• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Updating P3: How to Receive Updates and Ensure Proper Functionality

In summary, the problem was that someone was having trouble with an internet connection and the workaround was to turn off their firewall.
DMB75
Not sure if this is the right place to put this...... If you go to CC there is a message that says there is an update to P3. It says Please open the application to receive these updates. Well, i've opened P3 but I didn't see anything happen. Can we tell if it's been updated? Is there something I need to do on P3 for the update?

Thanks,
Donna

I find that totally annoying.

I just open p3 and let it sit for a while.

Hmm, when I do it, it updates (takes forever to open/be available) and sometimes it tells me that it did an upate and needs to restart and other times it does not say anything. But after updating the message on CC usually goes away. There is a way to manually force an update - open P3 and select Help-Check for Updates.

tlennhoff said:
Hmm, when I do it, it updates (takes forever to open/be available) and sometimes it tells me that it did an upate and needs to restart and other times it does not say anything. But after updating the message on CC usually goes away. There is a way to manually force an update - open P3 and select Help-Check for Updates.
The restart is probably dependant on whether it was a program update (restart) or a data update (no restart).

I would like to know what is updating. I don't see anything different. LOL

I know it is updating when I see the P3 box for more than the usual 3-5 seconds before the program opens! I see the P3 box (like a dialog box but it had the consultant/model on it...) for a long time (20-60 secs) when it is updating. I have learned my lesson to open P3 right before I go to a show! I opened P3 when I got to my show on Sun and I had a customer waiting for me to enter her order. We waited FOREVER for my program to finally open!

HO told me that I should get in the habit of going online and then opening P3 to check for updates before I get into entering shows or submitting so it will be done and out of the way when I need it.

When I click on help on P3 and then "check for updates", I get a box that says "You need an internet connection to coninue. Click OK after establishing an internet connection if you would like to continue." But I have the internet up.

Anyone know the problem?

DMB75 said:
When I click on help on P3 and then "check for updates", I get a box that says "You need an internet connection to coninue. Click OK after establishing an internet connection if you would like to continue." But I have the internet up.

Anyone know the problem?

Are you on dial up, DSL or broadband? Do you clickl OK and it still stays there? If it is still an issue I would call tech support for Pampered Partner. I am on DSL and haven't had a problem like that.

We have DSL.

Do you have a firewall? If so try turning it off and then doing the update.

Yes, that is what we had to do and it worked.

Well I have decided not to take the plunge to P3 until I have no choice. I am perfectly happy with PP.

chefkristin said:
Well I have decided not to take the plunge to P3 until I have no choice. I am perfectly happy with PP.

I had no choice, the only thing they sent me was P3.

DMB75 said:
Yes, that is what we had to do and it worked.

Glad to hear your problem has been solved!

Related to Updating P3: How to Receive Updates and Ensure Proper Functionality

What is "Updating P3"?

"Updating P3" refers to the process of updating the Pampered Chef Consultant's website, also known as the Personal Website (P3). This allows consultants to showcase products, share recipes, and manage their business online.

How do I update my P3 website?

To update your P3 website, log in to your Consultant's Corner and click on the "Personal Website" tab. From there, you can make changes to your website, add or remove products, and manage your content.

Do I need any special software to update P3?

No, all you need to update P3 is an internet connection and a web browser. Simply log in to your Consultant's Corner and you can access and update your P3 website from anywhere.

Can I customize the design of my P3 website?

Yes, you can customize the design of your P3 website by choosing from a variety of themes, colors, and layouts. You can also add your own logo and branding to make your website unique.

How often should I update my P3 website?

We recommend updating your P3 website regularly to keep your content fresh and engaging for your customers. This can be as often as once a week or as little as once a month, depending on your schedule and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ljeffries
  • chefann