• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent

I originally called them ghetto, but decided that wasn't very nice, and if I'm going to profess to be nice, well then I'll have to be nice... :)I think that must be like our "Chav" (Council House And Violent!) culture over here! :pI was just going to mention that no-one would have a clue what you meant by Chavvy!! (Although I have to admit that I didn't know the acronym!).I don't know what that means either, but it doesn't sound very nice.
pamperedthorpe
This is a bit of a rant, so sorry in advance! :blushing:

Jen and I had a show last night with someone who'd bought the rectangular baker at a past show and "wanted loads of stuff" so booked a show. We turned up at her place at 7 for 7.30, and discovered that it was practically a mansion - big long drive, four cars, three floors, loads of bedrooms, cavernous kitchen etc. As we walked in, the host said to us "I thought you could set up in the kitchen, as the candle lady is in the lounge, and there's jewellery too. I thought it was best to get all the shows out of the way in one go, so there's no need for you to do all your jargon, just do the cooking." :mad:

It turns out she'd pre-warned the person from PartyLite (who's just starting out and is presumably desperate for bookings) that we were doing a show too, but obviously didn't tell us 'cos we probably would have cancelled it. Jen was brilliant and just said "Well, it's ok with us, but obviously you won't get as many points to spend from a smaller show."

It turned out that, despite agreeing 7.30 with the host, she'd told people to come for 8 so I had everything ready to cook really early. Thankfully, we managed to talk the host into letting us do our cooking demo first, but we just did the recipe and plugged SW and a couple more items. In the end, it just scraped a qualifying show at £130 (we need £125 / $250 for it to qualify), but the candle lady hardly sold anything. At least we got another booking out of it.

I know this happened to someone else on Chef Success recently, and if we'd not read about it on here first I don't know what we would have done. So, thanks Chef Success for helping us keep a cool head!

Oh, and Jen's just told me we left our tablecloth there too... :mad:

OH MAN!
What a bummer!
That was really crappy that she did not tell you in advance "knowing" you would cancel it if you knew! That is just awful!
At least you qualified...I wouldn't do her any favors either with the host order or anything else for that matter if something comes up!

some people just have no tact!

Some people, as I have said many times are just plain RUDE!! Sorry that happened, but it sounds like you handled it beautifully :)

Unannounced multi-vendor showOK, I have to say this -- just because you have money, doesn't mean you have class.

You ladies handled it beautifully and I am glad that you at least qualified.:chef: That is the important part.

ChefEileen said:
You ladies
AHEM!!! :eek:

ChefEileen said:
just because you have money, doesn't mean you have class
Indeed. I called them nouveau riche, Jen called them Chavvy! :p

pamperedthorpe said:
AHEM!!! :eek:

Indeed. I called them nouveau riche, Jen called them Chavvy! :p

I'm gonna go ahead and call them tacky and self absorbed for not telling you about the other vendors.

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm gonna go ahead and call them tacky and self absorbed for not telling you about the other vendors.

I love the way you think!

Kristina21 said:
I love the way you think!
I originally called them ghetto, but decided that wasn't very nice, and if I'm going to profess to be nice, well then I'll have to be nice... :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I originally called them ghetto
I think that must be like our "Chav" (Council House And Violent!) culture over here! :p

I was just going to mention that no-one would have a clue what you meant by Chavvy!! (Although I have to admit that I didn't know the acronym!).

BTW, I'm the "other Brit", but living in Ohio now. (I said hi in your thread in the "member's introduction", in case you didn't see it there...)

Annabel

Still don't know exactly what Chav means, but if it equates to ghetto, I get the point!

Now along with the C-S lingo I accidentally type in various emails, I'm gonna learn British slang to confuse even more people with! Yippee!!

:blushing: OOPS sorry Alex.

I am real sorry she was not upfront with her party intentions. As a personal rule I very rarely agree to doing a show with other home based businesses. It cuts the sales short.

That is so rude and makes the host look really greedy, like she's too lazy to invite people over more than once.

I had this happen in May and before anyone could get involved w/the jewelry (Cookie Lee cash & carry), I pointed out that the nice thing in today's economy is that a PC purchase is a guilt-free purchase and can even help you save money. My show was over $600 so I was happy.:D :D :D I tried not to sound catty when I said that but still tried to plant the seed of guilt with a Cookie Lee purchase. I think it worked.;)

UGH! Sounds like you both acted WITH CLASS, as opposed to the rude lady who thought she deserved you to both come and cook food for her guests. Glad you got a booking...make sure you host coach that booking so they don't think the show she was attending is the "norm"!!

That is extremely rude, I would have been upset as well. I have done shows though with other direct sales companies and I did really well, and I have found that PC always sells more then the other companies.

Oh and don't you hate when you leave something behind! I had a show an hour from here and left behind some stuff, I had to drive back the next day to get it, what a waste of gas.

Oh wow... if I didn't know you were in the UK... I would almost think it was the same lady who did this to me a few weeks ago!! LOL.

Related to Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent

1. What is an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent" event?

An "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent" is a unique type of event where multiple vendors gather together to showcase and sell their products, usually in a casual and relaxed setting. These events are typically unannounced and are often held in a home or small venue.

2. How is an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent" different from a regular vendor show?

Unlike a regular vendor show, an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent" is not advertised beforehand. This creates a more exclusive and intimate shopping experience for attendees, as they are usually invited by the host or know someone who is hosting the event.

3. Can anyone attend an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent"?

While these events are not open to the general public, they are often open to friends, family, and acquaintances of the host or vendors. If you are interested in attending an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent", reach out to the host or a participating vendor to see if you can be added to the guest list.

4. What types of products are typically sold at an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent"?

The products sold at these events can vary greatly, as they are dependent on the vendors participating. However, you can often find a variety of home goods, clothing, jewelry, beauty products, and more at an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent".

5. Can I become a vendor at an "Unannounced Multi-Vendor Show - Vent"?

If you are interested in becoming a vendor at one of these events, reach out to the host or a participating vendor to inquire about future opportunities. It is also helpful to have a strong social network and connections within the community to increase your chances of being invited to participate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Veevahchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76