• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock the Potential of an 8 Qt Mixing Bowl - Practical Tips and Ideas for Chefs

In summary, the bowl is great for cooking shows, making pasta salads, and keeping trifles chilled during long transportation.
bridgetbakes
OK, Cheffers! I earned this ENORMOUS bowl so what do I do with it? Why do my customers "need" this bowl? Any ideas/suggestions?

I've already used both of mine today (have one from hosting a show last year when it was the HB)
I've iced down my boiled shrimp in it
made a huge pasta salad in the other one
I love it for mixing meatloaf too

I use this bowl all of the time! I prefer a larger bowl so that your batters don't overflow! It also nice to have the large bowl to store large amounts of pasta, tossed or potato salad in the fridge before you serve it in a nice piece of SA!

I've had this bowl for a while also, and one time we couldn't find our cooler so we used this bowl as a cooler. We filled it with ice and then put the kids juice boxes in it for the bday party we were having. It worked great! Also, my aunt makes tons of cookies at Christmas time and I thought this would be the perfect bowl for her large amounts of cookie batter.

It's my prim ary salad bowl. It also is great for potato salad, etc. for large groups.

At my cooki g shows, iot's my "garbage bowl", ala Rachel Ray. HT!!

I use mine for caramel corn!

There's a recipe in another thread that uses the 6 quart bowl to measure the popcorn. After baking that batch, I add M&M's and nuts, and it fits perfectly in the 8 quart bowl.

It's also a great garbage bowl for shows.

I've been looking at mine wondering the same thing.........You guys are so awesome with the tips! :)

It's also the perfect mixing bowl for fruitcake (the recipe I use has something like 5 pounds of candied and dried fruit).

Yeah, yeah. I know fruitcake is considered a big joke, but my family likes it.

I put pasta salad in mine once and it got a funny ring around it...I thought it had to do with the dressing, so I've been afraid to do so ever since! I used it for my Mrs. Field's cookies (before I got my KitchenAid!) because it makes such a gigundous batch...

We make puppy chow in it. The kids put the powdered sugar in, add the coated cereal, cover, and shake, shake, shake!

baby's bath comes to mind !! ;)

I have heard of using it to keep trifles chilled during long transportation!

chefann said:
I use mine for caramel corn!

There's a recipe in another thread that uses the 6 quart bowl to measure the popcorn. After baking that batch, I add M&M's and nuts, and it fits perfectly in the 8 quart bowl.

It's also a great garbage bowl for shows.

What is the name of the thread for the caramel corn? I have been looking for a good recipe for caramel corn. I love the idea of using my bowl for this.

momofthree said:
I've had this bowl for a while also, and one time we couldn't find our cooler so we used this bowl as a cooler. We filled it with ice and then put the kids juice boxes in it for the bday party we were having. It worked great! Also, my aunt makes tons of cookies at Christmas time and I thought this would be the perfect bowl for her large amounts of cookie batter.

I've also done this. Then you can have the bowl on the counter instead of a cooler on the floor.

speedychef said:
I put pasta salad in mine once and it got a funny ring around it...I thought it had to do with the dressing, so I've been afraid to do so ever since! I used it for my Mrs. Field's cookies (before I got my KitchenAid!) because it makes such a gigundous batch...

A Mrs Field's recipe??? Ummm, can you share???:D

My MIL Said she wanted it to shell peas in.

I've used mine as a "trash" bowl at my shows. This way I can just pop the lid on and put it aside to dump our later. Or to keep my dirty towls and small tools if I don't have time to clean them at my show.

reba515 said:
baby's bath comes to mind !! ;)

Oh, you stole mine. When I tell people it's big, really big, I say it's big enough to bathe a baby.:cool:

My Director told me about how it will keep your Salad with all of the fixings (cucumber, tomatoes, etc.) fresh for quite a few days!

kisrae said:
I've used mine as a "trash" bowl at my shows. This way I can just pop the lid on and put it aside to dump our later. Or to keep my dirty towls and small tools if I don't have time to clean them at my show.

I did this too when it was the host special. Will probably do it again when it is available in May. If I earn Midseason products, I am going to give the extra one to my MIL for Christmas.

Sara, your baby is precious in your avator.

It makes a great dish pan and is large enough to soak most of our pots and pans in. I use it for stirring up large recipes, and then transfer to two smaller SA bowls so that one can be on the table the first two hours, and the second for late arrivals, as recommended by our Cornell Extension Service folks, in their summer picnic tips. It's also great for taking popcorn to a party, especially with the lid to save spills on the way.

I used my 8 quart bowl to put my cubed potatoes in it for holidays before I boiled them. I use water and a little vinegar to keep them from turning brown.

Last edited by a moderator:
It holds 250 mini catalogs! I had to stamp them all last night for a baby fair I am doing on Saturday and grabbed the bowl to hold them all.

I am selling them by showing how great they are for making bigger batches of anything to freeze... my doc said six weeks til the baby's here this morning, so I gotta get freezing!!

gilliandanielle said:
my doc said six weeks til the baby's here this morning, so I gotta get freezing!!

Yay, how exciting!!!!:D

I am excited~ I am only 30 weeks and you are supposed to go to 40 weeks, but my doc said that WILL NOT happen!! Sadly it still hasn't lit a fire under me to start nesting!

I use it for making bread. My MIL asked me to get her one for making her large kugels (hopefully she will share recipes someday). A friend wanted one for making her large pasta salads.

I use it for pasta salad and of course it was WONDERFUL for cookie and candy making this past Christmas season. I LOVE IT. I have a few of them sold already, one lady makes caramel corn for church functions and one is a canner. They can't wait til May!!!!!!

Now you guys make me not want to give my new one away! I thought one was plenty!

I put it on my head at conference...you could use it as a helmet in a food fight!

Here's the Mrs. Field's recipe...
Mrs Field's Cookies:
2 c (4 sticks) butter or margarine
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 c flour
5 c oatmeal blended until it's powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
8 oz chocolate bar grated (good luck finding these, they've been getting smaller over the years...)
24 oz chocolate chips (I like the Chocolate Chunks by Nestle)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients separately. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in grated chocolate and chips. Make cookies with your large or medium scoop (whichever you prefer...large cookies are pretty darn big, but then you don't have to scoop as many! Lazy people UNITE!) and bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Makes like 9 dozen med scoop cookies! I scoop them and freeze them for later use...

Mmmm! Thanks Kim!

And PS, I wasn't drinking when I put the bowl on my head, as my clustermate accused me of. I'm just a great big kid!

speedychef said:
Now you guys make me not want to give my new one away! I thought one was plenty!

I put it on my head at conference...you could use it as a helmet in a food fight!

I guess I better start taking mine to all my shows, just in case the guests start throwing food at me:eek:

Not that they do it all the time, but we are there to have fun, and maybe, just maybe......

speedychef said:
Here's the Mrs. Field's recipe...
Mrs Field's Cookies:
2 c (4 sticks) butter or margarine
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 c flour
5 c oatmeal blended until it's powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
8 oz chocolate bar grated (good luck finding these, they've been getting smaller over the years...)
24 oz chocolate chips (I like the Chocolate Chunks by Nestle)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients separately. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in grated chocolate and chips. Make cookies with your large or medium scoop (whichever you prefer...large cookies are pretty darn big, but then you don't have to scoop as many! Lazy people UNITE!) and bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Makes like 9 dozen med scoop cookies! I scoop them and freeze them for later use...

Thank you!!!

speedychef said:

genburk said:
I guess I better start taking mine to all my shows, just in case the guests start throwing food at me:eek:

Not that they do it all the time, but we are there to have fun, and maybe, just maybe......

OK, so I took it again and showed it. They liked it but no great big deal, till I told them that someone at conference put it on her head, and you could use it for a food fight.

Then one guest put it on her head and another guest came up with a new use....:)

Put it under your shirt and pretend your pregnant :eek: :eek:

She is 2 months pregnant and wanted to see what it would look like to be farther along.

Her husband just rolled his eyes. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to add that to our list of uses.

By the way, it is cheaper to buy the bowl and pretend versus the cost of raising another child. :p

genburk said:
I told them that someone at conference put it on her head, and you could use it for a food fight.
I'm FAMOUS!! :cool:

I've seen pictures that consultants had made with their baby actually in it with a chef's hat on and tools spread out around it. A friend of mine used it as her baby announcement picture. It was too cute! I think she must have had a blanket stuffed inside so the baby wasn't too cold. And, her baby was old enough to sit up, so, it wasn't a "new" baby. My son is 8 months old, and I have been waiting to earn this bowl so I can try it myself. The pictures are adorable!

Oh oh, I can't wait to get home and take it to my dil who is expecting our FIRST grandchild and she is just maybe 5' tall and doesn't even weigh 100 lb I don't think.....we'll have to bribe her with pizza or Italian food to try it to see what she's going to look like in a few months!

Kris

The girl that tried it on for size at my party was small also. It is also their first child and first grandchild. She looked pretty close to being about 7-9 months. We all laughed, except the husband. He rolled his eyes and said "No more kisses for you !"

But let me add, we were also doing the "Have it! Love it!" game and I was giving out kisses.

No... not real ones, but Hershey's chocolate kisses. I gave him kisses for cheering or adding something good or funny and then he would give them to her. We had a great time.

I love the idea for a garbage bowl at shows! What a great way to show it! I use it to make big batches of cookies at xmas and for mixing 4 boxes of brownie mix at once when making little mini brownies for 100 people! I also have used it for puppy chow and the 6 qt is just too small for the quantity of puppy chow I make when I make it :)

Related to Unlock the Potential of an 8 Qt Mixing Bowl - Practical Tips and Ideas for Chefs

1. What are some practical tips for using an 8 Qt mixing bowl?

Some practical tips for using an 8 Qt mixing bowl include using it for large batches of dough or batter, marinating meats, and mixing large salads or pasta dishes. It can also be used for serving snacks or holding ice for drinks.

2. How can this bowl benefit my customers?

This bowl is perfect for customers who enjoy cooking and entertaining. Its large size allows for easy preparation of large meals, making it perfect for dinner parties or family gatherings. It also helps save time by reducing the need for multiple smaller bowls.

3. Can you provide any recipe ideas for using this bowl?

Absolutely! This bowl is perfect for making homemade bread, large batches of cookies, or even for mixing together a big batch of pancake batter. It can also be used for making homemade pasta or for tossing together a big salad for a potluck.

4. How does this bowl compare to other mixing bowls on the market?

This 8 Qt mixing bowl is larger than most standard mixing bowls, making it perfect for larger recipes. It is also made of high-quality, durable material that is safe for use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Its versatility and size make it a great addition to any kitchen.

5. Is this bowl worth the investment?

Absolutely! This bowl is not only practical and versatile, but it is also made of high-quality materials that will last for years to come. Its large size and durable construction make it a great value for any home cook or chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mvspenny
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sarahmarie