• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Success: A Story of an Accidental Cookware Party

In summary, a friend and former host called me asking for help with a catalog and order form. I collected $130 in orders and the special was still in effect.
raebates
Staff member
A week ago a friend and former host called me. A little background is necessary. She hosts every spring. The first couple of years she held a live show. Most of her orders were outside orders from her workplace. Then, a couple of years ago, she realized she didn't have the time or inclination to have people over, so she asked if she could do a catalog show. She used the e-vites for the first time to alert out of town friends and family and wound up with an $800+ show. Since then she does an annual spring catalog show.

So, last week she texts me to say that she needs a new catalog because one of her workmates wants to place an order. She calls me a couple of hours later asking if I can drop off a few catalogs and some order forms because a couple more people want to place orders. I told her that if she had $150 in orders, she could choose a piece or set of cookware at 60% off. I included some order forms and the specials with the catalogs.

This morning she called to say that she had the orders and the payments. She had just over $150 and the name and number of someone who wants to host a show. So, "I guess I had a party. I didn't want to, but I guess I did anyway."

I said, "Dang! And, now you have to decided whether or not to purchase cookware at 60% off. What a shame!" :D

You never know what's going to happen next in this business. LOL!

It is amazing how some people sell PC without being a Consultant. People can feel and see her excitement for the products. Hopefully she enjoys her new Cookware.

I'm a teacher so I was offering fellow teachers a discount on any ONE new item. A coworker approached me and wanted to order the new 10" covered SS pan! I told her "Well, you know cookware is 60% off to hosts this month! All you have to do is collect $150 in orders to count as a show and you can take advantage of the special." She was very excited!! She didn't want to go through the trouble so she just ordered $160 in products herself so she could get the SS set at 60% off! Too bad I didn't get commission on that set! Darn!

Way to go that is great!

Rae...isn't cool when we make such easy money?!!

Way to go!

Way to go Rae and Jessica! Gotta love that! :)

I have had 3 shows this week, and at the one last night I got 3 bookings for catty shows that they want to turn in time for the cookware special....I am really excited, they were all more excited becasue they came to get a piece of cookware and now are planning on getting the whole set.

Jessica.. that is a great idea to give a discount on a new product. I just might do the same thing!
Nice work Rae. it is fun to see how excited clients can get about PC!

Way to go!!

I have a past host who has been wanting the roasting pan with a rack. Sadly, she can't afford it, even at 60 percent off. She is a close friend of mine who got a roasting pan when she married about three years ago and it was junk within a year. I am half tempted to go to her family behind her back and suggest that they get it as a Christmas gift. (I would, but I can't swing it either.) Only reason I don't is because I don't know who got them the faulty pan ... and what if they say, "I just got them one for their wedding!"

Yeah, that might be embarrassing. I suppose you could say, "It must have been one of her favorite wedding gifts because she's just about used it all up!"

Di_Can_Cook said:
Way to go!!

I have a past host who has been wanting the roasting pan with a rack. Sadly, she can't afford it, even at 60 percent off. She is a close friend of mine who got a roasting pan when she married about three years ago and it was junk within a year. I am half tempted to go to her family behind her back and suggest that they get it as a Christmas gift. (I would, but I can't swing it either.) Only reason I don't is because I don't know who got them the faulty pan ... and what if they say, "I just got them one for their wedding!"

My cousin did a party for me last November at the hospital where she works to help me out with SAT. She too was short on money and did not spend any extra...just did the free stuff. Well, I used her % off to get her the Large Bar Pan she really really wanted...so when she got the order...she was "almost" mad at me but now she loves it. She has done sooooo many little catalog parties to help me...I was glad to see her appreciate that gift so much in return. She is already volunteering for another cattie show and I'm holding out for November again thinking it will be SAT again!

Something similar happened to me last week...

I was hosting a jewelry party, bought food and everything for martinis, invited all of my girlfriends over and had a great time! I got $400 of FREE jewelry plus enough PC orders to turn in a show without even asking!!! Now I'm going to write off the food as a show expense! Yay me!

What is "My "Accidental" Show"?

"My "Accidental" Show" is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where you can learn tips, tricks, and recipes using Pampered Chef products. It's a great way to get together with friends and family and enjoy delicious food.

How do I host a "My "Accidental" Show"?

To host a "My "Accidental" Show", simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your show. The consultant will provide all the necessary materials and guide you through the process of hosting a successful event.

What are the benefits of hosting a "My "Accidental" Show"?

Hosting a "My "Accidental" Show" is a great way to earn free and discounted Pampered Chef products. You will also have the opportunity to learn new cooking techniques and recipes, as well as spend quality time with your friends and family.

Do I need to purchase anything to host a "My "Accidental" Show"?

No, there is no purchase necessary to host a "My "Accidental" Show". Your consultant will provide all the necessary products and materials for the demonstration. However, if you do wish to purchase any products, you can do so at the show.

Can I customize the menu for my "My "Accidental" Show"?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to customize the menu for your show. You can choose from a variety of recipes and products to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. Your consultant will work with you to create a menu that best suits your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • deanna_g