• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsolicited Emails... Are Others Experiencing This Annoying Issue?

I originally gave my email to the company I was selling my pc to, and then they sent me a bunch of them when I joined this site, but now they are sending them from other companies.I've been getting those same emails- and there is no way to unsubscribe from them! Frustrating! I used to have a pop-up blocker, but according to PP Technical Dept. The Pop-Up blocker was keeping me from downloading new updates to my program - so had to disable it!I've got a pop-up blocker, so I don't have that problem.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Is anyone else having a problem receiving unsolicited emails? Since I joined this site I keep getting emails about trading stocks for companies I've never heard of (nor am I interested in). This is the only web-site I've given my PC email address to (that I can think of) and I was just wondering if I was the only one getting this junk. I've been trying to figure out the source of these emails and I can only narrow it down to when I joined this site.

Linda

Nope, I haven't received anything. . .perhaps my spam filters are strong. Also, I have a pop-up blocker on my system.

I'm the same as chefjeanine, I don't either.

Linda I see you are in Wave 2, where ya staying and when ya getting there? I'm a fellow wave 2'er myself.

Kim

I have seen a few more spam hits coming through, but my email has been used at a few sites.

I have. I never had a problem before either.

kimmers said:
I'm the same as chefjeanine, I don't either.

Linda I see you are in Wave 2, where ya staying and when ya getting there? I'm a fellow wave 2'er myself.

Kim
Hi Kim,
I don't know! My director made the reservations and I'm staying with her. We are also taking different flights and she is supposed to let me know where to meet-up with her. I figure I've got a month to learn where I'm supposed to be! It seems I remember her saying something about the Hilton though. I'm looking forward to going. I've been selling PC for 7 months now so I hope this will give my business a big boost. Have you been before? My director has been with PC for 8 years and she has only missed one conference....says she'll NEVER do that again!

Hope to see you in Chicago!
Linda

I'm not getting any e-mails either but again i do have the spam filter and my pc wont allow any pop-ups so that may have something to do with it.

I've been getting those same emails- and there is no way to unsubscribe from them! Frustrating! I used to have a pop-up blocker, but according to PP Technical Dept. The Pop-Up blocker was keeping me from downloading new updates to my program - so had to disable it!

I've got a pop-up blocker, so I don't have that problem. But I have no idea where these other emials are coming from. They are always from a different email address so it does no good to block their address from coming in. If anyone figures out how to make them go away I'd sure apreciate it!

Linda

I too get them! TONS OF THEM! I hate them. I tried to use Outlook Express and block them, but they send them from so many different people that you spend all day blocking people from sending you stuff.

Related to Unsolicited Emails... Are Others Experiencing This Annoying Issue?

1. What are unsolicited emails?

Unsolicited emails, also known as spam emails, are electronic messages that are sent to a recipient without their prior consent. These emails are typically promotional in nature and are sent in bulk to a large number of recipients.

2. Are unsolicited emails legal?

In most cases, unsolicited emails are not illegal. However, they are regulated by laws such as the CAN-SPAM Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which require senders to include specific information and provide recipients with an option to opt-out of future emails.

3. How do I stop receiving unsolicited emails?

If you are receiving unsolicited emails, you can unsubscribe from the sender's mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link usually found at the bottom of the email. You can also mark the email as spam to prevent future emails from that sender.

4. Can unsolicited emails harm my computer?

While most unsolicited emails are harmless and simply aim to promote a product or service, some may contain malicious links or attachments that can harm your computer. It is important to avoid clicking on suspicious links or opening attachments from unknown senders.

5. How can I avoid sending unsolicited emails?

To avoid sending unsolicited emails, make sure to only send emails to individuals or organizations who have given you their consent to receive them. You should also provide a clear option for recipients to unsubscribe from future emails and regularly review and update your email contact lists.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tanoi
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • chezshelly