• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Executive Cookware really as easy to clean as they say?

In summary, the conversation revolved around different types of cookware and their pros and cons. The participants shared their experiences with using different types of cookware, with some preferring the Executive Cookware due to its durability and ease of cleaning, while others preferred stainless steel for its versatility. Some mentioned the inconvenience of having to scrub off stuck-on food from non-stick pans, while others suggested tips for easier cleaning. Overall, it was concluded that the Executive Cookware was a great option for everyday use and for demonstrations, while stainless steel was better for occasional use.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
It reminded me of why I love:love: my Executive Cookware!:grumpy:

I did the skillet pizza for DS and I (DH is out of town until Sunday) but added spinach and mushrooms to it. It baked okay - didn't have a need to broil though - the cheese got nice and toasty just with baking. And it tasted good. What I didn't like though is that any cheese that made it onto the pan stuck there - and I had to scrub hard to get it off. There is "goo" stuck to the sides, and I'm not sure what it is (I used the Garlic Blend oil to oil the pan) and already my skillet looks yucky.....and now I am going to have to do something to try get it looking nice again before my next show.:grumpy: :cry:
What I love about the Exec. Cookware is that I can use it everyday, and take it to shows and say "These are not just show pieces - these are workhorse pieces of cookware - I use them everyday, and then bring them to shows and they still look like new, and without any effort on my part!"

But it's what "real" cooks use! I'm not a "real" cook. I like mine looking shiny and new. I'll have to "Crisco" the SS pan before I try it.

thats what i was afraid of .. i think i'm just going to keep talking up the exec. cookware .. i dont like the fact that with the ss you cant just rub out the burnt cheese .. you have to scrub .. it sucks

i'm with you on the executive cookware. i work hard enough chasing after a 3 year old i don't feel like working hard on cleaning up after dinner! i'll stick to my executive!!

Yeah, chefbeckyd, I'm not a huge fan either!:grumpy: I do think they are beautiful but I think I'm going to still promote the executive pans like crazy! So what if they are not dishwasher safe, they aren't hard to wash! The effort that it will take to scrub out the ss one just to put it in the D-washer, is not worth it!:thumbdown: They will make some people happy and I'll even promote them as great for people who love that type of cooking but,:( yeah, I'm with you!
I know that with the pan-o-rama, I'm going to use those points for the executive sets for me!!! I also need to get the grill pan, now that I know that in 6 months the professional cookware will be discontinued:mad: :cry: ! I like having an option that is not so expensive but really good quality, especially for people who don't cook much!

If no one gives you any advice on this thread on how to get that mess :yuck: off your pan, then I'd start a thread asking for advice! Just an idea!;) Good luck!:balloon:

I bought the exec. set for myself in the spring, having previously used stainless almost exclusively for a dozen or more years. My stainless is "tools of the trade", I think that is Macy's store brand. Anyhoo, I did love my stainless, while it does take scrubbing at times I never had a problem (eventually) getting it clean. And I did the boneheaded things with it like scorch milk and burn rice. I know you can put some hot water and a tiny drop of soap in it and bring it to a boil, that is supposed to help loosen stuff. I usually just put hot water and soap and let it soak. I am enjoying the exec. set though, but I think I will market the two lines as "get the best of both worlds" by having some of each. I won't be buying the stainless though, aside from a couple of pieces to show off, since my old stainless is just fine for the once in a blue moon when I prefer it over nonstick.

DH used ours last night to cook eggs. He loved how it cooked, but when he did the dishes there was still a bit of sticky stuff left on the edges. He used spray olive oil on it and it is definitely the spray. I with the others, for the one or two times a year that I will want to scrape the bottom of the pan, its not worth it the rest of year!! My Exec set is the best!

The Exec pans are not dishwasher safe?

No, the exec. pans are not dishwasher safe. In fact, you should probably never put non-stick in the dishwasher.

ljeffries said:
No, the exec. pans are not dishwasher safe. In fact, you should probably never put non-stick in the dishwasher.

Goes to show what a great cook I really am :blushing: :balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
I did the skillet pizza for DS and I (DH is out of town until Sunday) but added spinach and mushrooms to it. It baked okay - didn't have a need to broil though - the cheese got nice and toasty just with baking. And it tasted good. What I didn't like though is that any cheese that made it onto the pan stuck there - and I had to scrub hard to get it off. There is "goo" stuck to the sides, and I'm not sure what it is (I used the Garlic Blend oil to oil the pan) and already my skillet looks yucky.....and now I am going to have to do something to try get it looking nice again before my next show.:grumpy: :cry:
I made the little skillet pizza too. Had the same problem with the yellowish stuff. I heard that Barkeepers Friend is good for any stainless stuff, including cookware. It did work well and I have it looking back to new again, BUT that also took some work. Now, I didn't wash my saute pan right away after it cooled, so I'm sure this would help in the future. But, you're totally right, I think the non stick executive is much less maintenance. :thumbup: The SS sure is pretty though!!!:D

Ditto the barkeepers friend! I have yet to purchase PC cookware and have plans on the exec set. Right now I use Wolfgang Puck's bistro set and barkeeper's friend is wonderful for all stainless steel pans! I'm sure it will make the SS cookware look brand new all the time :)

Isn't Barkeepers Friend too abrasive? Or is that what it's for, stainless? I used it to clean the crap off the outside of my vanilla stones. That's why I thought it wouldn't work. I used the ss last night to make the garlic bites and now it has what look like water spots on the inside.

Huh? Wow and I had "big plans" on earning the 7 piece set of the stainless.Now I'm just not sure............

chefsteph07 said:
Isn't Barkeepers Friend too abrasive? Or is that what it's for, stainless? I used it to clean the crap off the outside of my vanilla stones. That's why I thought it wouldn't work. I used the ss last night to make the garlic bites and now it has what look like water spots on the inside.
No- it's not "scratchy" abrasive at all....I have even used it on the top of my black gas stove (I believe it's finished with a porcalin sp? paint) and it did NOT scratch the finish...but it got off the cooked on stuff that I couldn't get off otherwise!

I love the stylish look of SS, but I think I am going to stick with my Exec.

This thread is exactly why we have Stainless now! Folks who like stainless will be crazy for it. My mom won't use non-stick - uses stainless only. AND - if you can please her, you can please anyone!!

ljeffries said:
This thread is exactly why we have Stainless now! Folks who like stainless will be crazy for it. My mom won't use non-stick - uses stainless only. AND - if you can please her, you can please anyone!!

Oh yes!! My mom and dad are EXACTLY the same way. They won't make anything in nonstick. I think they threw all of the nonstick they did have away. They think the nonstick is "poisonous". :eek:

Another thing to use to clean SS is baking soda. If stuff sticks to mine (I have brand X right now), I dump some baking soda in it, add water, then bring to a boil on the stove top. That will loosen it. Then you have to let it cool. I've used Pam on mine and never had a residue on the inside. I've had residue on the outside, and an SOS pad has taken care of that - though I'm sure Barkeepers Friend would be much friendlier ;)

I've been debating on the Executive set or the Stainless Steel. I'm ready for non-stick again. But, does the stuff scratch up if you nest the pans inside one another in the cupboard?

What about "Goo Gone"? It can be washed up after you use it, and it takes residue off quite well. Smells nice, too.

MomToEli said:
Another thing to use to clean SS is baking soda. If stuff sticks to mine (I have brand X right now), I dump some baking soda in it, add water, then bring to a boil on the stove top. That will loosen it. Then you have to let it cool. I've used Pam on mine and never had a residue on the inside. I've had residue on the outside, and an SOS pad has taken care of that - though I'm sure Barkeepers Friend would be much friendlier ;)

I've been debating on the Executive set or the Stainless Steel. I'm ready for non-stick again. But, does the stuff scratch up if you nest the pans inside one another in the cupboard?

I have not had a problem with the pans scratching.

I love my Exec cookware. I buy the shelf liner that is like the little mat that used to come with the old cutting boards to put in between and that works great. I buy it at Tuesday morning for $0.99 a roll (good size)

I also like the SS. I have made about 6 pizzas in it & did a demo tonight at our cluster meeting.

I use the bamboo spatula with soapy water & make like I'm getting the fond off the pan. That has been helping. Then I clean up with the Barkeeper's Friend. That is a SS cleanser that can be used on their SS sinks. It looks fine.

I plan to get the 10"SS & I'm debating about the 12" SS vs. Dbl Burner Griddle
in Exec.

Hint on the pizzas: You only need 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce. I put the rest in an ice cube tray and froze them. Now they are in a baggie in the freezer. Use 1-2 for each pizza.

MomToEli said:

I did have one piece (from the prof. line) that got some chips in it, no idea why, so I returned it and had it replaced. Now, I have all my skillets/stir fry/grill pan nested, but I've put an old wash cloth in between the pans to keep them from chinking together. But other people have told me I just got a bum pan and that it is ok to nest them. I don't mind having the dishcloths there, makes it quieter too!

Where can you find Bartenders Friend?

I haven't used my new SS pan that I earned yet, and now I am a little afraid to. I guess I need to break it in eventually.

I do love my executive!!!!!:love:

Tracy

This is why I do not like Stainless. I love my nonstick!!!

pamperedtracy said:
Where can you find Bartenders Friend?

I haven't used my new SS pan that I earned yet, and now I am a little afraid to. I guess I need to break it in eventually.

I do love my executive!!!!!:love:

Tracy

It's actually called Bar Keepers Friend...it's in the same area of the store as the powder Comet or Ajax Cleansers.

I received my SS Saute pan today. It sure is pretty. I probably won't use it, because I do not like SS. I've used both...and WAAAAAAAAAAY prefer my executive.

I made the recipe that came with my SS pan last night. I do wish my pan was bigger because my chicken breasts were huge!! BUT I LOVED the pan. I have never used SS, so I was a little scared. I felt so professional, like I actually knew what I was doing (I am not a cook!). The chicken came out perfect! And my pan washed up very easily and nicely. My husband was very impressed. He makes fun of me because now I cook. He says he likes my new "inspiration" (PC). He's already asking how can I earn more pans.

Thanks...
ChefJWarren said:
I made the recipe that came with my SS pan last night. I do wish my pan was bigger because my chicken breasts were huge!! BUT I LOVED the pan. I have never used SS, so I was a little scared. I felt so professional, like I actually knew what I was doing (I am not a cook!). The chicken came out perfect! And my pan washed up very easily and nicely. My husband was very impressed. He makes fun of me because now I cook. He says he likes my new "inspiration" (PC). He's already asking how can I earn more pans.

I hardly have any of the PC cookware and had hoped to get SS. I've heard many things about SS both good/bad. Then I read the board and got a little nervous, until your response showed up, now I"m excited again too!

Thanks;

Liz

Well, I did it! I just placed a personal order for the 12" Executive Skillet and Glass Lid! I decided that I really like the idea of selling the cookware and like the idea of the 12" being the "Try Me" piece. So, I want to be able to take it to shows.

Thank you PC for PC$! :D

Pan-O-Rama, here I come!

lizcooks4u said:
I hardly have any of the PC cookware and had hoped to get SS. I've heard many things about SS both good/bad. Then I read the board and got a little nervous, until your response showed up, now I"m excited again too!

Thanks;

Liz

And believe me, this comes from someone who has almost no cooking experience! I made that chicken dish like I had been cooking for years! It was so easy browning the chicken on the stovetop and then sticking it all in the oven to finish up! You'll love it.

MomToEli said:
Well, I did it! I just placed a personal order for the 12" Executive Skillet and Glass Lid! I decided that I really like the idea of selling the cookware and like the idea of the 12" being the "Try Me" piece. So, I want to be able to take it to shows.QUOTE]

You will love this pan Sandy! It's my 20 minutes to dinner pan. Just grab it, add a little oil for flavor, toss in whatever meat I'm cooking, then make a "pan sauce" in it afterwards, and voila, dinner is done (main course anyway) and there is no clean-up. (Technically, a true pan sauce can't be made in non-stick since there is nothing to deglaze...but I do it all the time anyway and no one here is complaining. :angel: )

MomToEli said:
Well, I did it! I just placed a personal order for the 12" Executive Skillet and Glass Lid! I decided that I really like the idea of selling the cookware and like the idea of the 12" being the "Try Me" piece. So, I want to be able to take it to shows.

You will love this pan Sandy! It's my 20 minutes to dinner pan. Just grab it, add a little oil for flavor, toss in whatever meat I'm cooking, then make a "pan sauce" in it afterwards, and voila, dinner is done (main course anyway) and there is no clean-up. (Technically, a true pan sauce can't be made in non-stick since there is nothing to deglaze...but I do it all the time anyway and no one here is complaining. )

MomToEli said:

Use and care card specifically says NOT to use steel wool or other harsh cleansing techniques...

I have pieces of "grip liner" in between each of my non-stick pans. You can also just use a piece of paper towel. I have ALWAYS done this with my non-stick pans (even cheap non-PC ones!) I would love to hear from someone who does NOT do this....how have your non-stick pans held up from storage?

Only because I earned the SS saute pan for free, is why I will bring it to shows. I love the professional and the executive! Non-stick is a lot less work. Your all right in saying the SS set is georgous but not fun at all to clean. I will bring it to explain the differences but I don't think I will ever use it at a show or at home for that matter. But...at least bring them to your shows because there is that % of people out there that prefer them.

I have the Professional Cookware - I do stack mine on top of each other in a certain order - 12" Family Skillet with lid turned upside down, then Large Covered Skillet with lid turned upside down, then Small Saute Pan on top of that. My grill pan and pots I do not stack. Hope this makes sense.

My husband got me a pot rack a couple of years ago for Mother's Day, and hung it above our island.

I love that I can hang my Executive Set now, and I don't have to worry about digging pots and pans out of the cabinets. They don't get scratched.

They are a grab away. I bet the SS would look great hanging. Don't know
if I would use them as much as I do the Ex. Set.

My pot rack has been a lifesaver. I know those won't work in everyone's kitchen, but if you have room, get one.

:D

Tracy

pamperedtracy said:
My husband got me a pot rack a couple of years ago for Mother's Day, and hung it above our island.

I love that I can hang my Executive Set now, and I don't have to worry about digging pots and pans out of the cabinets. They don't get scratched.

My pot rack has been a lifesaver. I know those won't work in everyone's kitchen, but if you have room, get one.

Tracy
Do you hang your lids too? Did you realize that the lid handle will fit over the handle of the pans so you can hang them together? I just saw this at a cluster meeting and it was such an eye opener for me, I had never thought of that. We don't have a pot rack now but if/when we remodel our kitchen I definitely want to do one.

dwyerkim said:
Do you hang your lids too? Did you realize that the lid handle will fit over the handle of the pans so you can hang them together? I just saw this at a cluster meeting and it was such an eye opener for me, I had never thought of that. We don't have a pot rack now but if/when we remodel our kitchen I definitely want to do one.

When I show our executive at a demo, I always get tons of Oooooo's and Aahhh's over that point! That is another great feature of the Executive line over the professional! Since the exec. came out, I mention the professional....but I SELL the executive! For the (small) price difference, I think the exec. is the better way to go!

I am in agreement with most folks on this thread. I will be taking my ss saute pan to shows so I can speak to those who WANT ss. But, I will be using the NON-STICK in my kitchen!

pamperedtracy said:

Tracy
I've never really wanted to have a hanging pot rack, but now I'm thinking I might. We have the room above our island, but I don't want it to cut down on the light in the kitchen. I know you can get some with lights built in, but I still don't think I'll like that as much as the recessed lighting we have over the island (and in the rest of the kitchen). I'm SERIOUSLY running out of room for my pans (I have both the Professional and Executive Sets). I have most of my 5 and 7 piece Exec. pans still in the box in the basement. And now with the SS, I will have no room. I already store some of the pans in my 2nd oven. I guess I'll wait and see how much of the SS I'll earn for free, then decide if we'll consider a hanging pot rack.:D

Wow! Alot of response to my grumpiness!:grumpy: :D

Now - my response to everything. I was being a little grumpy - DH has been out of town, and I think I'm needing a break from my 3 yr old!
I used SS exclusively for 8 yrs before getting my first Professional cookware. (earned the small set a few yrs back during a promotion around Christmas time - I think it was based on the # of shows you held in Nov-Dec)

I had a "professional" set of SS - purchased from a restaurant supply store, so have had lots of experience cooking and cleaning SS. (Used it everyday in my Personal Chef business and at home) After earning most of the Executive set, I sold all of my SS in a garage sale - except for a 12" skillet w/ lid (deeper than the PC one) and a gigantic Stock Pot. I realized the importance of having one skillet that could stand up to a broiler, and also be able to produce "fond" for some recipes.

I don't think I will be using the 8" skillet - too small for anything I would usually want a SS skillet for. What I was complaining about last night is that I have become spoiled with how easily my Executive cleans up. I really don't care how nicely the SS cooks (for most things) - Fond is not that important to me! What is important is being able to use it and clean it quickly and easily. Anything I have to soak or scrub hard to clean will get shoved to the back of a cupboard and not used - it's just a fact of my life. I am at a place where washing and scrubbing dishes is not something I want to spend my time doing. So, yes, I know that Bar Keepers Friend will work with the SS - but if I can do a quick swipe w/ a soapy cloth and have my Executive clean, why would I want to bother w/ digging out the Bar Keepers Friend and scrubbing a SS pan? Plus - it's so heavy! The 8" pan feels as heavy as my 12" Executive skillet - I can only imagine the weight of the larger pans!

I will offer the SS as an alternative for those 36% (or is it 37%?) who purchase SS - but in my house, it will remain mostly Executive Cookware!;)

What is FOND???:confused:

Fond are the little brown crunchy bits that stick to the bottom of the pan when browning in cookware that's not non-stick. It's the basis of pan sauce, and what comes up off the pan when you deglaze with liquid.

KellyTheChef said:
When I show our executive at a demo, I always get tons of Oooooo's and Aahhh's over that point! That is another great feature of the Executive line over the professional! Since the exec. came out, I mention the professional....but I SELL the executive! For the (small) price difference, I think the exec. is the better way to go!

I am in agreement with most folks on this thread. I will be taking my ss saute pan to shows so I can speak to those who WANT ss. But, I will be using the NON-STICK in my kitchen!

Actually, you CAN do it with the SS... that is the way I saw it demo'd, and then I had to rush home and try it with the exec. set to make sure it would work! ;)

dwyerkim said:
Actually, you CAN do it with the SS... that is the way I saw it demo'd, and then I had to rush home and try it with the exec. set to make sure it would work! ;)

You can not with the Professional. I will not be sad when the Professional is gone, except that it will make some of my pans "obsolete" for demos! :grumpy: I want to replace all of my Professional with the Executive...I LOVE the silicone handles and non-stick on the outside! :love: :love: :love:

Did I mention that I LOVE the Executive?? :love: :love:

Oh, and when they announced they were coming out with that line...I thought "what can be better than the Professional?" Duh to me! :eek:

KellyTheChef said:
You can not with the Professional. I will not be sad when the Professional is gone, except that it will make some of my pans "obsolete" for demos! :grumpy: I want to replace all of my Professional with the Executive ...I LOVE the silicone handles and non-stick on the outside! :love: :love: :love:

Did I mention that I LOVE the Executive?? :love: :love:

Oh, and when they announced they were coming out with that line...I thought "what can be better than the Professional?" Duh to me! :eek:

Can you say PANORAMA! ;) I have the professional stir fry pan (free from my director), but then I have the 5 and 7 piece exec. sets., grill pan, and grill press. I do like it a lot too--and will probably use panorama points (knock on wood) to buy the 12" and lid, and the double burner griddle.

chiming in on the ss cookwareI thought I was going to like the ss cookware and I used the pot we got at NC several times, with no issues-it cleaned up very well in the dishwasher. then I made bacon in the small skillet the other day and that thing STILL:eek: isn't clean-2 runs through the dishwashwer and now I will have to start scrubbing.:cry: So, at my show last night, I took the pot, showed it around, never even discussed cleaning it other than in the dishwasher and just told everyone that The Pampered Chef understands that there are fans of all types of cookware, that is now why we offer ss as well as our non-stick! SEVERAL bookings for September! :D I figure, those that like ss are used to cleaning it; those that aren't are buying the non-stick!
As for me, Executive ROCKS!;)

1. Is the Executive Cookware really as easy to clean as they say?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is designed with a non-stick surface that makes it incredibly easy to clean. The non-stick coating prevents food from sticking to the pan, making clean-up a breeze.

2. Can I use the Executive Cookware for everyday cooking?

Absolutely! The Executive Cookware is designed to be durable and versatile, making it perfect for everyday use. Plus, it's oven-safe and can handle high heat, making it great for a variety of cooking methods.

3. What is the best way to clean the Executive Cookware?

We recommend hand-washing the Executive Cookware with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick coating. If needed, a gentle scrub with a soft sponge or brush should remove any stuck-on food.

4. Can I use metal utensils with the Executive Cookware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils with the Executive Cookware. Metal utensils can scratch the non-stick surface and reduce its effectiveness. We recommend using silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils instead.

5. How do I maintain the appearance of my Executive Cookware?

To keep your Executive Cookware looking like new, we suggest using the Garlic Blend oil to oil the pan before each use. This will help prevent food from sticking and make clean-up even easier. Also, avoid using high heat and always hand-wash the cookware to preserve its appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
princessmeshelle
  • nikkijo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikkijo
  • ChefChris
  • General Chat
Replies