• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with the Ultimate Mandoline: Experiences & Tips

In summary, the person feels that the Mandoline is not as good as other mandolines and it leaves slices on top.
AMTC
Gold Member
...I can use the Ultimate Mandoline fine at home, but the two times I've demo'd it, it flopped - Last night it wouldn't slice- (Could I have had the food guard on backwards? It clicked, but didn't slice)

Anyhow, I'm thinking of not using it in shows....:(

Anybody else have any trouble?

A few things -- make sure that you have the guard on the right way and on the right track -- there are two tracks...the deeper one is for when it's in use - the farther out one is for storage. Also...watch the demo video on CC (it's still on there, right?) and keep practicing!!

This happened to me last week at a show(ending up smushing a tomato!) - and when I got home, I realized that although the blade looked like it was in right, it wasn't all the way locked in place!

I always have trouble with the Mandoline at shows. Even when I don't, I still get comments that it looks hard to use because of how you really need to get goiing for it to be smooth. I feel like the clicking/triggering of the blade makes it look/sound awkward.

I was religious about the USG using daily for 9 years and love love loved it, so I am no newbie. Why oh why can't I love the mandoline?

I too am not a fan of the Mandoline.

I find that our old style got the very last slice. This one does not. Or, am I doing it wrong. I just feel for the money there are many other mandolines out there that why choose one that is so tempermental.

I am trying to love it too but for now I am focusing all the many other products available.

Are there any tricks of the trade to get it to work. I have viewed the video with out much success. Any advice is welcomed.

I practiced it when it first came out. I usually slice things before I go to the show and leave a small piece to demo. (saves on time) Well, I got to my show....the demo was great until I got to the mandolin! I looked like some amatuer trying to use it! I told them....I don't know what the problem is...I just sliced all these cukes up before the show. I felt like such an idiot! Needless to say, I didn't sell any at that show! I haven't sold ONE yet! Of course, after that, I don't demo it. Maybe it's bad of me but I was totally embarrassed! I wish that they would just put a stand on the old USG! And put the blades in a snap on case or something. I use my USG in my kitchen all of the time! Oh well....I guess not everyone will like everything the same. Sometimes change isn't good for me I guess! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
This happened to me last week at a show(ending up smushing a tomato!) - and when I got home, I realized that although the blade looked like it was in right, it wasn't all the way locked in place!

Been there, done that!

I like the old one better!!

I just had someone call me to return the new one!!!:eek:

I had this problem until I MADE myself use the UM at home and put the USG up and refused to master the UM or cut my hand off! It has gotten much better since then. So much better that I sild my USG to a friend the other day.

I too feel like it doesn't get the last piece. It leaves it on top and I have to "push" it through.

Related to Trouble with the Ultimate Mandoline: Experiences & Tips

What are the most common issues people face when using the Ultimate Mandoline?

Some of the most common issues people face when using the Ultimate Mandoline include difficulty adjusting the blade, trouble with the safety guard, uneven slicing, and trouble cleaning the device.

How can I properly adjust the blade on the Ultimate Mandoline?

To adjust the blade on the Ultimate Mandoline, first unlock the blade by pressing the button on the side. Then, use the adjustment knob to choose your desired thickness. Make sure to lock the blade back in place before use.

What can I do if the safety guard on my Ultimate Mandoline is not working properly?

If your safety guard is not working properly, make sure it is properly attached to the device. If it is, try adjusting the blade to a lower setting to prevent the guard from getting caught. If the issue persists, contact our customer service for further assistance.

How can I ensure even slicing with the Ultimate Mandoline?

To ensure even slicing, make sure the food you are slicing is centered on the blade and that you are applying even pressure as you slide it across the blade. You can also use the included food holder to keep your hands at a safe distance and ensure even pressure.

What is the best way to clean the Ultimate Mandoline?

To clean the Ultimate Mandoline, first disassemble the device and wash the parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. Additionally, be sure to clean the blade carefully, as it is very sharp. You can also use a mild cleaning solution specifically designed for kitchen equipment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies