• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup

In summary, the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup is a vegetarian-friendly soup that contains butternut squash, V8 vegetable juice, chicken broth, onion, garlic, and a blend of herbs and spices. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months and takes only 30 minutes to prepare, making it a convenient meal option. Additionally, it is gluten-free, but it's important to check the labels of the specific ingredients used.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the V8 Butternut Squash soup? I love Butternut Squash soup, but I just don't have the time to make it.

One of my friends in high school had a Mustang with a V8 that was souped up. Does that count?

C'mon KG, I'm trying to be cereal! LOL

Well, his V8 was high in carbs.

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried it and it was a good canned/packaged soup.

Hi Anne, I tried it and didn't really care for it. I thought is too salty, overpriced, and overall just okay.

Below is a short-cut recipe that only takes about 15-20 mintues. It's from my all-time favorite cookbook: How to Cook Without a Book by Pam Anderson (not that Pam Anderson). Offerring it up in the hopes it proves a doable option for you.

Bring 2 cups chicken broth along with any dried herb or spice you want (I use 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger) to a simmer over medium heat.

While the broth is heating up, cut up 1 medium onion and/or 3 medium garlic cloves and add to the simmering broth.

Peel, remove seeds, and cut up a pound of butternut squash. Add to the simmering broth as well.

Cover and simmer about 10 minutes ('til veggies are tender).

Take off heat (cool slightly) and add 1 cup milk or half-n-half. Puree with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender or food processor and puree in that).

Season with salt and pepper to taste and return to heat..until starts to bubble. Makes 4 one cup servings.

This recipe is a basic formula that you can make substituting potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, winter squash, cauliflower, or broccoli. Season with your spices of choice.

leggy

What are the ingredients in the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup?

The Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup contains butternut squash, V8 vegetable juice, chicken broth, onion, garlic, and a blend of herbs and spices.

Is the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup is suitable for vegetarians as it does not contain any meat or meat-based products.

Can I freeze the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup for later use?

Yes, the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.

How long does it take to prepare the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup?

The Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup can be prepared in just 30 minutes, making it a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights.

Is the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup gluten-free?

Yes, the Tasty, Time-Saving V8 Butternut Squash Soup is gluten-free. However, always check the labels of the specific ingredients used to ensure they are gluten-free as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956