• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Mac for pp+: Tips & Advice

In summary, Bootcamp is a software that allows you to run Windows on your Mac, and Parallels is a software that allows you to run Windows on your PC. Both of these programs require a copy of Windows and will require you to reboot your Mac every time you run Windows.
Becky0216
Does anyone here use a Mac computer for their PP+? I have a recurit signing this Sunday and she only has a Mac. I figure this would be the best place to ask, cause my director isn't sure. If you can do it, how...

No you canont. But you can run Bootcamp or Parrallel on a Mac and run P3 through Windows that way.

never heard of bootcamp or Parrallel. Where do I get that?

If she got her computer after November 1st 2007, the MAC comes loaded with bootcamp. That's what I have on mine.I've never used parallels so I'm not sure about that... Ann?With bootcamp, she'll need a copy of Windows XP... I got mine at Office Depot. She'll partition her hard drive (I did 10%), load windows on and then load on P3. It was really easy to do and that's how I use P3 on my MAC.She CAN use P3 on MAC... she'll just need a Windows platform to do it as P3 does not run on MAC OS.

Becky0216 said:
never heard of bootcamp or Parrallel. Where do I get that?

In order to use P3, you will need to have your own copy of the windows operating system to install on your mac. I ordered mine from newegg.com for about $85 and free shipping.

In order to install windows, you will need either Bootcamp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion. With Bootcamp, you'll need to reboot your Mac every time you run Windows, which can get annoying if you want to switch between each OS.
Bootcamp is a free download from apple.com. I used bootcamp, but I hated rebooting every time. So, I use VMWare Fusion now. They are software programs that cost about $80, but it opens windows in a new window so that you can use both OS at the same time. I highly recommend one of these. I think VM is better though because it doesn't slow down my computer like I've known Parallels to do for some. You can get these programs anywhere you buy software: Bestbuy, Amazon.com, and the Apple Store. They are priced the same everywhere.

I took Keith's (leftymac) advice, & I used VMWareFusion. I like it, & bought the Windows Home disc from newegg. It works just like a Mac. I am on a 30 day trial with the VMWare, & will purchase it once my days are up!! Much cheaper than having to get a cheapy PC/Laptop

leftymac said:
In order to use P3, you will need to have your own copy of the windows operating system to install on your mac. I ordered mine from newegg.com for about $85 and free shipping.

In order to install windows, you will need either Bootcamp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion. With Bootcamp, you'll need to reboot your Mac every time you run Windows, which can get annoying if you want to switch between each OS.
Bootcamp is a free download from apple.com. I used bootcamp, but I hated rebooting every time. So, I use VMWare Fusion now. They are software programs that cost about $80, but it opens windows in a new window so that you can use both OS at the same time. I highly recommend one of these. I think VM is better though because it doesn't slow down my computer like I've known Parallels to do for some. You can get these programs anywhere you buy software: Bestbuy, Amazon.com, and the Apple Store. They are priced the same everywhere.
Hijack...

Apparently I didn't learn too much in French class! I can make out some of the words in your signature and others I know look familiar but don't remember what they mean.

End Hijack...

Interesting thing about VMWare Fusion. Might have to look into it when I get my lap top.

PC For Me 2 Move Out said:
I took Keith's (leftymac) advice, & I used VMWareFusion. I like it, & bought the Windows Home disc from newegg. It works just like a Mac. I am on a 30 day trial with the VMWare, & will purchase it once my days are up!! Much cheaper than having to get a cheapy PC/Laptop

Aww..glad I could be of help!

wadesgirl said:
Hijack...

Apparently I didn't learn too much in French class! I can make out some of the words in your signature and others I know look familiar but don't remember what they mean.

End Hijack...

Interesting thing about VMWare Fusion. Might have to look into it when I get my lap top.

Here is a summary of them...they lose something in the translation.
"L'homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux." (La Société Honoraire de Français)
The person who knows two languages is worth two people
"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur; l'essentiel est invisible aux yeux." (Saint-Exupéry)
One only sees rightly with the heart; the essential is invisible to the eyes
"J'accuse!" (Zola)
I accuse! (dorky historical reference)
"Je pense, donc je suis." (Descartes)
I think, therefore I am.
"Nos vertus ne sont, le plus souvent, que des vices déguisés." (La Rochefoucauld)
Our virtues, more often than not, are only vices in disguise.

BootCamp is no longer a free download from Apple.com. It's now part of the operating system, but only 10.5 (the latest).I have Boot Camp and Parallels installed on my Mac, and use both, depending on what I'm doing. If I'm getting set for a long P3 session, then I boot into Boot Camp. If I'm going into P3 to check something or do a quickie order, then I start up Parallels. Running Parallels (or Fusion) will allow you to have other Mac programs open at the same time. HOWEVER-- the tech guys at Leadership did say that they do NOT recommend cutting and pasting from P3 into Mac-native programs as it will eventually break P3. The Tech department is working on a Mac version of P3, but it won't be available for general use for more than a year, probably 2 years.

Thanks for all the help. I will pass this on to my recruit. I hope I don't scare her off with the info:)

Related to Using a Mac for pp+: Tips & Advice

1. How do I download the Pampered Chef software on my Mac?

To download the Pampered Chef software on your Mac, simply go to the App Store and search for "Pampered Chef Consultant's Corner." Click on the "Get" button to start the download and installation process. Once it is downloaded, you can open the app and log in with your consultant ID and password.

2. Can I use the Pampered Chef software on multiple Mac devices?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef software on multiple Mac devices as long as you are logging in with the same consultant ID and password. This allows you to access your account and orders from any of your Mac devices.

3. How do I create a party or event on the Pampered Chef software using my Mac?

To create a party or event on the Pampered Chef software on your Mac, log in to your account and click on the "Parties & Events" tab. Then, click on the "Create Party/Event" button and follow the prompts to enter the necessary information. You can also customize your party or event by adding a theme, date, and time.

4. Is it possible to import contacts from my Mac to the Pampered Chef software?

Yes, you can import contacts from your Mac to the Pampered Chef software. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Contacts" tab. Then, click on the "Import Contacts" button and follow the instructions to import your contacts from your Mac's address book.

5. How do I track my orders and sales on the Pampered Chef software using my Mac?

To track your orders and sales on the Pampered Chef software on your Mac, log in to your account and click on the "Orders" tab. Here, you can view your open orders, order history, and sales information. You can also filter your orders by date, customer name, and order status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • missyciccolella
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • babywings76