• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Trifle Alternatives for Your Open House

In summary, the conversation discussed different ideas for a tropical themed trifle for an open house. The first suggestion was a Pina Colada Trifle recipe with ingredients such as pineapple cake, lemon yogurt, heavy cream, and rum extract. Other suggestions included using key lime pudding or a different flavor sherbert instead of lime sherbert. The conversation also mentioned using celery as a diabetes-friendly alternative. Overall, the Pina Colada Trifle was deemed a delicious and highly recommended option.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I am not so thrilled w/ the lime sherbet trifle.....I would like to still keep with the Tropical theme though for my open house....I've been trying to think of an alternate Tropical Trifle recipe and would really love to hear what other peoples ideas are???

yellow cake
toasted coconut
cool whip
mixture of vanilla pudding and drained crushed pineapple
nuts?
Something along those lines?

I was not thrilled with the Lime Berry Trifle either.

If you just don't like the sherbert part, you can replace it with key lime pudding Or a different flavor sherbert.

I used less lime juice then it called for and used Rainbow sherbert.

This was in a recent Family Circle magazine. I havent' tried it, but it sounds yummy.

Pina Colada Trifle

1 box (18.25 oz) pineapple or banana cake mix
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 c lemon yogurt
3 eggs
1 1/2 c heavy cream
2 t rum extract
1 1/2 c marshmallow cream
2 cans (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 c shredded coconut
2/3 c maraschino cherries
1/4 c toasted cococnot fur garnish, if desired

Heat oven to 350f.

In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, yogurt, and eggs on low for 30 seconds. increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl after one minute.

Spoon batter into oiled 9x13x2-inch pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool on rack completely. Trim off about 1 inch from edges and reserve for snacking. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes.

In a large bowl, beat heave cream and rum extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the marshmallow cream; fold in crushed pineapple with its juice.

Place half of the cake cubes in a 14- to 16-cup trifle dish; gently press to compact. Sprinkle half of the coconut and scatter half of the cherries over cubes. Spoon half of the whipped cream mixture evenly over cubes. Repeat layering. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired, before serving.

Rae that sounds yummy!!

The bad thing: just thinking about it raises my blood sugar about 50 points![MUST think about celery. Yeah, celery. Cool, crisp, no sugar, diabetes-friendly celery. Yum??]

Last edited:
Mmmmm that Pina Colada trifle sounds DELISH!!

Yum Raebates! That sounds yummy! I will be copying that and pasting it to my triffle bowl recipes! Yum, oops I said that already!:eek: ;) :p Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Rae!Rae - that sounds so good! I think I'll try it! Thanks so much.:)

Related to Tropical Trifle Alternatives for Your Open House

1. What is included in the "Other Tropical Trifles" set?

The "Other Tropical Trifles" set includes a pineapple corer, a mango slicer, a melon baller, a citrus zester, and a coconut tool.

2. Are the tools in the set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the tools in the "Other Tropical Trifles" set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can the pineapple corer also be used to core other fruits?

Yes, the pineapple corer can also be used to core apples, pears, and other similar sized fruits.

4. How do I use the coconut tool?

To use the coconut tool, first puncture the coconut's three eyes with the pointed end. Then use the blade to pry open the top of the coconut. Finally, use the curved end to scrape out the coconut meat.

5. Is the "Other Tropical Trifles" set covered by a warranty?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a lifetime warranty on all of their products, including the "Other Tropical Trifles" set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • chefinbiz