• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the Best Hands-On Tools for a 'Try Before You Buy' Fundraiser Event?

In summary, the conversation discusses a fundraiser open house/cooking show and the idea of setting up a table with "try before you buy" items. The suggested tools to demonstrate include the Ultimate Mandolin, chopper, deluxe cheese grater, EAD, Apple peeler corer slicer, apple wedger, can opener, microplane, quick stir pitcher, meat tenderizer, salad and berry spinner, and food chopper. The conversation also suggests using inexpensive items such as potatoes, citrus, peanuts, and saltines for demonstrations.
melindag
I'm doing a fundraiser open house/cooking show next weekend - and I was thinking about setting up a table with a few "try before you buy" items - like having the Ultimate Mandolin set up with potatoes to slice, etc.

What are your favorite tools to do a hands on "try me" kind of thing?

Melinda

I think it is a great idea, but I might not do the mandolin... eventho it is much safer than the old one. I would do the chopper, deluxe cheese grater, EAD, Apple peeler corer slicer, apple wedger, can opener... trying to come up with more.....

I would definately do the food chopper, the microplane, can opener, and quick stir pitcher; possibly meat tenderizer, salad and berry spinner and mandoline.

Get the cheapest things you can, such as potatoes for the chopper and whatever citrus is on sale for the microplane. I also use the cheapest peanuts to show the food holder feature of the microplane. For the can opener, save cans right now and have folks open the other end (if you can) or buy cans of things you can use for other recipes at home later. With the quick stir pitcher, get some glitter and put in a few tablespoons with the water (got that idea on this site and it works!); use inexpensive saltines in a ziplock to demo the meat tenderizer.

The salad chopper is awesome for anything you can chop in a bowl. I find the best visual is a whole medium to large onion. (Then you could chop them up further with the food chopper!) Peeled cucumbers would be another inexpensive thing this time of the year and even more potatoes -- cooked to show how easy it is to make potato salad with the salad chopper.

Good luck!

The salad & berry spinner is a great idea. My mom just bought one & even though I showed her how to use it, she couldn't get over how great it was when she & my dad did it by themselves. My dad was so sure he had gotten all the water out using the colander part & then my mom did the spinner & of course tons of water came out!

, that sounds like a great idea for your fundraiser open house! Giving your guests a chance to try out some of our products before they buy is a great way to showcase their quality and functionality. Some of my favorite hands-on tools for a "try me" station include our Garlic Press, Food Chopper, and Microplane Zester. These tools are easy to use and demonstrate, and they always impress with their efficiency and precision. I also recommend having some of our popular seasonings and spices available for guests to taste and see how they can enhance their cooking experience. Best of luck with your event!

What is the "Try Before You Buy" program?

The "Try Before You Buy" program allows customers to try out Pampered Chef products before making a purchase. It's a great way to experience the quality and functionality of our products before committing to a purchase.

How does the "Try Before You Buy" program work?

To participate in the program, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know which products you're interested in trying. Your consultant will schedule a demonstration or cooking party where you can try out the products and see how they work in person.

Is there a cost to participate in the "Try Before You Buy" program?

No, there is no cost to participate in the "Try Before You Buy" program. It is a complimentary service offered by Pampered Chef to showcase the quality and functionality of our products.

Can I try any product in the Pampered Chef catalog?

The products available for the "Try Before You Buy" program may vary depending on your consultant's inventory. However, most consultants have a wide range of products available for customers to try.

Do I have to make a purchase after trying the products?

There is no obligation to make a purchase after trying the products. The "Try Before You Buy" program is simply a way for customers to experience the quality of Pampered Chef products before making a decision to buy. Your consultant will be happy to assist you with any purchases, but there is no pressure to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookingwithmichelle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Cookin'Janet
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Brandie
  • Sara Dawn