• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugliest Scraper Contest: Fun and Unique Sales Boosting Idea

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of holding an Ugliest Scraper Contest at shows and what type of prize to give the winner. Suggestions for prizes include a new Small Mix 'N Scraper, a Season's Best Recipe Collection, or items from the outlet. The group also shares other contest ideas such as cutest slippers and pajamas. The conversation ends with a question about ordering from the outlet through personal websites.
pampered2007
I was wondering if anyone has done an Ugliest Scraper Contest at their shows and if so; what you gave as a prize to the guest who brought the ugliest scraper? Thanks! I thought this might be a good way to boost some sales in a fun way!

I have heard about this - usually, the winner gets a new Small Mix 'N Scraper. You could always add it to the host's order so you can get it at a discount. HTH!

Some of the pretty blue/aqua ones on the outlet would be GREAT prizes!

I would think too that replacing the ugly scraper with a new one would be ideal. But what about a new Season's Best Recipe Collection as a gift to the winner??

pampered2007 said:
I would think too that replacing the ugly scraper with a new one would be ideal. But what about a new Season's Best Recipe Collection as a gift to the winner??

I don't think it matters what you give people. If they're getting something free, they're happy!! :) I do like the idea of getting scrapers from the Outlet for prizes. Would be a lot cheaper then getting the ones we have in the catalog!

I gave a new mix n scraper. It went over well, but I have not tried it with a cheaper gift. I am still so scared I am going to get horrible reactions to a SB or citrus peeler.

I have done contests before (cutest slippers, PJ contest, etc.) and always just given out a door prize (<$2 items) and no one has balked. I think they get more excited about the CONTEST than the PRIZE!

You could do a new scraper, or something else small that you have...no worries on what it is!

straitfan said:
Some of the pretty blue/aqua ones on the outlet would be GREAT prizes!

I actually thought these were nice. Am I in the minority?? LOL

pampered2007 said:

That's what I've given. I try to keep my spending down to a minimum and when they do this contest, they are making their follow up calls prior to the show which means the attendance goes up!:D

vwpamperedchef said:
I actually thought these were nice. Am I in the minority?? LOL
I think they are great and would make a great "better" door prize than the citrus peeler! I know I will be putting some in MY kitchen! And the last show I did with prizes, the twixits went but not the SB or the paring knives...go figure!

before I ws a consultant at my 1st ever show the consultant did this. It was really fun/funny to see how horribly gross/ugly they where.

What other kind of contests do y'all have? I saw cutest slippers and pjs, what else? I may try this for one of my july shows. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Thank you everyone for such great ideas! Can we order from the outlet off of our own personal websites? I haven't ordered from the outlet before.

Related to Ugliest Scraper Contest: Fun and Unique Sales Boosting Idea

What is the Ugliest Scraper Contest?

The Ugliest Scraper Contest is an annual competition held by Pampered Chef to find the ugliest, most creative and unique scraper creations made by our customers.

How can I enter the Ugliest Scraper Contest?

To enter the Ugliest Scraper Contest, you can create your own scraper using any materials you choose and share a photo of it on social media with the hashtag #UgliestScraperContest. You can also submit your entry on our website.

Is there a prize for winning the Ugliest Scraper Contest?

Yes, there is a grand prize of a $500 Pampered Chef shopping spree for the winner of the Ugliest Scraper Contest. There will also be runner-up prizes for second and third place winners.

Can I use a Pampered Chef product to make my Ugliest Scraper Contest entry?

Yes, you can use any Pampered Chef product in your scraper creation. In fact, we encourage it! Get creative and see what unique scraper you can come up with using our products.

When is the deadline to enter the Ugliest Scraper Contest?

The deadline to enter the Ugliest Scraper Contest is usually in the fall, but be sure to check our website and social media pages for specific dates each year. Don't wait too long to submit your entry!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinthehouse
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies