• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer Request: 5-Year-Old Hannah Hospitalized with Severe Head Pain

In summary, a 5-year-old girl named Hannah is in the hospital with severe head pain and vomiting. She has a buildup of fluid on her brain and is scheduled for an MRI and emergency surgery. Her parents are struggling to see her in pain and her newly adopted sister is being cared for by others. Prayers are requested for the doctors to determine the cause of the issue and for comfort and peace for the family. An update from a friend states that Hannah is doing better and the family appreciates all the prayers. A shunt may be necessary to drain the excess fluid from her brain.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
One more prayer request.....

Please pray for 5 yr old Hannah. She is the daughter of some friends of ours. The family was camping "Up North", and Hannah started to have severe head pain, and vomiting. They took her to the emergency room of the local hospital - where the staff almost immediately called an ambulance to transport her back to Grand Rapids to DeVos Childrens Hospital. She has a large buildup of fluid on her brain, and they aren't sure why. She is in severe pain, and they are using small amounts of morphine, but don't want to give her enough to sedate her, for fear she will slip into a coma. She was scheduled for an MRI this morning, but the build up was causing so much pressure, she couldn't lie still through it - so they pulled her out, and scheduled an emergency surgery to put in a shunt (?) to relieve some of the pressure. She is scheduled for another MRI is afternoon, and then a decision will be made about surgery etc........Pray also for her parents. Hannah is an adopted child from Romania, and so they really don't have family history or good medical history - so DR's are in the dark until they can get the MRI done. She has been such a gift to 2 people who thought they would never have children......and as you can imagine, they are struggling right now seeing her in so much pain, and not being able to do anything. Hannah has a newly adopted sister, Selah, who is being cared for by myself and some others from church - while Mom & Dad stay at the hospital w/ Hannah.
Please pray that the Drs can determine what is wrong - and be able to care for the problem.....and pray for Gods comfort, peace and rest for the family.

Thanks all! It is so good to know that I have a GINORMEOUS cluster who can be praying!

Oh, that's heartwrenching.
I'll add Hannah and her parents to the (ever-growing) list for prayers.

Awww...Becky you KNOW I will be praying...

...and you spelled shunt correctly. :)

janetupnorth said:
Awww...Becky you KNOW I will be praying......and you spelled shunt correctly. :)
I'm thinking it wasn't so much the word "shunt" as it was getting confused between the words "Shunt" & "Stint". i can never remember which one is for what!And thanks for the link! You are so amazing!

janetupnorth said:
No God is, he just gave me quick fingers. :D
And a quick wit too!! :p
I will add Hannah and her family on to my prayer list also Becky.

Ruthie

I will be praying for Hannah and her family.

Melody

I'll be praying too. If you'd like, I can add her to our church's prayer chain.

Update On Hannah!Here is an update from my friend Vicki - Selah is spending the night at her house tonight......

Hello everyone,

I took Selah to see her family tonight. She's missing them so much and loved
giving everyone hugs. She didn't want to leave but settled down so well. She
is so precious.

And the other precious one Hannah is doing much better too. She was full of
questions, wanted to paint, eat, color, sing, etc. They have drained quite a
bit of fluid from her brain, giving her a lot of relief. Hannah and mom and
dad should sleep much better tonight. They were waiting to see the Dr. still
tonight, to hear his thoughts about the MRI. They are planning to do another
MRI and CT scan tomorrow to compare the two. There will probably not be any
surgery before Monday or Tuesday.

Scott and Peggy really appreciate all your prayers. They are both doing
well, just very tired.

Keep praying and trusting!

Vicki

She wll be in my prayers!

Becky
I am just now reading this. Keep us updated.
JAE

Hannah & her family are in my prayers.

A shunt for hydrocephalus ("water on the brain") consists of 2 catherters and a valve that prevents backflow. The first is plaed through the skull. It will drain the fluid away from the brain. The second is placed usually in the abdomen so the excess fluid can be absorbed.

Stents are used in different ways for the same essential reason. The may be used in arteries, ureters, etc.

Wikipedia's definition:
In medicine, a stent is either an expandable wire form or perforated tube (conventionally perforated by means of laser cutting) that is inserted into a natural conduit of the body to prevent or counteract a disease-induced localized flow constriction.

A prayer has been sent.

Adding her to my list of prayers!!! Keep us updated :)

1. What is "One More Prayer Request!"?

"One More Prayer Request!" is a program initiated by Pampered Chef to provide support and comfort to those in need through the power of prayer. It allows individuals to submit their prayer requests and have a community of people dedicated to praying for them.

2. How do I submit a prayer request?

You can submit a prayer request by visiting the "One More Prayer Request!" page on the Pampered Chef website and filling out the form with your name, email, and the details of your request. Alternatively, you can also submit a request through our social media pages or by contacting our customer service team.

3. Who will be praying for my request?

Our team at Pampered Chef, as well as our community of consultants and customers, will be praying for your request. We believe in the power of collective prayer and the support it can provide during difficult times.

4. Can I submit multiple prayer requests?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests. We understand that there may be many things weighing on your heart and we are here to support you through each one. However, we do ask that you limit your requests to no more than three at a time to ensure that each request receives the attention it deserves.

5. Is "One More Prayer Request!" only for Pampered Chef customers?

No, "One More Prayer Request!" is open to everyone regardless of whether they are a Pampered Chef customer or not. We believe in the power of prayer and are here to support anyone who needs it, regardless of their affiliation with our company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
Replies
Views
nikked
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies