• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer Request for a Fellow Consultant

In summary, a young boy named Benjamin was buried alive and is currently in critical condition at a children's hospital in Fresno. His family is asking for prayers and updates on his condition. However, he sadly passed away later that day. The family is devastated but remains strong in their faith and will be having a memorial service for Benjamin. They ask for continued prayers for the family during this difficult time.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
got this from a director friend of mine:

Jackie's son was buried alive, under a mound of dirt that collapsed on him. They are on the way to Fresno (I believe Children's Hospital) right now and are unsure if he is going to make it - this is according to Jackie's older son.

Please lift this child and this family before God. I thank you so much for your prayers. I know they do too.

Done! Keep us posted as you hear anything!

I am assuming this is a younger boy?

Done ... keep us posted on any updates!!!

We will be praying for them.

That's so sad and scary! I'm crying just thinking about it. I hope he's okay! I said a prayer already...so sad.

I'm Praying too

They are in my prayers

~

Yikes!! Prayers on the way!!

Prayers from L.A. too

Wow! I'll be praying, too! I have two boys of my own, and cannot imagine what they must be going through!!

Any updates, please post!!

Paula

Praying for good news Carolyn.

Praying hard Carolyn. That is awful! Keep us posted.:(

Prayers from here as well. Every parents' fear.

any updates on the boy

~

Any news yet today Carolyn?

They are in my prayers as well.

Update:

"
Here is the most recent update.... From what I understand, Benjamin is not
responding to light, touch, etc. Please keep praying for miracles.

Benjamin has come successfully out of surgery where they have been able to
clean all of the dirt and debris out of his lungs and airway.
He is heavily sedated to keep him still and allow his little body to rest.
The next hurdle is getting through the night and seeing how things are
tomorrow. They are unsure of how much damage has been sustained by his
lungs.
Specific prayers would be for God to direct the doctors and give them
wisdom, for Benjamin's little body to fight hard, for rest and peace for
Bill and Jacki and Dylan, and for Stephen, who is finishing Basic Training
in Missouri to get the message about Ben. And the family is resting and
relying on God's will to be done."

prayers from Canada. Please keep us posted on his condition.

Carolyn, thank you for updating us. Prayers and positive thoughts are with them all.

Prayers from PEI......

Oh wow. I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. How tragic....:(

Thanks for the update - keep us posted! Miracles can still happen!

Little Benaiah is running around like nothing happened! (Boy who fell in the septic awhile back). They thought he wouldn't survive and he is a normal kid right now!

Prayers being sent...

OH!!! How awful! Praying hard here in Ct...

Lifting him and his family up to the Lord in CA

I hope you have good news for us today. I'll keep him in my prayers!

Sadly, I got this email today:

"As most of you know by now our sweet, smart, energetic, little Benjamin passed away at around 5:30 this evening. He was surrounded by family, friends, and many of our Grace Bible church family. Everyone was able to spend some time praying, crying, kissing and saying good bye (for now) to Benjamin, It was a sad but sweet time as we trusted that somehow, someway this all fit into God's will and Sovereign plan.
Billy and Jacki are definitely devastated by the loss of their son, but yet it was evident that their faith was strong as they comforted all of us in the middle of their sorrow.
The memorial service will be Friday at 10:00 at Valley Baptist and the graveside service will be at 12:00 at Greenlawn (I believe she said on Panarama, but I'll let you know for sure). There will be a fellowship time (food, etc) back at Valley Baptist after the graveside.
Please plan on being at church this Sunday as we do a special service dedicated to Benjamin. This is a time to come together as a church family and to give God the glory for all things and to encourage, support and love the Blackwoods during this very sad time in their lives.
Thanks again for your prayers, but don't stop now. Continue praying for Billy, Jacki, Stephen, Dylan, Jessee, Hendrick and Diego, specifically that they would know Him like never before and therefore know true peace.

To God Be the Glory,"

Wow...this just puts life and the love of family in perspective. My heart aches for this family and I pray for God's strength. There is not much words can say. Thank you, Carolyn for letting us know.

Thank you for letting us know. The family will continue to be in my prayers.

Oh Dear Jesus be with each one of them.... give them the love that each of us wants them to feel from us.

Thanks for giving us the update.

Prayers are going their way.

How old was Ben?

This is a rough time to lose a love one, especially a child, but God must have needed a very Special Angel :angel: to be with him up there and now Little Ben will be watching over his parent and siblings.

God Bless to ALL.

God will surround the family with lots of love.

~

Oh Carolyn I am so sorry~it hurts so much when someone that has just begun life is taken from us. I will keep the family in my prayers

Oh how sad Carolyn - my prayers are with their family at this most difficult time.

dannyzmom said:
Sadly, I got this email today:

"As most of you know by now our sweet, smart, energetic, little Benjamin passed away at around 5:30 this evening. He was surrounded by family, friends, and many of our Grace Bible church family. Everyone was able to spend some time praying, crying, kissing and saying good bye (for now) to Benjamin, It was a sad but sweet time as we trusted that somehow, someway this all fit into God's will and Sovereign plan.
Billy and Jacki are definitely devastated by the loss of their son, but yet it was evident that their faith was strong as they comforted all of us in the middle of their sorrow.
The memorial service will be Friday at 10:00 at Valley Baptist and the graveside service will be at 12:00 at Greenlawn (I believe she said on Panarama, but I'll let you know for sure). There will be a fellowship time (food, etc) back at Valley Baptist after the graveside.
Please plan on being at church this Sunday as we do a special service dedicated to Benjamin. This is a time to come together as a church family and to give God the glory for all things and to encourage, support and love the Blackwoods during this very sad time in their lives.
Thanks again for your prayers, but don't stop now. Continue praying for Billy, Jacki, Stephen, Dylan, Jessee, Hendrick and Diego, specifically that they would know Him like never before and therefore know true peace.

To God Be the Glory,"

Sorry to hear...obviously God had a better home for him and didn't want him to suffer. I pray that the family will feel comfort during this time - I cannot imagine losing my kids!

Does anyone know what Jacki's last name is? The family details sound way to much like a consultant I know...

missyciccolella said:
Does anyone know what Jacki's last name is? The family details sound way to much like a consultant I know...

I think the note said Blackwood.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I think the note said Blackwood.
Where do you see this? I read the updates and don't see that...I'm a little frantic right now so please be patient:eek: .

dannyzmom said:
This is a time to come together as a church family and to give God the glory for all things and to encourage, support and love the Blackwoods during this very sad time in their lives.
I would be frantic too. I had to read it a couple of times before I noticed the name.

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
This is a time to come together as a church family and to give God the glory for all things and to encourage, support and love the Blackwoods during this very sad time in their lives.

I would be frantic too. I had to read it a couple of times before I noticed the name.

Thank you!

Prayers To All His Family

Heavenly Father,

We come to you in sorrow right now. A family has lost their son, yet they are clinging to their faith in you. Please surround them and lift them up through your holy spirit, and through the love and support of their family, friends, and fellow Christians. I praise you that even through this storm, they are looking to you. Allow their faith to touch others during this time of mourning. You can use this sad situation to your glory! I pray that you SHOW THE FAMILY some of your handwork. Allow them to see how you are using this situation to bring good.
In your heavenly name,
Amen

:angel: :angel: Amen :angel: :angel:

whiteyteresa said:
Thanks for giving us the update.

Prayers are going their way.

How old was Ben?

This is a rough time to lose a love one, especially a child, but God must have needed a very Special Angel :angel: to be with him up there and now Little Ben will be watching over his parent and siblings.

God Bless to ALL.

God will surround the family with lots of love.

~

He was only 3. The family will continue to be in my prayers. I just cannot imagine what they're going through, but their faith appears to be very strong.

Dear God...3 years old. I remember my baby at that age and just can't imagine the sorrow. I have an employee that had a son pass away a year ago, the night before his 12th birthday. He died of a brain tumor and to see her sorrow is heartbreaking.
Kelly, thank you for the beautiful prayer. I so hope that their faith is strong. God's will is a mystery to us and much harder to understand at times like these.

This story is truly heartbreaking. I wish I could give hugs in person!!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please come to this family with the peace that truly passes all understanding, as You talk about in Your word. I pray that they will feel Your love, Your power, and Your presence in such a way that they will have no doubt it is truly You!! Please give them comfort and peace, and somehow allow Your goodness to still shine throughout their lives, and their home, in the days and weeks to come. I pray that this will draw them closer to You than ever before, and that they will grow in their faith and spiritual walk like they've never before been able to imagine. Please use this earthly tragedy for some sort of heavenly benefit.
Thank You for loving us so much!
Amen

Related to Urgent Prayer Request for a Fellow Consultant

1. What happened to Jackie's son?

According to Jackie's older son, he was buried alive under a mound of dirt that collapsed on him.

2. Where are Jackie and her son going?

They are on their way to Fresno, possibly to Children's Hospital, for medical treatment.

3. Is Jackie's son expected to survive?

There is uncertainty about his condition and whether he will make it, according to Jackie's older son.

4. How can we help?

Please lift Jackie's son and their entire family up in prayer to God. Your prayers are greatly appreciated by Jackie and her family.

5. What can we do to support Jackie and her family during this difficult time?

Aside from praying, you can offer your support through any means possible, such as sending words of encouragement, providing meals or helping with any practical needs they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Karen
  • General Chat