• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update on My Show From Sunday With the Cockroaches

I figured he'd have to take action. I called him and told him I needed to know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said "Your kidding. Tell me your kidding." I said "No, I'm not kidding. What do I do?" He told me to go to the store and buy a can of Raid and spray my car inside and out to make sure no bugs got into my car. Then I needed to go home, strip outside, with a bucket of soapy water and a brush that I could throw away, and clean my body. THEN I could come in. I did everything but I couldn't find the brush. My dad called back and said "You have to go back out to your car and
Nanisu
Gold Member
This is unbelievable. So I called her to see if she was able to get any more orders--get this--she is mad at ME!! Her exact words were "I don't care what you do with the orders you have--I am so disgusted and disappointed in this show." I asked her politely "what were you disappointed about?" thinking it might have been her friends not ordering, etc. Get this: "You were so unprofessional--i have held many direct sales parties and you were the worst! This was the show from hell". Turns out she was mad because I didn't give her the recipe ingredients correctly. Well, the reason I didn't was because she CALLED me and said "Oh, I have an old season's best and I found that recipe so I know all the ingredients". She did not get HALF of them correctly--because she "didn't like them". So, yes, the recipe tasted like cr*p. And I pushed all her friends to order. Yeah, all 3 of them--in between commercials on the 2 football games. When we started the show an hour later than we were supposed to because they were all watching the football game. And I wasn't very sanitary. That was the funniest one. So was she talking about me asking her to help with the cockroaches, or when I had to go wash the utility knife because her sister used it to slice the mango and then--honest to God--put it in her mouth with the mango slice, ate the mango slice and then handed it back to me.?" This is so funny I can't even get mad about it.

This is the funniest bless and release I have ever had I think.

Wow. That is one that will go down in history, for sure. Wouldn't it be a funny book if we all put our stories together?

DISGUSTING. I would submit the orders and RUN.....RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN and Don't LOOK BACK!!

So did you have enough to qualify her show? I'd put all the orders together and ship them to her house if not...so sorry that happened, what did you demo, by the way?

No, not enough for a show. So I am going to add them to another show and let that hostess get the credit, then have all 3 of them (total $60 in orders) shipped to the cockroach lady.

OMG! Absolutely incredible. Sometimes you just have to wonder about people.

Good thing you won't have to go there again!

Wow.
And then I wouldn't take any more of her calls.
Did you happen to get any bookings off it? LOL

chefsteph07 said:
Wow.
And then I wouldn't take any more of her calls.

I agree. She sounds like a total nutter!

Did you say you worked with her or was that another thread???

O-M-F-G there were cockroaches?! I have such a big huge fear of cockroaches - they make my skin crawl.*shudders* What a fruit loop, your a consultant not a miracle worker lol.

missed the first thread but EEEEWWWW

Wow, this story is worse them my show from he** last winter! I didn't see any cockroaches, but wouldn't be surprised if there were some in the house!

I have a cockroach story. I wish I was savvy enough to find the link... it was gross and a complete night mare. Write it off. Send in the orders. You earned the commission. Even if it's small. Bless and release her. I just hope you didn't bring any "souvineers" home....yechhh.

Found it!!
I wrote about this a several months ago:

UGHH! Sorry! Here is my Roach Tale From The Crate...& what we did

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a show where the host had roaches crawling everywhere in her kitchen! When I pointed one out(for her to kill) she shrugged her shoulders and said "We can't do anything about it. The 4H is practically in our backyard." Huh? I decided I would wash my dishes there rather than taking any bugs home in my crate. I went to the sink and FREAKED!! It was inundated with ants! Oh, and there was a tornado actually going on at this time. We were in a small home with no basement. As I am watching the TV and doing my demo we see the twister. I saw a REAL tornado! I didn't care! I was more scared of the roaches than of the twister! I flew through the demo, had people tell me what a great show it was and how they couldn't believe how much fun it was! UGHHH, by now I was ready to throw up but that would mean I'd have to see her bathroom. I wasn't taking chances.
When I finally made it to my car I called my dad in a PANIC! His friend is an exterminator and they know what a freak I am. While I was waiting for his friend to call back I called my husband crying because by now I felt them crawling up my legs and back. UGHH! They weren't but like I said, I was freaking! His friend called me back and said Don't park in the garage. I had to empty all the dishes out of my crate, inspect them and hand them individually to my husband to clean. We emptied and shook out my bookbag, TTA, and the Show-To-Go making sure there weren't any hiding. All the while it is still storming outside. I was drenched. After all of that we had to spray it all, pack it back in my car (which I sprayed the carpets) and leave outside in the rain.

It took me days to get over that. But, I can now kill bugs with ease.

And it worked!!

EEEWWWWW :yuck: that is totally gross and, yes, what a nut that host is! Hope you didn't get any bookings, 'cause you'd probably have to see her again!! :eek:

RUN FORREST, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mys skin is crawling with the idea that this person thinks YOU were unprofessional! What a good laugh that gave me!

She attacked you because ...well, what else could she do? Bless and release is definitely where I would go with that and I'd submit those orders exactly as you are doing.

ChefGirl2: Thanks for the tip about leaving the car out of the garage. I wouldn't have thought of that.

EWWWWWWWWWW:yuck:

I'm going to assume this thread is a follow-up to the "Roaches!?!?!" thread which I skipped b/c I thought it was a question about roaches & we don't seem to have them around here. I knew I'd be no help.But, now.... I HAVE to read that thread. OMGoodness!!! The nerve of this lady to queston your sanitation practices!?!?I have to agree with the earlier post... "run Forrest. RUN!!!!" This is a text book "bless and release" case!

Oh my goodness, you have the patience of a saint to not tell that woman just what you thought after she called YOU "unprofessional!" :eek:

Related to Update on My Show From Sunday With the Cockroaches

1. What steps are being taken to address the issue of cockroaches at the show?

Pampered Chef takes the health and safety of our customers very seriously. As soon as we were made aware of the presence of cockroaches at the show, we immediately contacted a professional pest control company to address the issue. They have thoroughly inspected and treated the area to ensure that there are no further infestations.

2. Will there be any changes to the food preparation and storage procedures at future shows?

Yes, as an additional precaution, we have implemented stricter guidelines for food preparation and storage at all of our shows. This includes regular cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces, as well as proper storage of all food items to prevent any potential contamination.

3. Has anyone reported getting sick after attending the show?

No, we have not received any reports of illness related to the cockroach incident at the show. However, we encourage anyone who may have experienced any health concerns to contact us immediately.

4. Will there be any compensation for those who attended the show and were exposed to the cockroaches?

We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that may have been caused by this incident. At this time, we are not offering any compensation. However, we are committed to making sure that all future shows are free from any pest-related issues.

5. How can I be sure that this won't happen again at future shows?

We have taken immediate action to address the issue and have implemented stricter guidelines to prevent any future incidents. We will continue to monitor and address any potential pest issues at our shows to ensure the health and safety of our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • prissylovescooking