1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: V8 Soups?

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Has anyone tried the V8 Butternut Squash soup? I love Butternut Squash soup, but I just don't have the time to make it.

Oct 3, 2009
  2. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

One of my friends in high school had a Mustang with a V8 that was souped up. Does that count?

3. AJPratt

C'mon KG, I'm trying to be cereal! LOL

Oct 3, 2009
  4. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Well, his V8 was high in carbs.

5. AJPratt

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 3, 2009
  6. Maragib

Maragib Member

I have tried it and it was a good canned/packaged soup.

Oct 4, 2009
  7. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Hi Anne, I tried it and didn't really care for it. I thought is too salty, overpriced, and overall just okay.

Below is a short-cut recipe that only takes about 15-20 mintues. It's from my all-time favorite cookbook: How to Cook Without a Book by Pam Anderson (not that Pam Anderson). Offerring it up in the hopes it proves a doable option for you.

Bring 2 cups chicken broth along with any dried herb or spice you want (I use 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger) to a simmer over medium heat.

While the broth is heating up, cut up 1 medium onion and/or 3 medium garlic cloves and add to the simmering broth.

Peel, remove seeds, and cut up a pound of butternut squash. Add to the simmering broth as well.

Cover and simmer about 10 minutes ('til veggies are tender).

Take off heat (cool slightly) and add 1 cup milk or half-n-half. Puree with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender or food processor and puree in that).

Season with salt and pepper to taste and return to heat..until starts to bubble. Makes 4 one cup servings.

This recipe is a basic formula that you can make substituting potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, winter squash, cauliflower, or broccoli. Season with your spices of choice.

leggy

Oct 4, 2009
Have something to add?