• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsweetened Coconut Milk ( Pina Colada Cake)

In summary, Unsweetened Coconut Milk is a non-dairy, plant-based milk made from the meat of coconuts. It does not contain any added sugar or sweeteners and can be used as a substitute for regular milk in baking recipes. It is suitable for those with nut allergies and should be consumed within 5-7 days if refrigerated. Unsweetened Coconut Milk can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Maybe I am looking in the wrong section of the store, but i've not been able to find these at all..

For the Pina Colada Upside Down cake, where did you guys find the unsweetened coconut milk in your grocery store?

We have an "International Aisle" in most of the Grocery Stores around here, and I've always found it there. Or with Asian foods.

Trader Joes.or the Asian section at your store. Even my crappy Jewel store here had it.

Yup- Asian food area. Specifically, near the Thai. Thai Kitchen is one brand available in mass market grocery stores.

found it ! Duh..I never would have known to look in the Asian section.
Appreciate it..

smilesarepriceless said:
found it ! Duh..I never would have known to look in the Asian section.
Appreciate it..

Mmmmm, and now you can join those of us addicted to this wonderful dessert! It is SOOO good!

I have a consultant on my team who doesn't like sweets - but she LOVES this!

1. What is Unsweetened Coconut Milk and how is it different from regular coconut milk?

Unsweetened Coconut Milk is a non-dairy, plant-based milk made from the meat of coconuts. It is different from regular coconut milk because it does not contain any added sugar or sweeteners.

2. Can I use Unsweetened Coconut Milk in place of regular milk in baking recipes?

Yes, Unsweetened Coconut Milk can be used as a substitute for regular milk in baking recipes. It may alter the taste and texture slightly, but it is a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or following a vegan diet.

3. Is Unsweetened Coconut Milk suitable for those with nut allergies?

Yes, Unsweetened Coconut Milk is nut-free and is a great alternative for those with nut allergies. However, it is always important to double-check the ingredients list to ensure there are no other potential allergens present.

4. How long does Unsweetened Coconut Milk last once opened?

Once opened, Unsweetened Coconut Milk should be consumed within 5-7 days if refrigerated. It is important to check the expiration date on the packaging for specific recommendations.

5. Can I freeze Unsweetened Coconut Milk?

Yes, Unsweetened Coconut Milk can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to transfer it to an airtight container and leave some room for expansion. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies