• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Recipes: The Perfect Cooking Show Combination

lots of times). My Hospitality Director does 2 almost every time she does a demo. She likes to do a dessert and a main dish so the show goes by quickly!
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Has anyone ever done two recipes at a show? If so, what two work well together?

I sometimes do two, but usually the second one is a beverage. And I actually do it first (and have most of it completely prepped so it only takes a couple of minutes to do).Actually, that's a really good idea for any secondary recipe - have it mostly done so that it doesn't take much time.

Yes, you definitely must be fairly new...when I started, we all did 2 recipes! Now I only offer a second if the host has 20 or more confirmed guests.

I love doing the Greek Cheese Torta and TRiple Citrus Mojitos. I've also done the Creamy One-pot Pasta and one of the microwave cakes in the fluted pan (that was for a big group).

The one thing you should keep in mind when choosing a second recipe is that it uses different tools than your main recipe and shouldn't take long...maybe do most ahead of time and just finish it off. Just be wary of taking too long...after 45 minutes folks start taking things OFF their list!

HTH

i have done the triple citrus mojitos with the jerk chicken nachoes and also with the summer berry shortcakes.

i had a host with a sweet tooth once & she wanted me to make the warm nutty brownies and the summer berry shortcakes. that was a pain trying to coordinate that...

I only do two recipes when I have confirmed attendance of over 20. Typically it is a recipe that is already completed before everyone arrives.

I rarely do two, but if I do, one is done before guests arrive. Usually it is a Micro cake in the Fluted Pan. Doing a demo of two recipes I find you begin to lose people.

My Hospitality Director does a Microwave cake in the Fluted Stone along with whatever other recipe she's doing. She uses it to talk up the stoneware. She has the cake all prepped (cake mix per directions, then add 10 peanut butter cups), does her intro, talks about the stone, puts it in the microwave, then leaves it until she's done. After she's done her demo and "released" her guests, she'll take the cake out and do the topping.

I think I may start doing this as well. She says she sells a lot of the Fluted Stone because of this demo.

The first time I did 2 recipes, it was for my best friend. I actually came a little earlier so she could "help" with it. I made the warm nutty caramel brownies. By the time guests we arriving it had just come out of the oven. I had them wash their hands and we ALL finished it by topping it with the Rollo's. they were drooling the minute they walked in the door. :~D The actual recipe we made together was the jerk chicken nachos.

I have a show next week, where I'm doing 2 recipes. 30 minute chicken in microwave and while that's cooking we'll be doing chocolate raspberry cookie trifle.

I look at it as an opportunity for them to get their hands on a ton of tools. And if you keep it interactive the show still goes pretty fast. jmo

30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites

Strawberry Spinach Salad and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites

I usually do some kind of biscuit bites if my demo does not include cookware.
I get them all ready to go and pop them in the oven about 15 minutes before party time - and then slide them out of the pan and onto a piece of SA, and pass them around as I introduce the interactive party.

I like the idea of using the Fluted Stone. She seems to want the Creamy One-Pot Pasta which is one of my favorites. Should I do a type of bread to go with it or a dessert. This is going to be a 10am show.

I would say the garlic bites would be good with that!

I sometimes do 2 if I know there are going to be more than 10 or if the hosts wants it. I will have one completely done I like to do dips to show off spices and then a main dish that we do interactive style. I would also do a skillet cake or a micro cake something that's quick to compliment the main dish!

I make the rice cooker lava cake at every show along w/ whatever recipe I am doing for the demo. I do the cake last, and have the guests mix it up while I am talking about other items.

I definitely like doing 2 recipes - so I am probably in the minority (but I have only been doing this a year).

My second recipe is usually a quickie (all done except one or two items). I love having a dessert done and just using the EAD to add whipped cream.

I like doing the Skillet Lasagna and Garlic Bites together. I demo both - but they are quick and easy and do not take long.

I think for the fall I am going to pair the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip and the Touchdown Taco Dip (the Taco Dip can go into the oven when guests arrive). I think I am going to call it Game Day Quick Dips.

I also pair a Skillet cake with whatever the main demo recipe is. Once again, the cake goes in the oven and I am just topping the cake at the end.

My favorite demo was an Elegant Appetizer show. The host was going to have a party in the next few weeks and wanted some appetizer ideas. So we did the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie (just minutes to prep and get into oven) and the Elegant Artichoke Cups. The Artichoke Cups were the main demo.

For a Brunch I do the mini-cinnamon/caramel rolls (from the holiday season last year) and either the Quiche Lorraine Tarlets or the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. The Cinnamon/Caramel rolls come out of the oven as guests arrive.

I am looking forward to seeing other ideas too!

I've also done the 30-minute chicken in the DCB in conjunction with the Jerk Chicken Nachos. I just wasn't thinking in that case that they are two different recipes :D

I'll put the chicken in almost as soon as I arrive, so it'll be ready for the guest to see when we get started on the Nachos. I will be doing this again at a show next week.

The key is to recognize which recipes are "A" recipes and which recipes are "B" recipes. "A" recipes are the more involved, longer recipes that you want to be your main demo. The "B" recipes are the quick, simple recipes that you can do in a few minutes, or you can do before/after the demo and quickly explain what you're doing. Doing two "A" recipes is overwhelming for both the guests and the host. You want to make sure that what you're doing is sill easily duplicatable, as you don't want to turn away potential recruit leads.

Just to update everyone, I am doing the Greek Cheese Torta first and then the Creamy One Pot Pasta second. This show is tomorrow morning at 10am. Wish me luck!

I'm sure it will be great!! Wishing you high sales, bookings and a recuit :)

Both times I've done 2 recipes, I've done a desert & a main dish. I end my intro with how there are no PC Police (talk about no territories, required # of shows or sales quotas so I can make the business work for me) and tell them that BECAUSE there are no PC Police, we're gonna make dessert first!

Just was thinking about this as I have 20 confirmed on Sunday. We're making the pina colada upside down cake. What second recipe sounds good with this? Don't want it taking too long or maybe just have it ready when they arrive. Maybe 30 minute chicken? Not sure if we'll do a 2nd yet just depends on the host and if she is serving other things. Ideas?

What is the Rice Cooker Lava Cake?

I did the chicken tortilla casserole and the chocolate lava cake. While the chicken was cooking we prepped the cake. After the casserole was done I put in the cake, pulled it out to set, when everyone was done with the casserole it was time for the cake. Everything was done in the microwave in less than 30 minutes and did not heat up the house which is a plus in texas since it has been 100 degrees here. By the way the chicken tortilla casserole is awesome. I sold alot of stones tonight. I figured that you could make it in any stone baker.

I almost always add the rice cooker cake to shows. I have it all mixed up and ready to go and point to it during intros/demo and tell people that we will be making a 10 minute microwave cake that is awesome. I would love to substitute the fluted stone, but worry that it won't be as easy.

Humble Beginnings said:
I'm sure it will be great!! Wishing you high sales, bookings and a recuit :)

Thank you for the encouragement, Carol.

jkinak said:
I almost always add the rice cooker cake to shows. I have it all mixed up and ready to go and point to it during intros/demo and tell people that we will be making a 10 minute microwave cake that is awesome. I would love to substitute the fluted stone, but worry that it won't be as easy.

Believe it or not, I micro cakes at work using the fluted stone. They are always amazed that a cake would turn out so well in a microwave. Working on future sales there...and it is slowly paying off. "Feed them and they will buy!" :D I put them under the micro cake spell! :p

Related to Two Recipes: The Perfect Cooking Show Combination

1. What is "Two Recipes: The Perfect Cooking Show Combination"?

"Two Recipes: The Perfect Cooking Show Combination" is a cooking show concept where two different recipes are showcased in one episode. It allows viewers to learn and try out two new dishes at once.

2. How are the two recipes chosen for each episode?

Our team carefully selects two recipes that complement each other and can be prepared in a reasonable amount of time. We also consider the seasonality of ingredients and popular food trends.

3. Can viewers suggest recipes to be featured on the show?

Yes, we welcome recipe suggestions from our viewers. You can send in your recipe ideas through our website or social media channels. If your recipe is chosen, we will give you a shoutout during the episode!

4. Are the recipes demonstrated on the show original or from a cookbook?

Our recipes are a mix of original creations from our team of chefs and modified versions of popular recipes from cookbooks. We always give credit to the original source of inspiration for each recipe.

5. Will the ingredients and cooking tools used on the show be available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, all the ingredients and cooking tools used on the show are available for purchase through Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • phun2cook
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • wadesgirl