. She wants it hot!

I like the potato demo show. I'll suggust that tomorrow. If she says no to that then I'll use the nancy said. Maybe that will change the way things are going. Thanks you all.

I would go with Nancy's and tell her to pick a recipe from the Season's Best that she revises herself. I had a vegan host a couple of years ago, and she was MUCH more accommodating than your girl!! She wanted the products to make her vegan meals, so focus on that with her - our products will help her prepare delicious vegetarian meals easily - but keep the focus on your JOB and the PRODUCTS, not the recipe. When the show is all about the recipe, it's not always the ideal situation.

I think just making fresh salsa (or pico di gallo) with the salad chopper would be great. Won't show a ton of tools but you use batter bowls or use stainless bowls instead, salad chopper, garlic press, citrus press, (make it hot with chipotle), scrapers, cutting board, knives. Cut up some veggies to go with using crinkle cutter, mandoline, chopper. Or, tell her to prepare any food she would like ahead of time that she can eat and you will bring dessert for her guests. (easy trifle recipe, or micro cake) Maybe put her on the spot a bit and see what tools interest her or what she would like for free. Then re-explain how she can get those items free. Sometimes hosts JUST DON'T GET IT!!! Or maybe she just wants a caterer like someone said. If she says she's not really interested in anything use the line from above. That's great! Let us know how it turns out! I'm very interested to hear about this one.

What about the Asian Spring Rolls in the "Its Good For You" cookbook. I've been eyeing these up because they look so yummy and they have a dipping sauce that may satisfy her selfish food desires....

Everyone has given great advice. Let us know what happened with PITA Host.

i cannot WAIT to see how this pans out...

kisrae said:
... Does anyone have any recipes that have no bread no eggs no meat/fish and is not sweet but has to be spicy. This is what she is looking for. ...

And now she's saying "no" to veggies?

I'd throw the ball back in her court with something like "I'm sorry, but I'm stumped. Maybe if you gave me some ideas of what you would like to see, I could help you better ...?" Then sit there in silence until she comes up with something. :p

OK, I just posted about the yummy Mexican Trifle Salad we had at our cluster meeting the other night, and I think it would work here, too, provided the host eats cheese. Here it is:Corn Bread:
1 box jiffy corn bread mix
1 4 oz can green chiles undrained
1/8 t garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic (or more)
Mix together and bake in mini baker for 20 mins at 400 degrees (before guests arrive)Salsa Layer:
15 oz can of pinto beans
15 oz can of whole kernel corn
1 large tomato
1 large green or red pepper
1 medium onionStrain beans and corn with can strainer, and dump into bowl. Chop tomato, pepper and onion with whatever tools you have and prefer, and mix it all together.Dressing:
1 C lite mayo
1C light sour cream
1 pck Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
Mix and set aside.OR use the Southwestern Dip on the Southwestern Seasoning bottle.Other layers:
2 C shredded cheese
6-8 slices bacon fried crisp or 2 C cooked chicken (obviously just skip this layer for the vegetarian host.)Assemble:
Layer 1: 1/2 crumbled corn bread mix in the bottom of the trifle bowl.
Layer 2: 1/2 Salsa
Layer 3: meat
Layer 4: dressing
Layer 5: 1/2 cheese
Repeat Layers.
On top, use EAD to decorate with sour cream or second half of dressing. Keeps well and can be made ahead of time. Serve with Scoops. I am thinking of serving this for dinner tonight in taco shells, too. Maybe this would work??

I just got off the phone and before I could say hello. She said "oh I was about to call you, I'm sorry I can't do the show after all."
I asked her if I could ask her why and she said "Its just not going to work."
Oh well. At least it wasn't the day of the show.
Thanks you all.

Well, at least that headache is out of the way!

My DB and SIL are Vegans - no meat, no eggs, no cheese, no leather, no animal products at all. I am really glad that they haven't asked me to do a show. My SIL is militant about keeping her food segregated from everyone else's. Don't even think about putting the lid from your greenbreans (that were cooked in fat) on top of her vegan beans. I do not want to stereotype but this host sounds familiar. . .

kisrae said:
I just got off the phone and before I could say hello. She said "oh I was about to call you, I'm sorry I can't do the show after all."
I asked her if I could ask her why and she said "Its just not going to work."
Oh well. At least it wasn't the day of the show.
Thanks you all.

Sounds like she really didn't want to do it anyway. Well, now you can focus your energy on hosts who really do want to host a show.

Related to Vegetarian Recipe Dilemma: Can You Help?

1. Can you suggest some vegetarian recipes that are easy to make?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian recipes that are quick and easy to make. Some popular options include vegetable stir fry, lentil soup, and stuffed peppers. You can find these recipes and more on our website or in our vegetarian cookbook.

2. Are there any substitutes for meat in vegetarian recipes?

Absolutely! There are many great plant-based alternatives to meat that can be used in vegetarian recipes. Some popular options include tofu, tempeh, and seitan. These ingredients can be used to create dishes with a similar texture and flavor to meat.

3. How can I make sure my vegetarian meals are still nutritious?

It's important to have a well-rounded vegetarian diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein sources. You can ensure your meals are nutritious by incorporating a range of colorful and nutrient-rich ingredients into your recipes.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products for vegetarian cooking?

Absolutely! Our products are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking needs, including vegetarian recipes. For example, our baking stones are perfect for roasting vegetables, and our food chopper can easily chop up ingredients for vegetarian dishes.

5. How can I make my vegetarian meals more flavorful?

There are many ways to add flavor to vegetarian dishes. You can use herbs and spices, experiment with different sauces and marinades, and incorporate umami-rich ingredients like mushrooms or soy sauce. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new flavor combinations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • lt1jane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • Leanna