• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

True Here's Your Sign Moments: Funny Stories from Everyday Life

In summary, the sign reads "Welcome to Quaker Steak & Lube, America's #1 motorsports-themed family restaurant."
pcchris
Silver Member
my ds just told me this story, and it made me think of Bill Engvall's "here's your sign" award...for those of you who know what that is:

(Now, this is seriously a true story.)

He was a McDonalds the other morning, and the lady in front of him ACTUALLY asked what an iced coffee was. The employee said "coffee on ice". Then this woman asked "is it cold?" :eek:

Here's your sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have any experiences that should win a "Here's your sign" award?

I was at a DQ drive-through and the disembodied voice asked me if my order was to stay or to go.

I do my whole demo yesterday (Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake) I always get people raving about the cake and I talk about what a great cake it is coming from the microwave. She said- You microwaved that! Apparently she ws so wrapped up in the catalog or the bingo game she wasn't listening much to the demo

My sign is right here.<----------------

When showing the Classic Batter Bowl at a show I mentioned how you can put it in the oven and gave the example of the Barbie Cake. A guest asked me "won't the doll melt?". Here's your sign.

http://www.lubewings.com/

An interesting sign.....I can honestly tell you I had to take a double look when we went past this the other day...:eek:

jwpamp said:
http://www.lubewings.com/

An interesting sign.....I can honestly tell you I had to take a double look when we went past this the other day...:eek:
That link just goes to their website...what are we supposed to be looking at? I am interested now....:p

Just the sign....Quaker Steak and LUBE?? I am wondering why I need to LUBE while I am eating steak??

Must be a midwest thing. Hmmm....I am wondering where Kitchen Guy is right about now? LOL!

jwpamp said:
Just the sign....Quaker Steak and LUBE?? I am wondering why I need to LUBE while I am eating steak??

Must be a midwest thing. Hmmm....I am wondering where Kitchen Guy is right about now? LOL!
The 'lube' might be referring to an alcoholic beverage.......maybe?

Welcome to Quaker Steak & Lube, America's #1 motorsports-themed family restaurant.

Actually, I think it's in reference to like an OIL CHANGE and LUBE?

BTW, their food is GREAT!!:p

KellyTheChef said:
Welcome to Quaker Steak & Lube, America's #1 motorsports-themed family restaurant.

Actually, I think it's in reference to like an OIL CHANGE and LUBE?
So, do you get your oil changed while you eat dinner?

I dunno but I have a seriously dirty mind, apparently. LOL

Laura, Me too, I guess....this is heading to the gutter...LOL!!!!

pkd09 said:
When showing the Classic Batter Bowl at a show I mentioned how you can put it in the oven and gave the example of the Barbie Cake. A guest asked me "won't the doll melt?". Here's your sign.
I've had the same question asked to me! After I kept my head down for a few seconds, so that she would see my shock:eek: and utter dismay on my face, ( cause my hubby says that you can tell what I'm thinking all over my face, even when I'm not talking!) So You know my facial expression was saying "WHAT??? :confused: :eek: You idiot!" I didn't say it and I'm usually so polite to everyone, so I kept my head down looking at what I was doing for a few moments and then I sweetly said, "No honey, you don't put the doll in the cake until after it's made!" Oyyyy! :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D The whole room exploded in laughter. I later proceeded to make sure that I was really nice to the young lady so that I didn't offend her! But I was just so shocked:eek: !

Last edited:
I asked my guests at my show last night for ideas that I can share regarding the new products, because I tell everyone that our kitchen tools always have more than one use -- and I always get great ideas from my customers to share with others.

Well, one had a great suggestion about the salad spinner...she boldly blurted out: "it would be great to use to spin your panties dry" and another quickly added: "yeah, after you washed them in the quick stir pitcher!".

Oh my, I have such a great group of customers!!!:eek:

We always have fun! My sales were great!

In a previous life, I was connected with a family that owned an automobile repair shop. My future ex-wife worked with a woman, Debbie, who was delightfully dumb, someone a couple of tacos short of a combination plate.Debbie wanted to drop her car off at the shop but was going to do so after hours. It was the height of Summer, a beautfiul warm day, and the 14' overhead door was fully open. There was a mail slot in the overhead door...We informed Debbie that she should just lock up her car and drop the keys in the mail slot. She looked up at the mail slot on the open door and said, "I don't think I can reach that high."I really, really hope she didn't reproduce.

pamperedlinda said:
So, do you get your oil changed while you eat dinner?
No...it's just a themed restaurant. Old metal signs, TV's on with races, etc.

Years ago I worked at a banking headquarters, in the personnel deparment. My boss oversaw the young woman at the reception desk. When other departments needed a little extra typing done, they would have the receptionist do it. We in the personnel department would proofread her work. She was always being chided for not running spellcheck. She swore up and down she had, but we could tell she hadn't.

After I had been there for about a year, they moved her to one of the other companies at the headquarters. During the time they were searching for a replacement, I often filled in at her station. The first time I needed to type something up, I noticed several misspellings. I knew I had run spellcheck. I spoke with the former receptionist later in the day. Mystery solved. Every time spellcheck would question a word, she would click "Add to Dictionary." That's right. Every misspelling she had ever typed was now considered a legitimate word by her computer. The tech guys had to reload the software on that computer.

Oh, by the way, the company she transferred to? The credit card company. Doesn't that make you want to check your last several bills?

My sister is my very best friend. That being said, she says some really stupid things. When we were in high school, she dropped her boyfriend off at home and told him, "Bye. Call me when you get home."

Another time, we were at an airport and she had a belt on with a big metal belt buckle (it was the 80's) and she walked through the metal detector and it sounded off. The attendant told her she had to take the belt off. So she did, and she walked through the metal detector again, only this time, she had her belt in her hand. She looked so confused when the metal detector sounded off again.

DanielleQ, I'm ROTFLMBO! Oh that is hilarious, especially the part about dropping off her boyfriend, LOL! I was eating and almost spit out my food, cause I started to laugh and started to choke at the same time!!!!:p :eek: Luckily I didn't or you all could give me a sign for reading this funny thread while eating!!!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

What is "Here's Your Sign..."?

"Here's Your Sign..." is a fun and interactive game that allows players to guess popular kitchen tools and gadgets based on visual clues. It is a great way to learn about and familiarize yourself with Pampered Chef products.

How do I play "Here's Your Sign..."?

To play "Here's Your Sign...", simply gather a group of players and take turns holding up a kitchen tool or gadget for the others to guess. The player holding the item can give visual clues, but cannot use words or sounds. The first player to guess correctly gets a point. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.

What types of kitchen tools and gadgets are included in "Here's Your Sign..."?

"Here's Your Sign..." includes a wide variety of Pampered Chef products, such as knives, cookware, bakeware, and kitchen utensils. The game also includes some popular kitchen items that are not Pampered Chef products, to make the game more challenging and fun.

Can "Here's Your Sign..." be played online?

Currently, "Here's Your Sign..." is only available as an in-person game. However, you can easily adapt the game for virtual play by using video conferencing tools and holding up the items to the camera instead of in person.

Is "Here's Your Sign..." suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Here's Your Sign..." is suitable for all ages. It is a great game for families to play together and can also be enjoyed by adults at parties or events. However, adult supervision may be needed for younger players to ensure they do not play with sharp or potentially dangerous items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies