• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tuxedo Brownie Cups: Small Box or Family Size?

i make them all the time. The filling freezes really well, so you could definitely make them the night before and just fill them in the morning. I just put mine in the empress an hour before serving.
kam
Staff member
Since I don't have much luck with the Truffle Brownie Cups - I thought I would give the Tuxedo Brownie cups a try. But I have a couple questions:

The recipe calls for starting out with a brownie mix:
1 package (19-21 oz) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make mix)

1. Does anyone know if this is a SMALL brownie mix (for a 9x9 pan) or the FAMILY size? I know I could determine this if I were at the store - but I am at work and only know that I have a SMALL box at home (but don't know if that is what I need).

2. Also: I am guessing that I could make the Brownie part like the Truffle Brownie Cups (since that doesn't use a brownie mix) and just fill those with the Tuxedo Brownie Cups filling. Has anyone tried that??

THANKS!

I have made the tuxedo brownies quite a few times using a box of brownie mix. I believe it is considered family size and that is the size I usually buy.

I would think that you can also make the brownie part like the truffles but I have not done that.

Good luck!

i just buy the regular size box for a 9x9 pan (or 8x8 - depending on your preference).

I make these all the time, and LOVE them!!
I normally buy the regular sized box (the one that you'd put in a 9x13 pan). I guess you could use the smaller box, and you just wouldn't have as many as the other sized box.

Since I have the smaller box already at home, I will give it a try. Thanks!

My DD bakes them all the time just using the family size brownie mix and following those directions to bake them in the mini-muffin pan. My GS loves the little brownies and enjoys helping cook them. I presume the regular box makes 24. The family size box makes 48.

It's the 9x13 size - but it makes 48 cups. So, I would think if this is your first time and you are just practicing the recipe, it would be fine to just make a half batch!

Just don't try refrigerate the filling and then pipe it in. Do it before you refrigerate!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's the 9x13 size - but it makes 48 cups. So, I would think if this is your first time and you are just practicing the recipe, it would be fine to just make a half batch!

Just don't try refrigerate the filling and then pipe it in. Do it before you refrigerate!!!

Thanks for the warning! I can see myself refrigerating the filling without even thinking! Actually since we freeze the filling for the Truffle Br Cups - I could see myself sticking it in the freezer for a few minutes!

kam said:
Thanks for the warning! I can see myself refrigerating the filling without even thinking! Actually since we freeze the filling for the Truffle Br Cups - I could see myself sticking it in the freezer for a few minutes!

Yeah, one time I thought I would be so efficient, and make the filling the night before, and just fill them at the show. Well, the filling gets so solid, there is no way to push it through the EAD. I ended up having to scoop it into the brownies, and it wasn't nearly as busy. Plus, I had put it into the EAD before refrigerating it - so I had to scoop it OUT of the EAD!:eek:

OMG, these are one of my all time faves! I may have to make these soon...:)

What is the difference between the Small Box and Family Size of Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

The Small Box contains 12 individual Tuxedo Brownie Cups while the Family Size contains 24 cups.

What is the serving size for Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

The recommended serving size is one Tuxedo Brownie Cup per person.

How do I prepare Tuxedo Brownie Cups?

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the Tuxedo Brownie Cups on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before serving.

Can Tuxedo Brownie Cups be frozen?

Yes, Tuxedo Brownie Cups can be frozen for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container before freezing.

Are Tuxedo Brownie Cups gluten-free?

No, Tuxedo Brownie Cups contain wheat and may contain traces of other allergens. Please check the ingredient list for specific allergen information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • redmelissy