• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding a New Church Home: My Journey and Concerns

In summary, the author is considering moving on from their old church because they no longer feel comfortable there. They went to the old church not long ago and found it to be very uncomfortable. They are considering moving to a new church, but have not decided where yet.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Not too long ago, I posted that I was thinking of moving on. It is now confirmed that I am to do so. I went to my old church not long ago, and never felt so uncomfortable in my "comfort zone" in all my life!

So far I have visited 2 churches:

• Church 1 is a Vineyard church, with good worship and teaching. They are VERY small, though, and some ministries have gone by the wayside for this reason.

• Church 2 is a non-denominational church with a lot of freedom in worship, which is a major selling point for me. Also, they have outreaches including some that are near and dear to my heart's cry. But I have concerns about their teachings, and their possibly somewhat nebulous ties to a fallen evangelist.

One friend who I respect is very concerned about the teaching offered there, and another friend who I also respect is THERE.

I would like to be in my new church by the end of the year.

Right now, I'm not sure where I'll be this Sunday ...

Not sure where in Ohio you are, so I can't recommend anything!

Pray. You will know when you've found your "home."

We recently changed churches and we knew from the minute we walked through the door that we were home. It just felt right. We absolutely love it and our kids are being fed and we are truly blessed!!

I'll be praying for you!

I'm in Akron. I'd go as far south as North Canton, which is where I went this last time.I firmly believe you need to visit a church at least twice to know whether it's "home" or not ...

I completely agree with visiting it at least twice! My hubby and I didn't decide this was "home" until we had been there a little over a month. We both knew it, but we decided not to try any other churches at that point. We had actually known of this church and had been there a few times over the years because I directed a local community children's choir and we had our concerts there.

I will pray that God sends you where you need to be!!

You definitely want to be cautious about a church that is not teaching what you believe! Too many people want to be "comfortable" listening to the Pastor and not challenged...which is probably the reason you are not content there. You may need to keep searching, Sister! Keeping you in my prayers!

When we were searching for a church home, the pastor at one church told us, "You'll know when you find it. It may take a few visits, but once you find it, you'll know that you know." He was right. He's also now our pastor.

Well, today was interesting. I visted a church started by a former associate pastor of my soon-to-be former church.

It is even smaller than the other church I mentioned and a few of the people there are friends from the old congregation.

One person there recently left my old church for this one. She mentioned something about leaving and I said her comment made "boatloads of sense." She said she had been hesitant to say anything because I was there that day .. I said I had been increasingly uncomfortable in my comfort zone.

I have to go back to my old church next Sunday ... I have not officially "left" yet ... but it may be my last Sunday there.

The thing is, the people there are all dear friends and I think they are assuming I am coming there ... I told them I am not sure what God wants ...we'll see.

If they're good friends, they'll understand that you might not be drawn to the same church. Good friends I made at the church we used to attend are now attending with various local congregations. We're still close. We just don't attend in the same places.

1. What is the "Update on Moving on..." event?

The "Update on Moving on..." event is a virtual cooking demonstration and product showcase hosted by Pampered Chef. This event is designed to help you learn about our newest products and recipes, as well as get tips and tricks for using our products in your kitchen.

2. When will the "Update on Moving on..." event take place?

The "Update on Moving on..." event will take place on [insert date and time]. This event will be held online, so you can join from the comfort of your own home.

3. Do I need to purchase anything to attend the "Update on Moving on..." event?

No, you do not need to purchase anything to attend the "Update on Moving on..." event. This event is free and open to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and recipes.

4. How do I register for the "Update on Moving on..." event?

To register for the "Update on Moving on..." event, simply visit our website and click on the registration link. You will need to provide your name and email address to sign up for the event. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the event details and a link to join the virtual event.

5. Can I invite friends and family to join the "Update on Moving on..." event?

Yes, you can invite friends and family to join the "Update on Moving on..." event. Simply share the registration link with them and they can sign up to attend. We encourage you to invite others so they can also learn about our products and recipes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
tabnat80