• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uses of Old Items: Creative Repurposing Ideas

In summary, the Quikut pairing knife sells for $1.25 and is a great box cutter, scraper, and can remove labels from cans and jars. It is also a handy little knife you'll want to order 4 or 5 to make sure there is always one ready when you need it.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I need some ideas for uses of....

Sorry, it just has to be said. Paring?:D

The Quikut pairing knife sells for $1.25. Focus on the Forged Cutlery. People will find and purchase it for the price.

Quick cut ideas..I agree with the reply about focusing on our other higher priced knives, especially forged cutlery, but, since folks will often share this little gem as their favorite, it is handy to have reasons for them to purchase MULTIPLES of this low cost item.

I do not talk about this knife unless someone else mentions it but then I say a) it is an excellent box cutter, b) it can scrape the grease/dirt from a ceramic topped stove like a razor blade, etc. c) it is an EZ way to remove labels from cans and jars when recycling and d) it is such a handy little knife you'll want to order 4 or 5 to make sure there is always one ready when you need it!

This wording will work on a pretty regular basis if you remember to state the need for people to get multiples of this one. When I've done this "talk" I do try to use it as a bridge to say that ALL the Pampered Chef knives are worth having...and then I'll use the quick cut as a launching pad to the other lines (forged cutlery, regular, and trend).

Hope this helps!

If (and only if) someone else brings up this product, I always pass along a story about my cousin and her Mom and sister. EVERY order they place with me has a MINIMUM of 15 of these on there! That way, any time they want a super sharp knife, they get out a new one! I have tried repeatedly to get her to purchase our forged knives (cheaper than spending $100's on these....) but they just like what they are used to!

At the first show she hosted for me, she bought a bunch of them off of me before hand, and passed these out as "favors" to everyone who attended!

I do not talk about them either unless someone ask about them and then I talk about how much I do love them.

I talk about the forged the most and then I do still talk about the ones with the sharpening case a lot too b/c I know that not everyone if going to spend the money for the forged ones. I also talk about the new green tomato and santuko knives b/c after I got past the green color I LOVE them.

I always talk about the Quikut knives. Because the Quikut knives are the beginning of my PC career.

When I tell my story I say "before I was a PC consultant I was always being invited to a PC show. I would look through the catalog, decide that everything was WAY OVERPRICED, and buy a few Quikut knives for $1 just so I could say I ordered something and I didn't feel bad about not helping my friends out...and I never attended a show. However, a lady from my church hosted a show and I felt obligated to attend. I went with the intention of buying some $1 knives and leaving early. But once the consultant started talking about the products and I was able to see and touch them I realized what a value they actually were...that I couldn't just go to WalMart and get the same product cheaper. And so, I fell in love with the products. I realized everything I wanted was in the kit. The consultant did not ask me to place an order nor did she ask me to join her team...I said "I want to do this what do I have to do?" When I found out I only had to do 6 shows and could keep the kit which would save me a ton of money I joined. My intentions were to quit after my 6 shows, but I have now been a consultant for 6 years. It is my hobby...I want more products at a great price...and I love it.

My story is true for a lot of people. They attend shows because they feel obligated and they think the PC is over-priced and that you could buy the same product at WalMart much cheaper. This helps them get over the sticker shock and realize that you truly do Get What You Pay For.

Thanks KellyTheChef and Shawnna for your tips. I wanted ideas because I saw them on the Gifts part of the order form and didn't know whether or not to order them. I figured if I was going to give them away I should give ideas as to how you could use them. Of course, I would talk up more expensive items first.

ChefJWarren said:
Thanks KellyTheChef and Shawnna for your tips. I wanted ideas because I saw them on the Gifts part of the order form and didn't know whether or not to order them. I figured if I was going to give them away I should give ideas as to how you could use them. Of course, I would talk up more expensive items first.
BTW, I always warn them if I give one as a door prize: those puppies are RAZOR SHARP!! Anyone who has never used one could loose a fingertip!

I know lots of Moms who use them as a quick knife to pull out to cut up apples and things... since the are dishwasher safe it's quick and easy to do without handwashing anything later.

I have at least 3 customers who buy them by the 1/2 dozen.

They are great for splitting pills in half, opening boxes that are taped, removing the part of the core that doesn't come off with the apple corer (probably shouldn't mention that one;) ) and best of all are great door prizes for your shows. Everyone loves these and most will know all about them without you having to say anything.

I use mine the peel kiwi and to open the bag of brownie mix

I buy the 5-packs with my supply order just for myself.... :eek: THEN I buy a few to give out as door prizes at my show.

I LOVE this knife. I do keep one in my tool turn about that I bring to shows, however I do not usually mention it unless someone asks. I have 8 of these in my kitchen alone, and I use at least one everyday. This knife is great for cutting things up, opening things, and making slits in the tops of pies.Tracy

A Customer of mine them for cutting baleing twine. She just sticks in a bale of hay that way it is always available.

Related to Uses of Old Items: Creative Repurposing Ideas

1. What are some creative ways to repurpose old kitchen utensils?

There are plenty of ways to give your old kitchen utensils new life! You can use wooden spoons and spatulas as handles for homemade serving trays, turn old cheese graters into unique earring holders, or use old ladles as planters for small herbs or succulents.

2. Can old baking sheets be used for anything besides baking?

Yes, old baking sheets can be repurposed in a variety of ways! You can use them as magnetic memo boards, cut them into squares and use them as coasters, or turn them into a DIY magnetic spice rack.

3. What are some ways to repurpose old glass jars?

Glass jars are versatile and can be used for many different things. You can use them to store and organize small items like buttons or paperclips, turn them into vases for fresh flowers, or create adorable snow globes by filling them with water and miniature figurines.

4. Are there any creative uses for old tea towels?

Absolutely! Old tea towels can be transformed into unique and stylish throw pillows for your couch or bed. You can also use them as a base for homemade reusable beeswax food wraps or cut them into strips and use them as hair ties.

5. How can old mason jars be repurposed?

Mason jars are a popular item for repurposing. You can use them as rustic candle holders, turn them into hanging lanterns, or use them as storage containers for pantry items like grains or pasta. They can also be painted and used as colorful flower vases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ksmedic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • pamperedchef88