• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPS Mishap Leaves Host in a Tizzy!

In summary, a host called to report that her UPS delivery resulted in four broken stones. The sender, HO, must now send the stones back. The conversation also discusses the possibility of switching to FedEx, but the majority of people have had positive experiences with UPS. Some have even developed a good relationship with their UPS drivers.
Firegirl
So, a host phones me yesterday in a tiz, telling me that she watched UPS through a box out of the truck in the snow. She opened all three boxes and wouldn't you know???? 4 stones were broken!

Lucky me, I have to send all the stones back to HO. Thanks a lot UPS!

Why does UPS have the boxes? Are canadians still using UPS and not FedEx?:confused:

We haven't changed couriers. But, I'm wondering if we should???

Firegirl said:
So, a host phones me yesterday in a tiz, telling me that she watched UPS through a box out of the truck in the snow. She opened all three boxes and wouldn't you know???? 4 stones were broken!

Lucky me, I have to send all the stones back to HO. Thanks a lot UPS!

I'd call HO and report what the host saw. In this situation you'd be better off talking to a live person instead of an adjustment online. I used to work for UPS and people were fired for throwing boxes. They take package handling very seriously. I don't want to see the driver fired but he needs to be aware that people are watching! And the results of his actions.

the first year we offered pan o rama I earned all cookware I stood at the window & watched them throw my boxes into my yard.

Man I hope we don't switch to FedEx! My UPS guy is AWESOME. He holds my order until I'm home from work and has even met me in a different area of the city to give me my order when I wasn't going to be home.

I really liked my UPS guy too, but I had soooo many returns due to broken items! One time one of my custmers received their wisks and they had obviously been RUN OVER! I mean they were flattened! I hope Fed ex is better.

My UPS people are great. I have the items shipped to my parents house but I live right down the street from them. If it's my regular 2 guys they know to drive past my house first and if the van's in the driveway they stop here.

UPS has been great in Ottawa too. It's on my front door when I get home and nothing to date for myself or any of my hosts has ever been broken. I'm a little confused, I thought Canada was changing, but my last show this week was still shipped UPS.

I haven't heard anything about Canada changing. I think that would be something that would be on CC.

Yes, Canada is still dealing with UPS for deliveries. I get great service from my UPS drivers too. I know when to expect them (always 9:00-9:30am) and they always bring my packages around the back of the house for me. I have received some broken pieces over the years but I don't think they're to blame. Boxes were always in good shape (not banged up). I think it really depends on the individual drivers. Just like anywhere, they are always some people who don't care about quality of service.

Related to UPS Mishap Leaves Host in a Tizzy!

1. What exactly happened in the UPS mishap that left the host in a tizzy?

In this particular incident, the UPS delivery driver accidentally dropped a box containing the host's Pampered Chef order, causing some items to break or become damaged.

2. Was the host compensated for the damaged items?

Yes, the host was fully compensated for any damaged items. Our customer satisfaction guarantee ensures that we will make things right if any issues arise with our products during delivery.

3. How long did it take for the host to receive a replacement for the damaged items?

We strive to make the replacement process as quick and efficient as possible. In most cases, the host will receive their replacement items within 1-2 business days.

4. Is this a common occurrence with Pampered Chef deliveries?

No, this is not a common occurrence. We take great care in packaging and shipping our products to ensure they arrive at their destination in perfect condition. However, accidents can happen, and we have measures in place to address any issues that may arise.

5. What steps is Pampered Chef taking to prevent this from happening in the future?

We are constantly reviewing and improving our shipping and delivery processes to minimize the risk of mishaps like this. We also work closely with our shipping partners to ensure our products are handled with care during transit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Butterfly15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • rennea