• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Unleash the Ultimate Show: Tips for Hosting a Successful Mega Event

M
mxivideomen
Has anyone every done a Mega Show? I was thinking about doing that for March because I only need $8000 for March to get TPC and I want TPC really bad, first timer. So I was thinking about doing it at my church. Have 10 hosts and they invite 10 guests. But how would you do a recipe? I was thinking the power cooking show and have everyone go home with something.
I don't know need advise.:confused:

I'm not sure how it would work w/100 guests you'd have to train your host to help you close out the show.....I know when I do bingo's & have 50+ there that's the hardest part...
as far as a demo i'd do something simple & then maybe have door prize drawings-- these could be bigger items than normal

HTH!

Thanks for the advise.
:)

Wanda Brands

Have you got it planned Wanda? How are you going to set it up? How have you decided to run this? I think Belinda Elsworth talks about an event like this, but I can't remember which tape it is now. Sorry I can't help!

I am not for sure. But I am going to have 10 tables and hopefully each host will have 10 guests. I want to promote the power cooking. I would like to have maybe one recipe for them to taste from the Chicken Power cooking and then give them the recipes to take home and try. I really wanted them to all make a recipe and to take home in bags but I think that might be over whelming, unless you have any idea for me.

Wanda Brands:chef:

A mega show usually will not net high sales. And I would not invest the time or money in making sure everyone had a dish to bring home. Say you did get 10 hosts with 10 guests...where are you going to prep and cook? Lots of details to think about. Is there anyone on your team that would be willing to help you reach your goal?

:pray:I really hope you get TPC!!!:pray:

I am thinking that my Mega show will turn into an open house. I have 4 hosts so far. I am trying to get what I can for the month because I really want TPC in sales this year for the first time.

Wanda Brands
Sales Director for The Pampered Chef

I do at least 1 Mega Show a month with a fellow consultant on my team. We do quarter auctions with small items that we have on hand. We both do a short demo and that is what we serve. It gets really hectic when you have more than 4 hosts for yourself at a time. We ask the guests to fill out their order forms and write the host's name at the top BIG so the right host gets the credit. The big key for us if that they have their outside orders ready and totaled before the show so we can just add their sales for the evening. Most of our hosts will NOT close that night either so it gives us a little time to double check figures and make a call or two to get someone's order up a little if they are close to the companies incentive.

We have been fortunate to be able to hold these at a local bar who is dead on the same night each month.We don't feed them there, we just have them have a taste of Pampered CHef. If our crowd is large, then we order a pizza and they cut it into small square size pieces, at least 30 and each guest and host purchases at least a beverage. This helps the business we're holding the Mega SHow at.

Some nights are better than others and we have walked out with over $1,250.00 in sales each that night. I have been fortunate to have my hubby also go and he will help with cleanup and totaling if needed. It gets hairy at the end so all the help you can get the better.

Possibly you could verse your host's into totaling orders for you but it takes away from the talking to the guests and getting them to book sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Related to Unleash the Ultimate Show: Tips for Hosting a Successful Mega Event

1. "Has anyone ever done a Mega Show?"

Yes, there have been many successful mega events hosted in the past by various organizations and individuals. These events typically involve a large number of attendees and can range from concerts and festivals to conferences and trade shows.

2. "I was thinking about doing that for March because I only need $8000 for March to get TPC and I want TPC really bad, first timer. So I was thinking about doing it at my church."

It's great that you have a specific goal in mind for your event and have identified a potential venue. However, it's important to carefully plan and budget for your event to ensure its success. Consider consulting with a financial advisor or event planner to help you reach your goals.

3. "Have 10 hosts and they invite 10 guests. But how would you do a recipe?"

Inviting guests through a network of hosts is a great way to increase attendance at your event. As for the recipe, consider incorporating it into the theme of your event or offering a cooking demonstration during the show. You could also provide the recipe as a takeaway for attendees to try at home.

4. "I was thinking the power cooking show and have everyone go home with something."

The power cooking show is a great idea for a mega event. Not only does it showcase a unique and exciting topic, but it also provides a tangible takeaway for attendees. Consider offering a variety of items for guests to take home, such as recipe cards, cooking tools, or samples of the dishes prepared during the show.

5. "I don't know need advise.:confused:"

Planning and hosting a successful mega event can be a daunting task, especially for a first timer. It's important to do thorough research and seek advice from experienced event planners or professionals in the industry. They can offer valuable insights and guidance to help you achieve your goals and make your event a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies